7,557 Posts
My dealer called yesterday and told me that his first shipment should
arrive by the end of October with a demo. I asked him about the demo
and he said he did not quite understand why they would send it first
when he has so many people with deposits waiting. He told me he has
to keep it 90 days and then he can sell it. How do you tell someone
who been waiting that the one on the showroom floor could be sold
before you can get yours?
I know this isn't what folks want to hear, but that's just marketing. BRP (and the dealers btw) want to have a model on the floor for people to see, touch and ride. That's what will sell more units for them. It hurts for the first person who could have had it I know, but I understand the business end of the reasoning.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know this isn't what folks want to hear, but that's just marketing. BRP (and the dealers btw) want to have a model on the floor for people to see, touch and ride. That's what will sell more units for them. It hurts for the first person who could have had it I know, but I understand the business end of the reasoning.
"Understand the business end of the reasoning." Why can't they undestand "the customer end of reasoning." Don't you think they would sell more if the units were on the streets?

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
"Understand the business end of the reasoning." Why can't they undestand "the customer end of reasoning." Don't you think they would sell more if the units were on the streets?
More on the streets would be great for business. But since we are talking about one, my answer would be no to your question. I think having one Spyder at all dealers for people to see would generate more sales than having that one Spyder cruising around the streets. I know it's not a popular answer, but I believe it's true.

I wish they could have produced enough to make everyone happy on day 1, but I do understand the business risks associated with a brand new product launch.

·
Registered
307 Posts
More on the streets would be great for business. But since we are talking about one, my answer would be no to your question. I think having one Spyder at all dealers for people to see would generate more sales than having that one Spyder cruising around the streets. I know it's not a popular answer, but I believe it's true.

I wish they could have produced enough to make everyone happy on day 1, but I do understand the business risks associated with a brand new product launch.
The can-am site is still promoting demo rides. I see a whole slew of them for october - november for MA, well up to nov 2nd,, after that it is just to freeking cold to demo them, besides,,,most shops by that time have fully converted to the sled displays and readying for snowmobile season.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
The can-am site is still promoting demo rides. I see a whole slew of them for october - november for MA, well up to nov 2nd,, after that it is just to freeking cold to demo them, besides,,,most shops by that time have fully converted to the sled displays and readying for snowmobile season.
That is just it, as I see it. I used to have sleds and the snow kept getting less and less. Spyder, was my dream come true. Snowmobile on wells, guaranteed seat time. The first peak I went to of the Spyder was during the Ski-Doo tour. MANY people did not know it was going to be there and it was swarmed with people all day. Maybe part of their marketing strategy. I for one plan on riding the Spyder all year round baring large snow falls. Heck can't be any worse than a snowmobile if you dress for it. Another reason I liked the concept. Little to no chrome to worry about with salt. Sand and water not NEARLY the issues you have on a bike. I mailed the Spyderteam asking them to bring back the heat issue they fixed to a diverter that you could turn on and off, similar to Gold wing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That is just it, as I see it. I used to have sleds and the snow kept getting less and less. Spyder, was my dream come true. Snowmobile on wells, guaranteed seat time. The first peak I went to of the Spyder was during the Ski-Doo tour. MANY people did not know it was going to be there and it was swarmed with people all day. Maybe part of their marketing strategy. I for one plan on riding the Spyder all year round baring large snow falls. Heck can't be any worse than a snowmobile if you dress for it. Another reason I liked the concept. Little to no chrome to worry about with salt. Sand and water not NEARLY the issues you have on a bike. I mailed the Spyderteam asking them to bring back the heat issue they fixed to a diverter that you could turn on and off, similar to Gold wing.
and you live where????? around here, there can be a coating of ice, snow, slush, sand and crap in the streets for weeks after a snow storm. Even the local highways that line boston have issues for a few days after snow let alone where I am north of boston. My street gets plowed,, but not to the ground, as do most streets around here. sooooo your front wheels straddle the ice center crap, but that back wheel will sit right on it

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
and you live where????? around here, there can be a coating of ice, snow, slush, sand and crap in the streets for weeks after a snow storm. Even the local highways that line boston have issues for a few days after snow let alone where I am north of boston. My street gets plowed,, but not to the ground, as do most streets around here. sooooo your front wheels straddle the ice center crap, but that back wheel will sit right on it
Minnesota. We have had like no snow that last few years

·
Registered
307 Posts
Minnesota. We have had like no snow that last few years
lol lol, last year we had about a total of 2 feet, temps in the 50s 60's up to january,, then the cold pump turned on and temps went back to normal,, 10 - 20 degrees for a high. The previous years we have had feet of snow,,, 4-8 feet of the white stuff, temps aver around 10 degrees,,,, so um,, regadless of how you dress,,, the snow will kill it...... unles,,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmm couple of snow boards,,,, chains on the back tire,,,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts