Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I have thought about is where I would store a Spyder. I have space in front of one bay in my garage for a motorcycle or snowmobile, but not for a Spyder. What are your plans? Do you have room or moving a car/truck outside?

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
One thing I have thought about is where I would store a Spyder. I have space in front of one bay in my garage for a motorcycle or snowmobile, but not for a Spyder. What are your plans? Do you have room or moving a car/truck outside?
For storage I built a 10' x 12' shed which has a 8' wide roll up door, it will keep the Ninja 650 and Spyder dry in the winter months here in CA. If there is interest I'll post some pics of it and the custom interior finish.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For storage I built a 10' x 12' shed which has a 8' wide roll up door, it will keep the Ninja 650 and Spyder dry in the winter months here in CA. If there is interest I'll post some pics of it and the custom interior finish.
Nice idea...yeah, I would like to see the picture of your set-up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
had to get rid of my full size pool table.(put in buddy's garage) to make room in garage......beside my HD flhs,,,,,and 07 ninja 650 .. dealer called pick up spyder friday morn. finally WOW
Hello Tharkin and everyone,
I'd also like to see pics of your setup, and where did you get the roll-up door? About how much did you spend, if you don't mind me askin?
Thanks
Teach

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Hello Tharkin and everyone,
I'd also like to see pics of your setup, and where did you get the roll-up door? About how much did you spend, if you don't mind me askin?
Thanks
Teach
The link below is for the web page for the cycle garage, which needs to be updated. I'll try and get a few pictures taken today and post. Also I will post a short write up on the costs, and a few of the "special" things added. The size is 10' x 12' and similar to one that are mass produced and sold at Lowes, Home Depot, and other similar places. A Tuff Shed brand sold at Home Depot of this size with one skylight, one 5' door (no roll up options), two windows,delivered, installed, and painted is an average price of $3k.
My cost of the materials to build the "shell" like the Tuff Shed was about $1,500, but unlike the mass produced ones, mine is conventionally framed, and allowed for interior finishing, wiring, without problems.
As usual with construction projects, no matter how much planing goes into the project, things go wrong. The roll up door was ordered and shipped in, and they gave me the wrong specs, so once it was installed, I was lacking 6" of ceiling height. In the pics you can see I needed to make two roof boxes to gain the needed space. That only involved two days of re-doing the roofing & interior finishing.
No regrets on going with the door company I did, the ones that were available locally were less expensive, but the quality reflected it.

In the pic with the flooring installed, the blue area is for the Ninja 650 which is blue. The flooring tile company is now offering "custom logo's" so thinking of having a Spyder log produced and install that in the floor where they Spyder will be parked.

Cycle Garage

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, I am impressed with your attention to detail. A man after my own heart! I have always wondered how those interlocking tiles would work out. Let us know what you think once you start abusing them. Sam's Club sells a vinyl type mat that looks interesting too for a floor.

Now, we need a picture with the Spyder in there

·
Registered
307 Posts
I keep mine at the BRP plant right now. atleast until they deliver it. then it will have a 8x12 shed to sleep in while it snows out side. when it awakens from its slumber in march/april it will have 0 miles on it cause at this rate, it wont show up till the snow is comming down

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep mine at the BRP plant right now. atleast until they deliver it. then it will have a 8x12 shed to sleep in while it snows out side. when it awakens from its slumber in march/april it will have 0 miles on it cause at this rate, it wont show up till the snow is comming down
...at least you aren't bitter about it

·
Registered
183 Posts
I opted for the living room or bedroom but my better half said no way!!! Just don't understand women sometimes
. Okay really.. splitting the garage and building a wall so I can limit the dust and protecting the Spyder from falling items and kids coming in and out with thier toys. Maybe I'll carpet the area! A good thing if I don't stop whining about the Spyder at home soon I'll have a carpeted room to sleep in. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I opted for the living room or bedroom but my better half said no way!!! Just don't understand women sometimes
. Okay really.. splitting the garage and building a wall so I can limit the dust and protecting the Spyder from falling items and kids coming in and out with thier toys. Maybe I'll carpet the area! A good thing if I don't stop whining about the Spyder at home soon I'll have a carpeted room to sleep in. ;)
garage is 40x60 with a heated floor. should be able to find a spot for the spyder to sleep for the winter?wonder how many coats of wax it will have by spring?

·
Registered
132 Posts
house2a.JPG
Hopefully it won't be in there very often but; Spyder on the left and G35 on the right in the garage of my new house...only because it won't fit through the front door and into the living room. Then again there is always the slider to the family room ...hmmm.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
The link below is for the web page for the cycle garage, which needs to be updated. I'll try and get a few pictures taken today and post. Also I will post a short write up on the costs, and a few of the "special" things added. The size is 10' x 12' and similar to one that are mass produced and sold at Lowes, Home Depot, and other similar places. A Tuff Shed brand sold at Home Depot of this size with one skylight, one 5' door (no roll up options), two windows,delivered, installed, and painted is an average price of $3k.
My cost of the materials to build the "shell" like the Tuff Shed was about $1,500, but unlike the mass produced ones, mine is conventionally framed, and allowed for interior finishing, wiring, without problems.
As usual with construction projects, no matter how much planing goes into the project, things go wrong. The roll up door was ordered and shipped in, and they gave me the wrong specs, so once it was installed, I was lacking 6" of ceiling height. In the pics you can see I needed to make two roof boxes to gain the needed space. That only involved two days of re-doing the roofing & interior finishing.
No regrets on going with the door company I did, the ones that were available locally were less expensive, but the quality reflected it.

In the pic with the flooring installed, the blue area is for the Ninja 650 which is blue. The flooring tile company is now offering "custom logo's" so thinking of having a Spyder log produced and install that in the floor where they Spyder will be parked.
Cycle Garage
WOW thats not a shed !!!dont even know if you could call it a garage.i know some college kids that would live there
great job !!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
NO WHERE !!!!!! YET I'am ticked dealer called and said he got his 3 in and i'am #3 but seems the first 2 and myself ordered blk/slvr...
and of course he got 2 blk/slvr and 1 YELLOW aggggghhhhhhhhhhhh said i could have yellow but wife said she wants her blk/slvr.so unless 1 of them changes to yellow which i doubt
I'am back to waiting for next shipment which is supposed to maybe next week .....YEA RIGHT !!!!

well at least i'am ready for it anyways...
they better hurry before wife start's filling it up

·
Registered
204 Posts
Spyder has a spot next to the Toaster, that's right, you guessed it, I am getting Yellow Spyder, I hope.
Nice scion,I love thoes things...Anyway I bought 2 sea containers and put them beside each other and put windows in them,they are water tight and at 8 x 20 each it is the perfect size for the Spyder..

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Nice scion,I love thoes things...Anyway I bought 2 sea containers and put them beside each other and put windows in them,they are water tight and at 8 x 20 each it is the perfect size for the Spyder..
Spyderman
How are you going to get the SPyder past customs in Kazakstan? Put some tires on the sea containers and trailor it in?
Check your "My Location" :mellow:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well the shed is up, the snow blower and my wifes scooter are in it along with a daycare 6 seated carriage I built. If the spyder shows up before march, then it will go in there,, if not,, in the driveway it shall go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts