Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junior got me a turkey fryer for Fathers Day and I've been looking for some good artery glogging recipes LOL

So far I've fried up-
Walleye
fries
chicken
and the best one so far that went over pretty good is mars bars coated in Rocky Madisons

Lets hear some good ones to try

·
Registered
15 Posts
Homemade onion rings are FABULOUS!!!! I buy the batter mix in a package, slice the onions, fry them up and stand back to watch the feeding frenzy.

Deep fried perogies are yummy also.

Drop in a sliced apple without batter, sprinkle with cinnamon and dust with sugar for a sweet treat.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey now everyone, this is not fair.

I am trying to keep my weight down, but all this food sounds just well, I am kinda hungry right now to .

Sheeeeeezzz, you guys are baaaaaaaaaaad

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Homemade onion rings are FABULOUS!!!! I buy the batter mix in a package, slice the onions, fry them up and stand back to watch the feeding frenzy.

Deep fried perogies are yummy also.

Drop in a sliced apple without batter, sprinkle with cinnamon and dust with sugar for a sweet treat.
MMMMMM
Sounds Good

Keep em coming

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey now everyone, this is not fair.

I am trying to keep my weight down, but all this food sounds just well, I am kinda hungry right now to .

Sheeeeeezzz, you guys are baaaaaaaaaaad
I am not a guy............ :rolleyes:

I certainly don't eat that way every day.

If you want to shrink your butt, move it!!! Preferably away from the fridge.....................and the deep fryer.

I have also boiled corn using water in the pot instead of oil, for a crowd of 30.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yup, corn, lobster, crab with water, and anything that will fit in it for deep frying!! I use canlola oil in case friends have allergies, but peanut oil works great for the turkey's

·
Registered
15 Posts
What about blooming onions?
You can do them, easier if you have the Pampered Chef cutter for it. More batter=more FAT!!!

My friends are happy enough with the rings, just a flake of batter remains, and it is very crispy without reminding one of chinese food (deep fried chicken balls
). How DO they get that many balls anyways, if each rooster only has two???? ;)

This weekend I may try frozen bread dough, broken into bits, like doughnut holes. A little icing sugar and cinnamon............

I found this turkey marinade which is very popular.....

Recipe

I use minced garlic from a jar, and finely chopped onions, instead of powder. I omit the salt, and will use OXO if I have no other chicken stock. I pour it through a sieve before putting it into the injector. It is also good injected into a beef roast on a rotisserie.

I want to try injecting marinade into a thick pork tenderloin, then deep frying it. I suspect it will be yummy!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We cooked a turkey in one a few years ago on a sled trip.Pretty good feed with a bunch of brewskees, after the keys are put away of coarse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts