Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer, Broward Motorsports in Davie, Florida got 3 SPYDERS. One yellow that is mine and 2 silver. Dealer has a silver one in the showroom at the new display that has no options hanging on it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
DH Cycles in Modesto CA, black/silver demo. will have all accessories installed once they arrive.
my dealer is getting 3 spyders, 2 silver and one yellow. I am number 1 on the list, yellow ordered. I will be absolutly flip out like no person on this earth has if they come in and the yellow cant be given to me because it is a designated as the "dealer demo" OMG talk about going balistic!!!!!!!!! but, holding off on exploding until they actually arrive..... tyring to keep positive,,,,, actually, I have just given up, as much as I want it, it will be in the low 30's upper 20's in the am this week and it only goes down hill from here,, so I could actually wait for the next shipment,,, with of course some type of re-embursment or freebees for the huge inconvince

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dealer is getting 3 spyders, 2 silver and one yellow. I am number 1 on the list, yellow ordered. I will be absolutly flip out like no person on this earth has if they come in and the yellow cant be given to me because it is a designated as the "dealer demo" OMG talk about going balistic!!!!!!!!! but, holding off on exploding until they actually arrive..... tyring to keep positive,,,,, actually, I have just given up, as much as I want it, it will be in the low 30's upper 20's in the am this week and it only goes down hill from here,, so I could actually wait for the next shipment,,, with of course some type of re-embursment or freebees for the huge inconvince
well my farther and i are #1&2 on the list since march, for 2 silvers at our dealer 4 hours away. known all along that they would get 3. now 2 silv and 1 yel is on the way! with the way brp has been handling this, guess what color the demo will probably be!!??if they arnt going to send the colors ordered first, then they could have at least let it up to the dealer as to wich one stays as a demo!!!!!!!!!!!but no, they send one pre registered and our dealers have no control over it. so charles, as will probably happen to us, if your color comes in as a demo, your screwed!

·
Registered
314 Posts
well my farther and i are #1&2 on the list since march, for 2 silvers at our dealer 4 hours away. known all along that they would get 3. now 2 silv and 1 yel is on the way! with the way brp has been handling this, guess what color the demo will probably be!!??if they arnt going to send the colors ordered first, then they could have at least let it up to the dealer as to wich one stays as a demo!!!!!!!!!!!but no, they send one pre registered and our dealers have no control over it. so charles, as will probably happen to us, if your color comes in as a demo, your screwed!
BRP will send what they want/not what was ordered first they wouldnt even answer the email asking for any reason why..
except for the copy and paste comments now on there site..
yep BRP has really pissed a lot of people that are 2 or 3 on list.same here #3 fpr blk/slvr.i could've had the yellow but what the %@#*%$ they sent what they wanted not what customers ordered
...so i opted to wait ..of course i again took what dealer said that it would arrive end of this month--ABSOLUTELY !
be before the end of year....yea right .not from the posts i see.so i will not get a # less than 600
now it seems EVERY DEALER has had to tell customers too bad...you might want to suggest what i saw
someone had posted tell the dealer to change the panels from the demo...then dealers would still have the demo that where assigned to them ...what happened to the customer comes first...::
not at (****) you know who ! I'am so close to waiting for HD'S to come out.i have special ordered from HD and was always kept in the loop.and THE RIGHT COLOR WAS SENT
now just tell wife to get on the back & wait..
dont tell her... i'am gonna blame brp

·
Rokonman #2018
142 Posts
just wondering if the dealers who had deliveries have yellow demos or are they random?
Darren, I ordered from the same dealer you and your dad, Pioneer Motorsport in Chaffee, NY. They said when I ordered that I should consider the color carefully because it was likely that BPP would "batch" colors together and produce Spyders that way. I ordered Yellow because, at the time I ordered, the silver was ordered two-to-one over the yellow and I figured I may move up the list a couple of spots due to production vs. order date. My reason for sharing this is that at least one dealer understood what may be the production reality and set my expectations correctly. I expect only to receive my Spyder before March 31 and not necessarily in order of the date I ordered. Additionally, there are folks ahead of me in the list that will not want the machine in the cold weather so I may move up the list for yet another reason. As far a my number in the sequence from 1-2500, if it isn't #1 who cares. Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Darren, I ordered from the same dealer you and your dad, Pioneer Motorsport in Chaffee, NY. They said when I ordered that I should consider the color carefully because it was likely that BPP would "batch" colors together and produce Spyders that way. I ordered Yellow because, at the time I ordered, the silver was ordered two-to-one over the yellow and I figured I may move up the list a couple of spots due to production vs. order date. My reason for sharing this is that at least one dealer understood what may be the production reality and set my expectations correctly. I expect only to receive my Spyder before March 31 and not necessarily in order of the date I ordered. Additionally, there are folks ahead of me in the list that will not want the machine in the cold weather so I may move up the list for yet another reason. As far a my number in the sequence from 1-2500, if it isn't #1 who cares. Just my two cents worth.
Okay...I have posted this on two other forums but it looks as if BRP sent almost all dealers 2 silvers and one yellow and they have to fill the orders with that. The yellow is supposed to be the demo, but it seems as if the dealers are making the choice to give out the bikes 2 the 1st 2 customers and take what the dealers can get for the demo no matter what color. Unlike my dealership (Ride Now motorsports in Arizona) who decided to keep the yellow and dole out the 2 silvers. Even though I am #1 on the list. I am thinking about chaning my color to get the silver so I can ride now not later.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Okay...I have posted this on two other forums but it looks as if BRP sent almost all dealers 2 silvers and one yellow and they have to fill the orders with that. The yellow is supposed to be the demo, but it seems as if the dealers are making the choice to give out the bikes 2 the 1st 2 customers and take what the dealers can get for the demo no matter what color. Unlike my dealership (Ride Now motorsports in Arizona) who decided to keep the yellow and dole out the 2 silvers. Even though I am #1 on the list. I am thinking about chaning my color to get the silver so I can ride now not later.
Ms.muffit, so what you are saying, I am hearing alot. My dealer also has said he is getting 3 spyders, he is getting 2 silver and 1 yellow. Now from what you just posted, it "IS" up to the dealer and they can change the demo color? is that what I am reading here? If this is true, do yo umind me asking, where did you hear this,, this is potentially great news for many.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rokonman, i agree i think pioneer is one of the best. my mistake is assuming that brp would have had the common sence to ship the colors ordered first! when we filled out the order form to BRP, we chose a color and assumed like everyone else at that time that it was a special ordered machine and thats the one that would come! we didnt get on a list to buy something, we put a deposit down and ordered a specific machine. ordered them togather and had hopes of only making one 4hour trip in the fall and picking them up. it would have only took one line on the order form to state that colors shipped random. another plus would have been to be able to take them both in at the same time for scheduled servicing. oh-well starting to care less and less, they'll get here when thet get here. good luck on yours

1 - 10 of 10 Posts