Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To no one in particular. This delivery situation is a good life experience for us all. No amount of ranting or raving is going to get you that bike any faster. I'm going to try to keep calm and concentrate on all the other stuff us more mature (agewise anyway) Spyder people will have to get done before I get delivery. Not the least of which is a Fla Motorcycle License. Anyway I wonder if anyone can recommend the best trailer for Spyder? I have investigated this a little on the internet and so far Rocket has the nicest looking 6x8 all aluminum trailer. The location is OK for me because they are kind of by Daytona. The Spyder is going to be one of the coolest bikes (roadsters) in the world and I am interested in a trailer to match. View attachment 1105 rocket_6x6.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
To no one in particular. This delivery situation is a good life experience for us all. No amount of ranting or raving is going to get you that bike any faster. I'm going to try to keep calm and concentrate on all the other stuff us more mature (agewise anyway) Spyder people will have to get done before I get delivery. Not the least of which is a Fla Motorcycle License. Anyway I wonder if anyone can recommend the best trailer for Spyder? I have investigated this a little on the internet and so far Rocket has the nicest looking 6x8 all aluminum trailer. The location is OK for me because they are kind of by Daytona. The Spyder is going to be one of the coolest bikes (roadsters) in the world and I am interested in a trailer to match. View attachment 1105 View attachment 1106
i purchase a adventure sports product, it is air ride and lowers to ground level. makes loading easy. they show a spyder loaded on the trailer.

·
Registered
307 Posts

i purchase a adventure sports product, it is air ride and lowers to ground level. makes loading easy. they show a spyder loaded on the trailer.
Nice trailer!! although I plan to have its wheels on the pavement and my butt on the saddle ridding it where it needs to go vrs trailering it.

question, and I am truly curious, why would you get a trailer for your spyder if you plan on riding it?

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Nice trailer!! although I plan to have its wheels on the pavement and my butt on the saddle ridding it where it needs to go vrs trailering it.

question, and I am truly curious, why would you get a trailer for your spyder if you plan on riding it?
I can think of a few reasons.

1) Pull it behind a motorhome as an extra vehicle
2) Take it along on a vacation
3) Snobirds that spend Winters in Florida/Az, etc

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can think of a few reasons.

1) Pull it behind a motorhome as an extra vehicle
2) Take it along on a vacation
3) Snobirds that spend Winters in Florida/Az, etc
2 more reasons-

1)I live 250 miles from dealer (worried about break in if I drove it home all interstate)

2)To get it worked on if something breaks

Attachments

·
Rokonman #2018
142 Posts

Better be careful with a 6' X 8' trailer. The Spyder is 105" long and an 8' trailer is 96" long

·
Registered
93 Posts
Break-in! It's like a car or anyother motor cylce. Not a 2 stroke snowmobile. I bought my Goldwing and rode it home at 80MPH for 1200 miles. Now have 17000 on it and it runs perfect. No reason to need a break-in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now THAT really is over the top. Nice trailer

Bet it cost half the price of the Spyder.
The trailer is V nose 6'X12' rear ramp.
I bought it used on eBay for $1500.00
The decals were $450.00

I also looked at this as a portable weather tight garage to store it in.

·
SR Arndt
361 Posts
The decals were $450.00

Portable, weather tight garage - with a Spyder inside...hmmm...What's your address, when are you not home, and what size hitch does it take?

·
Registered
708 Posts
The decals were $450.00

Couldn't help but notice that in one photo, there is (no) V on the front end, wassup?
Great price btw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check www.harbor-master.com for their aluminum enclosed trailers. Tim builds really nice stuff and you can't find a better company to work with. He can custom build about anything you want. He builds the Magnum trailers under his harbor-master company name.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Couldn't help but notice that in one photo, there is (no) V on the front end, wassup?
Great price btw.
You are absolutely right also if you look close enough you will see that's its
two different trailers.
The pictures were the ones that were on the eBay add.

I sent the same pictures to graphic designer after I won and picked up the trailer.
The pictures I posted are the ones the graphic designer sent me on the decals
before they were made.

The trailer is real and I will post some new ones when my Spyder comes.( I hope before the snow)
I do not own a digital camera and I have dial-up at home that's why I posted the ones I had.

The trailer really looks better than the pictures I had, I also had some Rotax 990 emblems
made ([email protected]) -I know this says 900 but they sent 990.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts