Can Am Spyder Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you purchase the "Rear Top Cargo Travel Bag" it comes with a "shelf" that allows you to store the "Travel Cover" under the shelf and put your "want to get at easily" stuff in the travel bag on top of the shelf. "Try it, you'll like it!!"
Bill,
That sounds great---but what is the cost and does it give you the ability to carry, say folding chairs when you go to some sort of event that requires standing for long periods? That was 1 purpose for the trunk rack, the other being a place to store rain gear when fully packed for travel.
I have made a shelf for the rear compartment that works good and will allow you to purchase more mods for your machine with the money you save over the factory offering.
Thanks C-YA RL

Spyderrt.embarqspace.com

·
TicketBait
198 Posts
Best looking practical exterior shelf rack I have seen! Do you
need to drill into top hatch to attach?, also do you have any pics
showing a load of stuff on it, like rain gear etc.?

You should start a new thread, showing all the pics, I think it got lost in this one.

I have the trailer but may still get this when I don't wanna pull.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Best looking practical exterior shelf rack I have seen! Do you
need to drill into top hatch to attach?, also do you have any pics
showing a load of stuff on it, like rain gear etc.?

You should start a new thread, showing all the pics, I think it got lost in this one.

I have the trailer but may still get this when I don't wanna pull.
Thanks for the kodos, and YES I had to drill into the cover to through bolt it.
I will take some photos of the raingear loaded and post them.
Thanks again C-YA RL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Masterful job! Let us know how the gas shock works for counterbalance when you (lightly) load the rack.
The lift shock seems to work well with the rain gear loaded (8.5 lbs). I haven't weighed the chairs yet, but it worked with them as well.
C-YA RL

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
@ gene0108... Inspector Gadget built this version pictured above about a year ago now. And has them for sale on his site. It may be that someone else has made one and or they bought one from IG...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The mounting plate seen in the following photo is attached to the trailer hitch with the existing trailer ball. Remove the trailer ball, set the plate in place and reinsert the trailer ball. You will need a large deep socket (1 7/8) to remove the bolt from the BRP hitch. Once in place, the plate is a permanent attachment and does not interfere with the trailer tongue. To install the cooler rack you simply slide the bars into the mounting plate and slide the locking cotter pins into place. Takes about 20 seconds to insert or remove the cooler rack. I have had this cooler rack for my past three bikes and have found it very handy for carrying all sorts of things, from gas cans, to small bags, to a set of golf clubs. I also have an insert for the rack that allows for me to mount a folding plastic crate on the rack.
View attachment 9158
Where can I get a rake to go on my can am spyder rt limited

41 - 56 of 56 Posts