Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 08 SE5 that has (in my best guess) 3500 miles. However, I had some work done and the odometer got adjusted. That isn't the primary issue...its been sitting in my garage and the battery went dead, so I finally got a new battery and all is well in the world, but its only showing 140 miles.

So my questions are:

1) How do you get the true mileage?

2) I'm getting ready to sell it, how do you explain the low mileage on the odometer?

3) Bonus Question: how do you adjust the price for a spyder that has realistically just been collecting dust (in a garage) for the past 4 years?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 08 SE5 that has (in my best guess) 3500 miles. However, I had some work done and the odometer got adjusted. That isn't the primary issue...its been sitting in my garage and the battery went dead, so I finally got a new battery and all is well in the world, but its only showing 140 miles.

So my questions are:
1) How do you get the true mileage?
2) I'm getting ready to sell it, how do you explain the low mileage on the odometer?
3) Bonus Question: how do you adjust the price for a spyder that has realistically just been collecting dust (in a garage) for the past 4 years?
1. On the reverse of your pink slip they have an estimated mileage entry. When you sign it over, put in your closest guess.
2. Show the receipts for the work done and explain the issue
3. Adjust the price? Well if its running like crap and has rotting tires, you fix everything and ride it a couple miles. I would have a mechanic go through it, put fresh gas in, etc. Clean it up and list it!

The buyer is going to know you didnt ride it much. If he/she feels uneasy, I'd pull a panel. At 3500 it must be spotless. I'd still list it at light discount because of the minor issues, but I'd get what it's worth...no huge discounts!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.