Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's sad when a some [email protected]@es blow it for every one;
I have a park 3hr North that quite a bit of ATV riders go to it has a little bit of everything
Smooth trails mud water rocks it has is all; the way to access this is to drive into private property, the owner hade not problem with this till some [email protected]@es came whipping through at more than 90 KMS on Banshees and nearly took out a grandmother and her grand daughter. The owners got together and fenced off all the property now we are screwed for we have no way of getting in to this awesome land that was used by many fellow ATVers.
This is where my 10 year old rides and has no worries about being afraid.
This really sucks. I heard a few of the guy saying that if the catch the are going to throw the a beating and smash the bike's. That would be well deserved I think; the have been doing this for a few week, the owners wanted to put boards with spikes but were concerned for the rest of us that use their roads to get to the trails.
And now we are @#%*%$#@
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Maybe you should talk to these land owners, show them you are responsible enough and have enough regard for human life to be trusted on their private property and maybe they will allow you access. Chances are they are looking to regulate the a-holes and probably don't have a beef with riders with common sense. It may be worth a shot to get back the area that you and your family enjoys...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you should talk to these land owners, show them you are responsible enough and have enough regard for human life to be trusted on their private property and maybe they will allow you access. Chances are they are looking to regulate the a-holes and probably don't have a beef with riders with common sense. It may be worth a shot to get back the area that you and your family enjoys...
We all plan to talk with them but thing are still to fresh for us to do that, some of the local atv-ers are keeping a close eye on what going on and are ready for these clowns. Now we all wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Maybe you should talk to these land owners, show them you are responsible enough and have enough regard for human life to be trusted on their private property and maybe they will allow you access. Chances are they are looking to regulate the a-holes and probably don't have a beef with riders with common sense. It may be worth a shot to get back the area that you and your family enjoys...
This post is the best way of handling it.


you could go a few steps futher and offer to put up a gate of some kind that only you guys could get through, and ensure the landowners that you will be respectfull of them and their land.

Wolf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This post is the best way of handling it.


you could go a few steps futher and offer to put up a gate of some kind that only you guys could get through, and ensure the landowners that you will be respectfull of them and their land.

Wolf
That's what we plan to do but first we must let the wounds heal before that approach some of the locals will offer help when they can to the land owners in hopes to turn this around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
That's what we plan to do but first we must let the wounds heal before that approach some of the locals will offer help when they can to the land owners in hopes to turn this around.
It's always the 2% that ruin it for the other 98%. Maybe a goodwill gesture will work, offer to pay for the gate/fence and have a work party to install it. Even though you are not the offender, a written letter offering an apology on behalf of the responsible ATV'ers may go a long way if you feel a face-to-face conversation is still too fresh. Riding areas are disappearing and irresponsible riding is the major cause.

I personally don't agree with trashing their bikes and throttling the punks, but I know how you feel. If you see them or find them, have a talk with them and let them know that their actions cost other people. Maybe they will tell you where to go, or maybe they will stand up and apologize to the owners themselves. You never know. Sometimes the adrenaline rush of a ride makes you do something you normally wouldn't, so try to be civil if you find these other riders.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's always the 2% that ruin it for the other 98%. Maybe a goodwill gesture will work, offer to pay for the gate/fence and have a work party to install it. Even though you are not the offender, a written letter offering an apology on behalf of the responsible ATV'ers may go a long way if you feel a face-to-face conversation is still too fresh. Riding areas are disappearing and irresponsible riding is the major cause.

I personally don't agree with trashing their bikes and throttling the punks, but I know how you feel. If you see them or find them, have a talk with them and let them know that their actions cost other people. Maybe they will tell you where to go, or maybe they will stand up and apologize to the owners themselves. You never know. Sometimes the adrenaline rush of a ride makes you do something you normally wouldn't, so try to be civil if you find these other riders.

Good Luck!
I think that the talk of a beating and trashing of the bikes were heat of the moment talk;
We are not that type and stoop to that level, however the thought is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Good will actions may go a long way in repairing damaged opinions. Ofter to build the fence and gate it to restrict access.....Do whatever it takes because places to ride are few and far between and getting less and less everyday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
That sucks! Yes like said above maybe keep the fence, if its not like snow fence and put a gate up. Then get some chain and a lock. Give a lock key to the owner, a key for yourself and if any other people like you that are smart the land owner can either go unlock it for them or just plain make a copy of the key! Just an idea! If you have talked to the owner before this all happend then you should be ok!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top