Can Am Spyder Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
to 7Industries;
what is that sleeve on the handle bars? are they hand protectors? they look cool.
and i was wondering do you think if you left the suction cups on there for long periods it would scuff the paint?

·
Registered
223 Posts
does it mold to the curves of the spyder tank?
I think this is important
Yes it does, the plate is not hard platic, it's a high end foam at the bottom end si you dont scratch the body, and flexible plastic at the top for maximum resistance and ajustable. You can see that there is several holes in the plate so
that you can adjust the suctioncups to the best configuration you need.

Very flexable!

Width : 30 cm
Depth : 36 cm
Height : 23-29 cm
  • Specially designed for sports bikes with plastic tanks.
  • Made of fake-leather and polyester.
  • It can be turned into a backpack.
  • 25 to 31 litres capacity.
  • Extendable model.
  • Rain cover.

·
Registered
223 Posts
to 7Industries;
what is that sleeve on the handle bars? are they hand protectors? they look cool.
and i was wondering do you think if you left the suction cups on there for long periods it would scuff the paint?
Yes those are hand protectors and we have them in stock..sold over 300 of these already for Spyder owners.
For the suctioncups, i dont think that they would scuff the paint, but if left in the sun for a LONG period of time i think that
there would be some decoloration...but normaly once your done with the ride and bag, you just take it off since it's so easy to install and uninstall

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes it does, the plate is not hard platic, it's a high end foam at the bottom end si you dont scratch the body, and flexible plastic at the top for maximum resistance and ajustable. You can see that there is several holes in the plate so
that you can adjust the suctioncups to the best configuration you need.

Very flexable!

Width : 30 cm
Depth : 36 cm
Height : 23-29 cm
  • Specially designed for sports bikes with plastic tanks.
  • Made of fake-leather and polyester.
  • It can be turned into a backpack.
  • 25 to 31 litres capacity.
  • Extendable model.
  • Rain cover.
So it adheres with suction cups, what are the clips on the side for?

·
Rokonman #2018
142 Posts
Looking for comments on the BRP tank bag. Looks handy for small stuff and maps, etc. Thoughts?
If you have a yellow Spyder and you ride in the rain, the tank bag will ruin your paint. It stains the paint and the stain can not be removed. BRP has replaced one top (Y) panel and now the replacement is ruined. At Americade, I checked the Yellow demo bikes and they all had the stain. The bag "bleeds" or reacts in some way with the paint.

Before you ask, I carry no liquids of any kind in the bag and never have. It's the bag!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would need to know a little more about the suction cups.
I have yet to see a suction cup that didn't come un- sucked in time.
Weather, temperature, surface characteristics, all seem to play against them sticking for a prolong period of time.
But if they do work. I like the bag and it would sure simplify things installation wise.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I would need to know a little more about the suction cups.
I have yet to see a suction cup that didn't come un- sucked in time.
Weather, temperature, surface characteristics, all seem to play against them sticking for a prolong period of time.
But if they do work. I like the bag and it would sure simplify things installation wise.

Mike
I agree it looks like a nice set-up. Thibault, if you have any pictures of the bag on the Spyder or being mounted on a Spyder...that would be helpful.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you have a yellow Spyder and you ride in the rain, the tank bag will ruin your paint. It stains the paint and the stain can not be removed. BRP has replaced one top (Y) panel and now the replacement is ruined. At Americade, I checked the Yellow demo bikes and they all had the stain. The bag "bleeds" or reacts in some way with the paint.

Before you ask, I carry no liquids of any kind in the bag and never have. It's the bag!
Not true with the ones we sell, the way the bag is monted and the vinyl material of the bag make it the best choise. The bag comes with a transparent rain cover as well so even less chances to get your bag wet. For the question about the suctioncups eventualy letting go, I havent seen one of these tankbags come back in stock poeple love them, and we have sold some for many years for other models of sportsbikes and no comments where made as of the suctioncup system getting worned out...

Here is the picture i promised of the way they mont with the suctioncups...note that all the air is pushed out when you press on the cup and then when you place the Plate on the cup and secure it with the last tool (last picture) it wont budge from there....
Ahaha dont mind my big fingers..

·
Registered
196 Posts
That looks like it might work. I think when my machine gets here that tank bag will be what I go for.
Of course price is a factor.
If it cost me my first born. You will have to wait till I get my red Spyder and attract a mate.

Thanks for the info.
Mike

·
Registered
223 Posts
That looks like it might work. I think when my machine gets here that tank bag will be what I go for.
Of course price is a factor.
If it cost me my first born. You will have to wait till I get my red Spyder and attract a mate.

Thanks for the info.
Mike
Ahahah.....Dont worry, you wont even need to sell a kidney to get these tankbags..
right now we hold 2 models in stock one is 149.99$ and the other 159.99$

Dont forget you get
1- ajusteble tankbag
2- a rain cover for the bag
3- straps to make a backpack out of it
as extras

the one at 149.99$ is just a little bit smaller holds 18Lit
the one at 159.99$ is the biger model that unzips to allow more space in the bag 25-31Lit

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tank bag for the RS requires a bracket to install. Make sure it included witrh the bag I'm talking for the bag for 2012 and prior ones. . looking for comments on the BRP tank bag. Looks handy for small stuff and maps, etc. Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

21 - 34 of 34 Posts