Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned home a bit ago after a 6.5 hour stay at the dealer. Have pics of truck arrival, unloading, removal from crate, assembly of Spyder. Just uploaded the pics and to resize, protect serial numbers, and will post.

Spyder numbers are : 300 (blk/silv) 409 (ylw) 584 (blk/silv)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just returned home a bit ago after a 6.5 hour stay at the dealer. Have pics of truck arrival, unloading, removal from crate, assembly of Spyder. Just uploaded the pics and to resize, protect serial numbers, and will post.

Can't what to see the Pic. Did you notice or hear of any trucks on there way to S CAL.?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, congats! At least they made it to California! I am waiting for them to get to San Bernardino, anyone else nearby? So, you got to watch the truck unload how many Spyders? Did you get to take delivery on yours?...I want to hear all about it!

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
First of all I would like to give a big thank you to Dave Harrell the owner of D-H Cycles for allowing me to spend the day there well waiting for the truck arrival. Also special thanks to Jason and Cameron in sales, and Jim the tech that is doing the Spyder PDI. Also handles the forklift for unloading and moving them into the shop area.
The entire D-H team are all very professional and I had a great time, learned some info about the Spyder.

The truck driver had called on Wednesday and scheduled a 12pm arrival, well that was a bit off, he actually arrived at 3:29pm. The truck/driver
were actually from Quebec, can transport 18 Spyders total. He had made stops at Rancho Cordova, Sacramento, Lodi, and Hayward.

This is our Spyder # 409 Yellow.

Jim was not really thrilled about needing to use a cargo strap to pull the stack.

All three Spyders landed safley.

Heading out for the last two stops of this shipment.

In talking with the driver, he is French Canadian and did rather well with english. From what I learned, he will find a cargo load for the return trip, which
is common since deadheading makes no bucks. Then make another Spyder trip.

This information is from this delivery, and I can not say all Spyders are being delivered using the same process.

·
Registered
314 Posts

GREAT great pics . :pictures worthless: . you ride it home?? congrat's...happy trails

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
First Spyder to have crate removed and then assembled.

In the center of the crate is the storage compartment unit, secured to a wood suupport structure.

Another view of the storage compartment.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last of pics.

The Spyder appeared to be protected well, and was very well secured to the shipping platform.

As for the question about assembly time, the only piece to be attached is the storage compartment. This requires connecting a few wire
assemblies, and installing 6 screws/bolts. Far from the posts I have read about installing the "entire" front end and time estimates.
The PDI does require the removal of the side panels on the bike, but that is just a matter of some screws and only minutes of time. The normal
connect battery, check fluid levels, and the use of a special electronic gizmo for checking the belt tension. Once this is completed, the Spyder is then
connected to a computer for final checking. Once a tech has done a few PDIs on the Spyder, the entire unpacking, assembly, and PDI should take at most 3 hours.

Since it was not made clear to Jim I was waiting for mine to be assembled, he just grabbed the first one. So I'm going to return at 9am tomorrow and Jim and I will be opening mine up and getting it road ready.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Thanks and if Mark does mot mind me using up more bandwidth I'll post some pics of our Yellow Spydie when he is finshed and ready for delivery today.
Awesome pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Post away. We all would love to see your Spyder hatching

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the great comments, when I had arranged for being there for delivery/set up my hope was to capture some pics. Also had hopes of actually seeing how the units are shipped, and what
all was involved in the set up. There is so much miss-information I hope this clears up some of the confusion, and for the few dealers that try and rip of a customer with absurd set up time, the owner
will have a better understanding of how much time is actually involved in doing the PDI.

For anyone that has a cool dealer, and can arrange the time to be there for the PDI, I highly recommend it.
Besides the fun of being involved in opening up your new toy, you can actually learn a bit about what is under all of the plastic dressing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the great comments, when I had arranged for being there for delivery/set up my hope was to capture some pics. Also had hopes of actually seeing how the units are shipped, and what
all was involved in the set up. There is so much miss-information I hope this clears up some of the confusion, and for the few dealers that try and rip of a customer with absurd set up time, the owner
will have a better understanding of how much time is actually involved in doing the PDI.

For anyone that has a cool dealer, and can arrange the time to be there for the PDI, I highly recommend it.
Besides the fun of being involved in opening up your new toy, you can actually learn a bit about what is under all of the plastic dressing.
Great report and pictures.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts