Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRP
as the canadian dollar is stronger than the US and the spyder is built in canada
perhaps offer it cheaper in canada than in the us; t would be a first among manufacturers and great advertising
say $12999 cdn
Also as rotax is building the motor for the Buell 1125 R that produces 146 hp
consider dropping this motor in the spyder

·
Registered
28 Posts
BRP
as the canadian dollar is stronger than the US and the spyder is built in canada
perhaps offer it cheaper in canada than in the us; t would be a first among manufacturers and great advertising
say $12999 cdn
Also as rotax is building the motor for the Buell 1125 R that produces 146 hp
consider dropping this motor in the spyder
It is a good idea, however we must not forget that the $$ has not always been like this and when they were building the spyder and ordering parts from them, the can. $$ was not at par..... so to develop and build the Spyder has been in process for a long time and the US $$$ was more expensive to purchase back then.

People tend to forget that ust becasue the $$ is stronger now, allot of the purchasing to build was done way back then. I know I own a factory and is living the can $$ issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ever follow the BRP's Sea Doo line?

110hp to 130hp to 155hp to 170hp to 215hp to 255hp. That's how they keep you hooked. So they will sit on the 998cc until the next model in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
154 Posts
you lot have it good in the usa over here in aussie land the bikes go from 28999 on road for the base modle in the us i wish i could buy one form there what say 12000 for a good one thats about 14800 here in dollars as u convert us currency to aussie dollars so i no there is import fees for the dealers but cmon 28000 its a rip anyway the price of something good

·
Registered
25 Posts
how about for the RTS SE5 = (1) front floorboard with hiway pegs and altered brake lever (2) a plug conversion kit from the saddle bag to the ball on the hitch that can be wired to non BRP trailers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Other suggestions:

Make the TS indicators on the dash bigger/easier to see. Make the TS switch easier to turn off w/o putting the signal for the other direction--it's kinda touchy. How about a "lane change" mode where it flashes 3-4 times then shuts off?

OEM cupholder. I don't want to buy a new handlebar mount (e.g. Kewlmetal) or put holes in the body just to attach a cupholder.

I agree about the brake pedal and footpegs/floorboards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts