Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a delivered Spyder have the custom wheels? Have to admit that I am a wheel guy, but haven't seen these in person. Curious what people think of them

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Anyone with a delivered Spyder have the custom wheels? Have to admit that I am a wheel guy, but haven't seen these in person. Curious what people think of them
Marc,
I have them on my Spyder. I was lucky that my dealer received them with my Spyder. The finish on them is superb. I wish they had the rear to match. The Spyder looks so much hotter with them

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Marc,
I have them on my Spyder. I was lucky that my dealer received them with my Spyder. The finish on them is superb. I wish they had the rear to match. The Spyder looks so much hotter with them
If you can, post some pics please.

My dealer has a set of them for the Spyder display, thought I had taken some pics of them but it appears not.
I was a bit hesitant on ordering them without seeing them first, but know I can't wait till they are arrive. I think they are well worth the additional cost and should look great with the Yellow Spydie.

·
Registered
911 Posts
anyone that ordered the custom wheels - do you want to sell your stock wheels? we would like to have a set to play. please just let me know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Having seen both, I actually like the style of the stock wheels better. The optional ones do not match the rear wheel or the belt sprocket. Having the stock three wheels chromed would be the way to go. Or just wait a few months until some really original aftermarket wheels will become available.

Richard

·
Registered
214 Posts
I say CHROME the stock ones also. These things need some friggin chrome.
As far as salt, uh, i definintely dont plan on driving this thing when there is SALT on the road......

·
Registered
314 Posts
As far as salt, uh, i definintely dont plan on driving this thing when there is SALT on the road......
chrome the chrome
who's gonna be first to chrome all the steering rod's ,a-frames,swing arm.etc.etc......would sure like to pick up someone's stock take off rims :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Coming from the Harley scene I can appreciate chrome. I just don't think chrome fits the over all theme of the Spyder. I guess we will see how it looks once the customizing starts.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
anyone that ordered the custom wheels - do you want to sell your stock wheels? we would like to have a set to play. please just let me know.
Here is one for you. They really do look great, 6 spoke. Thing is my dealer and I where looking and the box says one kit. There is one wheel in "the kit." Hence, is it $499.99 per wheel??????

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Here is one for you. They really do look great, 6 spoke. Thing is my dealer and I where looking and the box says one kit. There is one wheel in "the kit." Hence, is it $499.99 per wheel??????
Both the Spyder web site and the accessories catalog show it as a "kit", but also states "sold in pairs". The $499 price is for the pair, and they do come packaged one to a box.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have to tell ya, I am not a chrome nut. But I had a 1989 GL1500 Goldwing with aluminum wheels and could never get them clean. I have over 92,000 miles on it and when I bought my '06 GL1800 I bought it with chrome wheels as an add on. I love them. Clean easily and they always look great. I live in Maine and cannot figure out who would be riding when salt is on the rode. Salt means snow and ice. I got my Gold Wing magazine this month and it had a picture of the Spyder and the optional wheels. Boy I think they really look ugly. My daughter ordered her Spyder with the wheel upgrade. I told her to forget the wheels and go for chroming. Of course, it will cost about $800 or more to chrome them. I actually like the look of the stock wheels. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Both the Spyder web site and the accessories catalog show it as a "kit", but also states "sold in pairs". The $499 price is for the pair, and they do come packaged one to a box.
Yes. The box with one wheel says "contains 1 kit" and they only got one wheel. We will figure it out. I really think $250 for each rim is a bargain. Still like the stock ones better and will most likely stay with them.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Yes. The box with one wheel says "contains 1 kit" and they only got one wheel. We will figure it out. I really think $250 for each rim is a bargain. Still like the stock ones better and will most likely stay with them.
When seeing the "contains 1 kit" and then opening the box and finding one wheel, figured the "kit" was in reference to needing to mount the tire.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
no, seriously, anybody selling their oem wheels??
I would sell for $375 shipped to you. That is after I look at them by the bike one more time. If i would have gotten a Silver Spyder, no question. Not sure that I like them with yellow as much. Dealer loves them and Iam going in tomorrow to decide.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts