Can Am Spyder Forum banner

Spyder Numbers

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  okverne 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Find it interesting that #584 is already at a dealer. IF they say they only made 600 and 584 are already made appears they are and have been sitting somewhere. 18 to 20 per truck, are the done delivering? 200's in Florida. 300's 400's and 500's in California. Just food for thought

See less See more
#3 ·
well now if that is the case, then those up north have a long time till ours come in regardless of what we are in our allocation line or when we ordered. I do hope that is not the case, but it may be seeing that they are making multiple deliveries to shops down south and no deliveries up north. Could all of the premier spyders be going south?

I "heard" that the first 600 were the premier editions, and the remainder of the 2500 will simply be normal spyders, in such that no serial number or "premier" will be labled. that all 2500 get the first owners group jackets, but only the first 600 are serialized as they are the "pre-production" models and starting in January, the production models will be made. any truth to this, does anybody know?

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I
Charles
Please don't get all whipped up, I am also
STRESSED out about this. How can anyone not be, I think I am handling it until someone asks where it is as I have been talking about it for nearly a year now. I think about every day. It really is the not knowing that is the biggest pain.

With that said can we have fun with the "number conspiracy theory"? :mellow:

I do recall that 2500 will have plaques and jackets. They said "The first Spyder Roadsters will be delivered to selected authorized North American dealers in the fall of 2007" Does that mean all eleven states or 2. If it took them almost 2 months to deliver 600 units, what is it going to be like when they have 1900. Maybe that is why they are getting the ones farthest away out of the way. Maybe they are saving the 100's for use northern whiners.

#11 ·
the label says that the serial number is 2bxjaua198v000409, (409)the time of shipment is 15:56 on Oct 23rd. and it arrived yesterday, which means,,,, it took 9 days to clear customs (which is set up prior and a simple exchange of paperwork and quick inspection, about 20 minutes) and then across the boarder to its destination.

with this in mind, it will take approx 1-2 days from ship date, to arrive down here in MA from BRP.
seeing that vastly different serial numbers are on the crates does say something,,,,

in thought, it means that if the dealer ordered 1 on day x, then a few days later, ordered 1 and of course a week or so later ordered another,,,,,,, that means that they are serialized to the order date against a order. hmmmmmm that would account for a dealer getting 3 spyders with a HUGE difference in s- numbers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.