Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Find it interesting that #584 is already at a dealer. IF they say they only made 600 and 584 are already made appears they are and have been sitting somewhere. 18 to 20 per truck, are the done delivering? 200's in Florida. 300's 400's and 500's in California. Just food for thought

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Find it interesting that #584 is already at a dealer. IF they say they only made 600 and 584 are already made appears they are and have been sitting somewhere. 18 to 20 per truck, are the done delivering? 200's in Florida. 300's 400's and 500's in California. Just food for thought
I was brain dead well taking pics of the off loading, didn't think to look and see what the numbers were on the 6 units still on the trailer.

·
Registered
307 Posts
well now if that is the case, then those up north have a long time till ours come in regardless of what we are in our allocation line or when we ordered. I do hope that is not the case, but it may be seeing that they are making multiple deliveries to shops down south and no deliveries up north. Could all of the premier spyders be going south?

I "heard" that the first 600 were the premier editions, and the remainder of the 2500 will simply be normal spyders, in such that no serial number or "premier" will be labled. that all 2500 get the first owners group jackets, but only the first 600 are serialized as they are the "pre-production" models and starting in January, the production models will be made. any truth to this, does anybody know?

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
I
well now if that is the case, then those up north have a long time till ours come in regardless of what we are in our allocation line or when we ordered. I do hope that is not the case, but it may be seeing that they are making multiple deliveries to shops down south and no deliveries up north. Could all of the premier spyders be going south?

I "heard" that the first 600 were the premier editions, and the remainder of the 2500 will simply be normal spyders, in such that no serial number or "premier" will be labled. that all 2500 get the first owners group jackets, but only the first 600 are serialized as they are the "pre-production" models and starting in January, the production models will be made. any truth to this, does anybody know?
Charles
Please don't get all whipped up, I am also
STRESSED out about this. How can anyone not be, I think I am handling it until someone asks where it is as I have been talking about it for nearly a year now. I think about every day. It really is the not knowing that is the biggest pain.

With that said can we have fun with the "number conspiracy theory"? :mellow:

I do recall that 2500 will have plaques and jackets. They said "The first Spyder Roadsters will be delivered to selected authorized North American dealers in the fall of 2007" Does that mean all eleven states or 2. If it took them almost 2 months to deliver 600 units, what is it going to be like when they have 1900. Maybe that is why they are getting the ones farthest away out of the way. Maybe they are saving the 100's for use northern whiners.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I
Charles
Please don't get all whipped up, I am also
STRESSED out about this. How can anyone not be, I think I am handling it until someone asks where it is as I have been talking about it for nearly a year now. I think about every day. It really is the not knowing that is the biggest pain.
With that said can we have fun with the "number conspiracy theory"? :mellow:

I do recall that 2500 will have plaques and jackets. They said "The first Spyder Roadsters will be delivered to selected authorized North American dealers in the fall of 2007" Does that mean all eleven states or 2. If it took them almost 2 months to deliver 600 units, what is it going to be like when they have 1900. Maybe that is why they are getting the ones farthest away out of the way. Maybe they are saving the 100's for use northern whiners.
Conspiracy theory???????? ALLLL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now we are talkin!!!!!!! "the truth is out there" agent Moulder

my "contact" tells me that she sees a truck full of spyders leave the mfg docks about every 2 days. like they ship out a load, package up the next do paperwork, and then ship them. and YES she CAN see them leave!! I told her to run over and "bribe" a driver with what ever means she can. She tells me they go out, park out front before leaving,,, I may have her go over and talk to the driver to see where they are going and maybe if she can see, grab some serial numbers off the boxes if posted on them.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Conspiracy theory???????? ALLLL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now we are talkin!!!!!!! "the truth is out there" agent Moulder

my "contact" tells me that she sees a truck full of spyders leave the mfg docks about every 2 days. like they ship out a load, package up the next do paperwork, and then ship them. and YES she CAN see them leave!! I told her to run over and "bribe" a driver with what ever means she can. She tells me they go out, park out front before leaving,,, I may have her go over and talk to the driver to see where they are going and maybe if she can see, grab some serial numbers off the boxes if posted on them.
Specail agent Tharken has exposed the secrect serial number codes on the outside of the Spyder Egg. The non sequentail seemingly random allocations is very confusing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now we're gettin somewhere!!!
Charles I'm in on what ever we need for the bribe.
I need to take at least one ride on this thing before I install the GO-GO Gadget skis & Track
Does anybody know if Cycle Country makes a plow for the Spyder?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Specail agent Tharken has exposed the the secrect serial number codes on the outside of the Spyder Egg. The non sequentail seemingly random allocations is very confusing.
hmmm,,, Ill have to e-in to the back of NASA and tap thier quantum computer (we know them as apple IIe) to decode them. Time to contact my FL NASA double secret contact,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
oh man, I'm waiting for those satellite pics of the trucks leaving Valcourt

·
Registered
307 Posts
the label says that the serial number is 2bxjaua198v000409, (409)the time of shipment is 15:56 on Oct 23rd. and it arrived yesterday, which means,,,, it took 9 days to clear customs (which is set up prior and a simple exchange of paperwork and quick inspection, about 20 minutes) and then across the boarder to its destination.

with this in mind, it will take approx 1-2 days from ship date, to arrive down here in MA from BRP.
seeing that vastly different serial numbers are on the crates does say something,,,,

in thought, it means that if the dealer ordered 1 on day x, then a few days later, ordered 1 and of course a week or so later ordered another,,,,,,, that means that they are serialized to the order date against a order. hmmmmmm that would account for a dealer getting 3 spyders with a HUGE difference in s- numbers,

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the label says that the serial number is 2bxjaua198v000409, (409)the time of shipment is 15:56 on Oct 23rd. and it arrived yesterday, which means,,,, it took 9 days to clear customs (which is set up prior and a simple exchange of paperwork and quick inspection, about 20 minutes) and then across the boarder to its destination.

with this in mind, it will take approx 1-2 days from ship date, to arrive down here in MA from BRP.
seeing that vastly different serial numbers are on the crates does say something,,,,

in thought, it means that if the dealer ordered 1 on day x, then a few days later, ordered 1 and of course a week or so later ordered another,,,,,,, that means that they are serialized to the order date against a order. hmmmmmm that would account for a dealer getting 3 spyders with a HUGE difference in s- numbers,
That is a good hypothesis and things were looking that direction and theory, but that darn #211 ordered in April, what about that agent Charles? Did the dealer order just to insure he would get some betting on a sale
:TgC_emoticon142

·
Registered
307 Posts
That is a good hypothesis and things were looking that direction and theory, but that darn #211 ordered in April, what about that agent Charles? Did the dealer order just to insure he would get some betting on a sale
:TgC_emoticon142
I know a dealer up here that did that, He ordered 2 up front under fictious names and filled in the blanks later so he would get 2 of the first, he ended up selling those plus a few more. the 2 he ordered were back out during the "release" of the product. I gave him a call though, and he has not heard anything on the stats of shipment yet.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
That is not correct. The Premier Edition Spyder will be manufactured up to 2,500 units.

There is no such thing as a "pre production" model. All 2,500 Premier Edition Spyders are 2008 models and all will get the plaque...and the jacket for the owner.

·
Registered
214 Posts
and no matter how many a dealer ordered, whether legitimate or fictitious the names are, they'll only get 3 right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts