Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, but they quoted me $1400 and that is a little steep,at that price I will have to just sit on it in my garage!!!!
With a name like Marc you must be French Canadian.You don't happen to work for BRP,do you?If I can't get better insurance I will just put training wheels on my motorcycle.....
i got a quote of $269 per year- full cov, $500 deductable

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whats the name of the company.I wonder if they will insure in Canada??
im on a quad trip rite now in wv, i dont have all the info with me ,but i can give u thire #,i have stored on my cell. i think thire name is Fisher ins in Wi, the # is; 480-778-2078. i got the quote last week and he was very exited about the spyder ! he was going to look into posting something here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im on a quad trip rite now in wv, i dont have all the info with me ,but i can give u thire #,i have stored on my cell. i think thire name is Fisher ins in Wi, the # is; 480-778-2078. i got the quote last week and he was very exited about the spyder ! he was going to look into posting something here.
Thanks for the info,I will give them a try..Have a good ride..........

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Spyderman2!

I am also Canadian... Here is my experience:

Believersplus gave me a high rate as well (they are a recreational insurer breaking into the market for 'bikes'). I was not sure I got a good vibe off them.

State Farm says that they will ensure the Spyder, but they will not only insure your Spyder (ie, you need to have a car or home listed with them as well). They were not cheap but were using motorcycle sport bikes (with comparable cc's) to determine my rate. (Believers plus was doing this when I talked to them too). That does not seem quite right to me.

Last check (some time ago) Primmum had not yet done the underwriting for the Spyder... They were unsure if they would get to that come spring.

I called RidersPlus (http://www.ridersplus.com/home.html ) and they did not have quotes avail for the Spyder in September, but were expecting to have them come spring. I did a comparison quote for my bike, and their offer was much, much cheaper then I am currently paying. Seems they only insure bikes, and their goal is to make it an affordable sport. Let's hope they insure the Spyder!

All of them tell me quotes will start getting more realistic when we have VINS to share with them. Until they can actually make money off us, it seems we are low priority.

Let us know if you find any bargins!

Cheers!
adree

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Spyderman2!

Believersplus gave me a high rate as well (they are a recreational insurer breaking into the market for 'bikes'). I was not sure I got a good vibe off them.

State Farm says that they will ensure the Spyder, but they will not only insure your Spyder (ie, you need to have a car or home listed with them as well). They were not cheap but were using motorcycle sport bikes (with comparable cc's) to determine my rate. (Believers plus was doing this when I talked to them too). That does not seem quite right to me.

Last check (some time ago) Primmum had not yet done the underwriting for the Spyder... They were unsure if they would get to that come spring.

I called RidersPlus (http://www.ridersplus.com/home.html ) and they did not have quotes avail for the Spyder in September, but were expecting to have them come spring. I did a comparison quote for my bike, and their offer was much, much cheaper then I am currently paying. Seems they only insure bikes, and their goal is to make it an affordable sport. Let's hope they insure the Spyder!

All of them tell me quotes will start getting more realistic when we have VINS to share with them. Until they can actually make money off us, it seems we are low priority.

Cheers!
adree
Thanks for getting back to me,I am with Primmum now and got the same answer as you,I hope the insurance co's smarten up and give us a realistic quote..If I get anything info I will let you know....

Later

Darren

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Spyderman2!

Cheers!
adree
State Farm gave me the same treatment. The ESC system didn't mean anything to them only "ccs", but they took it into consideration for my new car purchase.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got quoted $760 a year last night by Progressive. Thats more than the total amount for my 2006 M109 and 2005 Honda Rune with extra chrome coverage. She said it might be cheaper when I have the Vin# but I will definately shop that price.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
I got quoted $760 a year last night by Progressive. Thats more than the total amount for my 2006 M109 and 2005 Honda Rune with extra chrome coverage. She said it might be cheaper when I have the Vin# but I will definately shop that price.
Interesting as progressive quoted me 2 days ago a price of $358 to add the bike to my current account for my harley with a 100k / 100k/ 50k and a $250 deductable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts