Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night in our weekly Chat I mentioned some news about riding in the rain that I thought everyone would be interested in.

When we picked up our two Spyders for our day long test ride last week, we had a chance to talk with Gary Johnson of Filer's Powersports. Gary has logged hundreds of miles on the Spyder in varying conditions. He told us that he has ridden the Spyder in rain on the expressway at 70+MPH with no problems. He stayed mainly dry, only getting wet on his right foot because of positioning. He said the Spyder was extremely stable in the rain and he had no reservations driving with traffic at expressway speeds.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sorry I missed the Chat last night (once again!!). Just thought I would add to your post about the Spyder in the rain. When I did my initial test ride in Richmond, VA, it was raining (a light rain but steady - roads were wet). Although we had to follow the Dealers rep, we were strung out quite a distance due to some of the other demo riders hesitancy of riding in the rain. This was not at Interstate speeds but I did hit speeds up to 55mph. I was amazed at the Spyder's handling on the wet roads. I "slammed" it into corners and it never broke loose - I could feel the electronics kicking in, however. It didn't appear to me that cornering on wet roads was any less than on dry pavement!! It was fairly easy to break the rear tire loose starting off but as soon as I turned the handlebars, the electronics kicked in and stopped the tire spin. This machine will give me a lot more confidence riding in the rain and/or on wet pavement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did my first test ride in the rain and agree - it all felt very stable and safe despite the wet roads.

Think they're as good in the snow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts