Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spydermot
106 Posts
Good morning to all,

Finally test rides has arrived in Spain, where I placed an order myself. We were given to sign a contract where by placing your order now, your spyder would be delievered maximum 1 May 2008 or latest 1 August where if not delivered by August 2008 our deposit of 1000 Euros would be returned. Seems that only very few units will reach Spain (in my case).

Furthermore, first units will be delivered with some short of plate with printed number (VIN???????????)

Well, now we have to wait until next year...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Furthermore, first units will be delivered with some short of plate with printed number (VIN???????????)
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. It's unique to each vehicle. The idea is the first Spyder owners will receive a plaque listing the VIN and some such statement indicating that your one of the first owners.
Your kinda lost me there with the delivery date info. Just when are you expecting to see them arrive in Spain?

·
Spydermot
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems if everything goes ok, could arrive late february, but Cam-am issues the contract that delivery will be 1st May 2007, I guess to cover themselves...

And... where is the point of having you VIN in a plate??????

I guess would be much better a simple T-Shirt...

Well, I placed my order on a yellow one...

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can hang the plate on your wall and spit on it or throw darts at it if the first run of Spyders have problems or recalls ! LOL. Didn't they offer you a free Spyder jacket like they did for USA customers ?

·
Spydermot
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mentioned anything about a jacket, but to be honest, a jacket is not the coolest present you could get after spending 18.000 Euros. This is the price of a new medium car, and when you buy a new car in Spain, you get an stereo, an option on the car for free... In my last car, I got for free the metallic paint (worth 500 Euros). Although the dealers do know all tricks, and they get the credit of giving you a present when you are paying for it in the first place...

What I am triying to say, is: that instead of a jacket which most probably you will not wear as most probably you have a jacket already for ridding they should have thought of something more practical, like first service free?

BRP jacket probably was made in China costing USD 5 to the company, so where is the point...?

In my case, the jacket will end up in the closet and in 2 years time in the garbage...

We need more practical gifts...

·
Registered
352 Posts
The jacket is made in Vietnam !! I'd probably prefer it made in China. I take a large in most items of clothing so I ordered the jacket in large. WOW, it's big enough to fit King Kong ! Feels more like an XX Large.

the "numbered plaque" will come attached to the handlebars on the Spyder. I'd rather have it to habg on a wall than cluttering up the trike.

Richard

·
Registered
169 Posts
SPYDER_J.jpg
The jacket is made in Vietnam !! I'd probably prefer it made in China. I take a large in most items of clothing so I ordered the jacket in large. WOW, it's big enough to fit King Kong ! Feels more like an XX Large.

the "numbered plaque" will come attached to the handlebars on the Spyder. I'd rather have it to habg on a wall than cluttering up the trike.
Richard
From BRP,
This Limited Edition Spyder will ensure your legacy in the exclusive First Owner's Group. But only if you order your Can-Am Spyder prior to September 15th! We'll help commemorate this special occasion by giving you a Can-Am Spyder First Owners Group jacket and a numbered, First-build plaque on the handle bar. Talk about a collector's package!

NEXUS

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
i guess im just happy to get stuff. Ive spent way more money on lots of stuff and not gotten ANY gifts.... guess im not a whiner...

·
Spydermot
106 Posts
Well, I had my second test ride yesterday which was more fun and more generous that the one given by BRP on the product launch day.

It was just amaizing and the handling and performance was great.

Seems that perhaps, first units will be deleivered in February although contract signed states 1st March (we will see...).

·
Registered
6 Posts

Richard
Same with me as for size. Ordered an Xlarge and I can swim in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good morning to all,

Finally test rides has arrived in Spain, where I placed an order myself. We were given to sign a contract where by placing your order now, your spyder would be delievered maximum 1 May 2008 or latest 1 August where if not delivered by August 2008 our deposit of 1000 Euros would be returned. Seems that only very few units will reach Spain (in my case).

Well, now we have to wait until next year...
Hi all,

I'm French and from here, the demo tour also started from middle of July (first delivevies are currently planned for next spring). I'm already registered to do a test on the 21/09 and as all of you, I'm really impatient to
one

Ps: For the jacket, I will ask my dealer and will keep you posted gringobull ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts