Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yup I ordered yellow too, the idea was it's easier to see....more people-drivers may see me and avoid hitting me then a silver/black combo. Who knows??

Also figure that I'll probably get mine next spring...that way I won't get any hopes up for a fall ride.
Teach

·
Registered
307 Posts
I ordered either lol lol, It was put to me simple. they will make 600 spyders, x amount in one color, and x in another. Then they will look at dealer lists and start allocating, starting with order time in and then color. When they come to my dealer and say "hmmm we have x amount of yellow and only a few silver, and we have hard orders for silver, and the order says "any" for the color,, well they will ship out yellow and visa versa.

bottom line though, I dont want to have to wait because they dont have enough of the color I ordered left when they get to me so I have to wait for the next batch. So ship me what you have, If I get Yellow BONUS!!!!!! if I get silver,,, It will be painted metalic candy apple red,,,, yes, with a black webbing custom painted on the front cover hehehehe

you all were aware of this right???? they are making x amount of each color, THEN taking your already filled paper work and matching it to a spyder of that color. here is a perfect example:

400 yellow 200 silver. built, painted ready to ship. they take the paperwork, look at it,,,, and find out they have 450 yellow ordered, 400 will get yellow,,, 50 will wait for the next shipment. If Im in that group of 50, they can turn and say wait, here is an "any" pack that silver one on up and ship it!!!

now you all knew this,,,,,,, right,,,,,

·
Registered
314 Posts
i ordered the silver did,nt think it was right to charge more for yellow......not sure about that 600 number
heavy rumor is 2500 and yellow kinda tonka toy look to ME.no offense

·
Registered
24 Posts

I liked both colors however the wife liked the Yellow better. Guess what color we ordered? :rolleyes: Your right the Yellow!! I wish they would have offered it in Red.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered silver at first until I saw them both next to each other, and I just couldn't take my eyes off of the yellow one. So I'm getting a yellow one now. I also like that yellow is extemely visible! I also have all silver cars so I think yellow would be a nice change!

·
Registered
708 Posts
i ordered the silver did,nt think it was right to charge more for yellow......not sure about that 600 number
heavy rumor is 2500 and yellow kinda tonka toy look to ME.no offense

I've heard the rumor that the Yellow would be a bit more $$$ . My dealer didn't know anything about a price difference based on color selection. Their price is a flat $14,999.00, either color and still is.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've heard the rumor that the Yellow would be a bit more $$$ . My dealer didn't know anything about a price difference based on color selection. Their price is a flat $14,999.00, either color and still is.
I believe it is $350 more for the yellow where it is a metalic paint.

·
The Rain Rider
436 Posts
I ordered a yellow one for high-visability.
The U.S. Army used the same black-yellow paint scheme on there NHRA pro stock bikes.
http://www.goarmy.com/racing/nhra_pro_stock_bikes.jsp
I did see another U.S. Army streetbike with a closer paint scheme than the pro stock bikes.
Will the yellow Spyders arriving around the Army communities get more attention Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My husband ordered yellow and I ordered silver. I would have really liked to have seen it in red though. I wonder how much for a paint job?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just wish the Yellow was more like the Velocity Yellow on the Corvette. Much brighter than the Milennium yellow which by the way is the same name used for that dull corvette color before the Velocity was introduced mid-year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts