Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get information on service requirements for the Spyder. I live in Pittsburgh so my nearest dealer is Buck's in Akron, NY, where I've placed my order for Feb/Mar delivery. I notice there is a dealer in western NJ which may be about the same distance.

I have always done my own service work on my bikes - Moto Guzzis, BMWs, Nortons, Triumphs, etc. I have a Handy lift (not sure how the Spyder will fit on but I will figure something out! Complete workshop with air compressor, TIG welding, band saw and other metal working equip.

Present rides are Triumph Sprint 955 and Kaw KLR. I have done all valve checks and adjustments and all of the routine work, including adding various electrical accessories.

I will be quite inconvenient to be taking my Spyder back to Buffalo NY for any basic work. Has anyone seen service information? What will be available in the way of shop manual, on-line info, etc.

Anyone else in western PA, eastern OH, WV getting one of these Spyders?

Stuart Ostroff - waiting patiently. www.stuartostroff.com

·
Registered
708 Posts
Stuart,
You're best bet would be to contact several of the "Current" Spyder dealers and find out what they have available to the public. I've been able to order every shop manual available for my Outlander 800. As long as you can provide a part #, you should be able to aquire all the info you need.
Marc

·
Rokonman #2018
142 Posts
I'd like to get information on service requirements for the Spyder. I live in Pittsburgh so my nearest dealer is Buck's in Akron, NY, where I've placed my order for Feb/Mar delivery. I notice there is a dealer in western NJ which may be about the same distance.

I have always done my own service work on my bikes - Moto Guzzis, BMWs, Nortons, Triumphs, etc. I have a Handy lift (not sure how the Spyder will fit on but I will figure something out! Complete workshop with air compressor, TIG welding, band saw and other metal working equip.

Present rides are Triumph Sprint 955 and Kaw KLR. I have done all valve checks and adjustments and all of the routine work, including adding various electrical accessories.

I will be quite inconvenient to be taking my Spyder back to Buffalo NY for any basic work. Has anyone seen service information? What will be available in the way of shop manual, on-line info, etc.

Anyone else in western PA, eastern OH, WV getting one of these Spyders?

Stuart Ostroff - waiting patiently. www.stuartostroff.com
I'm also in Pittsburgh. I ordered from Pioneer Powersports in Chaffee, NY I'm betting on a dealer being added in Pittsburgh before I have any issues. Chaffee, NY lacation is " on the way" to our cabin in the Adirondaks so I went with Western NY. Seems like these two locations are close, but dealer comitted to staying open on Saturday for service when I needed it.
There's a fella that bought two Syyders from Pioneer and lives in Butler, PA

·
Registered
214 Posts
There's another dealer calle d Ken's Service and Skidoo in Elma, NY that is closer to pittsburgh than akron. Theyve sold 30 spyders so far! in Buffalo! Very cool, said that there will be service books available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts