Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides all the SC sensors, has anyone heard about all the other sensors for rider and passenger? There is supposed to be a load sensor that detects a passenger and adjust the ride. There is also a rider style sensor that remembers your riding style and adjust the roadster accordingly.

·
Registered
314 Posts
first i've heard of that.. haven't seen anything at all about it here or spyder site ...seems that for that to happen you would have to have electric or air shocks. hooked up . all the shocks show only mechanical
adjust with hand tool which is included with spyder....already has enough
sensors....hahah interesting thought ,let us know if you find any info ..

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first i've heard of that.. haven't seen anything at all about it here or spyder site ...seems that for that to happen you would have to have electric or air shocks. hooked up . all the shocks show only mechanical
adjust with hand tool which is included with spyder....already has enough
sensors....hahah interesting thought ,let us know if you find any info ..
I thought for sure I read about a dip switch in the seat for cutting the engine. I think what the other sensor is acting on is the VSS and braking.

·
Registered
314 Posts
1 Control main relays
ECM control
Pillion rider switch (PRS)
Vehicle control module (VCM)
Steering angle sensor (SAS)
Yaw rate sensor (YRS)

this is from owners guide...pillion rider switch (PRS) maybe what you saw??? but i have no idea what the heck it's for or what it does,or where its at.........??

so maybe a switch to detect a rear rider for?wont start with out rider,to change braking or traction ,etc,

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
pil·lion /ˈpɪlyən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pil-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun 1. a pad or cushion attached behind a saddle, esp. as a seat for a woman.
2. a pad, cushion, saddle, or the like, used as a passenger seat on a bicycle, motor scooter, etc.
3. a passenger's saddle or seat behind the driver's seat on a motorcycle.

any one know ???????????????

·
Registered
45 Posts
The pillion rider switch (PRS) is exactly that, a switch that is triggered by approximatley 40 pounds of pressure on the rear seat. The official BRP verbage is as follows.

"The center of gravity and weight is much different with a passenger so the VCM will make changes to the Vehicle Stability System characteristics based on the addition of a rider"

Here are the official BRP sensor abbreviations;
VCM = vehicle control module
VSS1 = wheel speed sensor left front wheel
VSS2 = " " " right front wheel
VSS3/4 = " " ' rear wheel top and bottom
SAS = steering angle sensor
YRS = yaw rate sensor
PRS = pillion rider switch
BLS = brake light switch
LPS = low pressure switch (brake system)
OLS1/2 = oil level switch in each half of dual reservoir

Not to mention the;
EBD = electronic brake distribution
TCS = traction control system
SCS = stability control system

there's more too but my fingers hurt!

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
The pillion rider switch (PRS) is exactly that, a switch that is triggered by approximatley 40 pounds of pressure on the rear seat. The official BRP verbage is as follows.

"The center of gravity and weight is much different with a passenger so the VCM will make changes to the Vehicle Stability System characteristics based on the addition of a rider"

Here are the official BRP sensor abbreviations;
VCM = vehicle control module
VSS1 = wheel speed sensor left front wheel
VSS2 = " " " right front wheel
VSS3/4 = " " ' rear wheel top and bottom
SAS = steering angle sensor
YRS = yaw rate sensor
PRS = pillion rider switch
BLS = brake light switch
LPS = low pressure switch (brake system)
OLS1/2 = oil level switch in each half of dual reservoir

Not to mention the;
EBD = electronic brake distribution
TCS = traction control system
SCS = stability control system

there's more too but my fingers hurt!
dang - hard to believe that all that is on this bike, I just ride it - my dealer takes care of everything else.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is also a fat azz sensor so if you pick up that fat broad at the local watering hole, your headlights will shine higher than normal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts