1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three-wheeled motorcycles selling out quickly

Powersports Business
Tuesday June 12, 2007

The squeeze of higher gasoline prices coupled with novelty are sparking sales of Bombardier Recreational Products' three-wheeled motorcycle in the earliest stages of its U.S. debut.

Wisconsin dealer the Engelhart Center has sold its entire allocation of 18 Can Am Spyder roadsters and has already taken deposits from another 60 buyers for 2008.

The Spyder is being rolled out initially in 12 states based on motorcycle sales, including Wisconsin. There are six other Spyder dealers in the state.

The Spyder retails for $15,700 and a $1,000 deposit will hold one for next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Three-wheeled motorcycles selling out quickly

Powersports Business
Tuesday June 12, 2007

The squeeze of higher gasoline prices coupled with novelty are sparking sales of Bombardier Recreational Products' three-wheeled motorcycle in the earliest stages of its U.S. debut.

Wisconsin dealer the Engelhart Center has sold its entire allocation of 18 Can Am Spyder roadsters and has already taken deposits from another 60 buyers for 2008.

The Spyder is being rolled out initially in 12 states based on motorcycle sales, including Wisconsin. There are six other Spyder dealers in the state.

The Spyder retails for $15,700 and a $1,000 deposit will hold one for next year.
man that's crazy. just think what the figure would be if all the 50 states and 10 provinces along with europe would be. Do you think BRP can make enough of them?

My dealer is also taking deposits (a lot of them) makes me wonder if they are gonna be able to supply the demand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put my money down last week, and at that time, my dealer had taken deposits on 28 machines (mine was the 29th). They assured me delivery was still targeted for the March timeframe, but said that they were selling fast and that the European release may be pushed back in order to accomodate the demand in North America.

Let's hope they find a way to accomodate us all quickly!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Let's hope they find a way to accomodate us all quickly!!!
It's called "Over Time" and lots of it. The Dealer in VA. has also sold his allotment of 12 I believe and taken an additional 40 deposits as of last week. I think BRP, is holding off on making them available nation wide to see how well they sell over the long run. Once the initial rush of interest has past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts