Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Just got a DVD for the '08 REVXP same gauge panel as the Spyder, even kinda looks like it.
Here is the XP gauge cluster from our DooTalk.com new model preview last Winter and the Spyder gauge cluster from our Spyder review for comparison.

Attachments

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the XP gauge cluster from our DooTalk.com new model preview last Winter and the Spyder gauge cluster from our Spyder review for comparison.
There will be some changes from the prototypes. One for sure is the pull out safety card above the M and S buttons on top.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I read about the card in the owners manual. Perhaps the legal deparment at BRP had something to do with adding a card right above the gauge cluster that describes the safe operation of the Spyder. This is the card that you need to press the "M" button to acknowledge when you start Spyder sometimes.

Definitely very similar gauges shared by the XP and the Spyder. Some people might say it's about time BRP had a nice gauge to go with their machines.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read about the card in the owners manual. Perhaps the legal deparment at BRP had something to do with adding a card right above the gauge cluster that describes the safe operation of the Spyder. This is the card that you need to press the "M" button to acknowledge when you start Spyder sometimes.

Definitely very similar gauges shared by the XP and the Spyder. Some people might say it's about time BRP had a nice gauge to go with their machines.
Sounds like it will not start until you press the "M" acknowledging you read the card. I found the headlight over ride button thoughtful and don't remeber that on the prototype.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Am I the only one that wishes the tach went in the traditional direction? Opposing gauges seems like it will be annoying and possibly confusing.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am I the only one that wishes the tach went in the traditional direction? Opposing gauges seems like it will be annoying and possibly confusing.
I agree, to busy like that. I suppose I will find a comfort zone with the digital read out and or the needle. i think the digiatl acna be set to read tach or mph.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I found that when riding I focused more on the right side of the gauge. Looked at the RPM on the analog part and caught update of the speed with the digital. I think that after riding for some time I will start to know from the sound of the engine when to shift and only need to focus on the digital display (mainly speed). I bought new Icon riding boots a month ago and they were still fairly stiff for the last set of rides, so I found myself looking at the digital display to make sure I was in the right gear because my toe kept bumping the shifter.

The part of the Spyder gauge that scrolls temperature and warnings displays altitude on the XP displays. The XP gauge has an add on that will also add a 10 minute record capability that when played back will show what speed you were at and the RPM in real time as you rode. The add on also gives you engine temp and compass. Spyder already has the engine temp but the other 2 features be kinda cool!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I found that when riding I focused more on the right side of the gauge. Looked at the RPM on the analog part and caught update of the speed with the digital. I think that after riding for some time I will start to know from the sound of the engine when to shift and only need to focus on the digital display (mainly speed). I bought new Icon riding boots a month ago and they were still fairly stiff for the last set of rides, so I found myself looking at the digital display to make sure I was in the right gear because my toe kept bumping the shifter.

The part of the Spyder gauge that scrolls temperature and warnings displays altitude on the XP displays. The XP gauge has an add on that will also add a 10 minute record capability that when played back will show what speed you were at and the RPM in real time as you rode. The add on also gives you engine temp and compass. Spyder already has the engine temp but the other 2 features be kinda cool!
Guys Guys Guys,,,, come on,,, your killing me,,,, gauges????? please,,,,, who on earth would ever look down when riding one of these,,,,, forget gauges and rear view mirrors,,,,, look up, and throttle IT!!!! besides, if the police REALY want you to stop, they will pull up beside you,,, again, no need for mirrors LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
649 Posts

I found out you don't have to press that dumb &#@ "M" button on the dash every time you want to start up the spyder. There is another button on the left hand switch box in the front of it. The button also switches your trip meters, mileage, and MPH to KPH. In case nobody knew.....

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I found out you don't have to press that dumb ass "M" button on the dash every time you want to start up the spyder. There is another button on the left hand switch box in the front of it. The button also switches your trip meters, mileage, and MPH to KPH. In case nobody knew.....
This is a good reminder for those that may not know. It's very handy to just pull the button behind the left grip instead of reaching for the M button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts