Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a letter from BRP today. Basically it said Im awsome for buying a Spyder and there would be a jacket at my dealership to celebrate. Anyone else get that pleasant surprise today? Cant wait for the test ride in 10 days!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I received a letter from BRP today. Basically it said Im awsome for buying a Spyder and there would be a jacket at my dealership to celebrate. Anyone else get that pleasant surprise today? Cant wait for the test ride in 10 days!
I was told I would get a jacket the day I placed the order. But is it a motorcycle jacket?

·
ReTARRED
407 Posts
The dealer I m going thru said the jackets will come in with the machine. I did get a letter with an authorization number a week after I put the money down and it stated that I wouild be receiving a jacket.

I hope to be receiveing the same letter as you soon.

The test ride will be a blast. I had massive fun a few weeks ago in Green Bay,WI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can-Am Spyder jackets are in for first-time buyers who bought before May 16th. We contacted
all of buyers or shipped out to the ones who live out of state.
Both dealers I spoke with today hadn't received them yet. It might be that they are all the way out here on the west coast.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I rode the spyder this past monday.....It was awesome. Very responsive and comfortable. I rode it for like 30 minutes through city and country roads....it will sqeel the tires too. And it goes to 70 quickly. I can't wait for september to get mine!

I also got my free jacket for my spring order, nice jacket!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The jacket is pretty sweet. It has a patch on the left side that says "First Buyers Group". Only 4 more sleeps until I get to ride it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i wish i would hear something from brp has been 5 weeks since placing deposit.nothing from brp or dealer..does any one have a email for brp ???have tried phone #'s but they dont seem to know any more than me.how long after deposit did you hear from brp.? i have my certificate/worksheet.. but how would you know that your order was placed... any info about when jacket will be sent or picked up with bike?

we all should be able to speak with someone other than some phone operator,s that honestly i have found i seem to know more than some that i spoke too.
WE ALL SHOULD RISE UP AND DEMAND A PHONE# OR SOME SITE OR ON THIS FORUM . WHERE A BRP REPESENETIVE (WITH KNOWLEDGE OF SPYDER) COULD BE CONTACTED BY ANY ONE THAT HAS OBLIGATED THEMSELF"S TO SPEND $ 15000 +++
sorry about hollering but i think most knows why

·
Registered
708 Posts
You should receive a letter from BRP, stating that your jacket is on the way. When, or who generates these letters is anyones guess. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your's will arrive as have some others have already.
On a personal note, may I suggest that you try to calm down just a bit ??? Becoming so worked up won't help resolve the issues you have. It will only serve to add stress.
We're all anxious to get our hands on this very cool machine. Unfortunately....we're also at the mercy of BRP.
No one can commit to a delivery date either because they honestly don't know or were so instructed. If an exact date for delivery were in fact available, it would be common knowledge. Set your sights on early to mid Oct. as a delivery time frame. In the end, all we can do is wait. They will arrive before ya know it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i wish i would hear something from brp has been 5 weeks since placing deposit.nothing from brp or dealer..does any one have a email for brp ???have tried phone #'s but they dont seem to know any more than me.how long after deposit did you hear from brp.? i have my certificate/worksheet.. but how would you know that your order was placed... any info about when jacket will be sent or picked up with bike?

we all should be able to speak with someone other than some phone operator,s that honestly i have found i seem to know more than some that i spoke too.
WE ALL SHOULD RISE UP AND DEMAND A PHONE# OR SOME SITE OR ON THIS FORUM . WHERE A BRP REPESENETIVE (WITH KNOWLEDGE OF SPYDER) COULD BE CONTACTED BY ANY ONE THAT HAS OBLIGATED THEMSELF"S TO SPEND $ 15000 +++
sorry about hollering but i think most knows why
phil209,
Here is a number you can vent you fustration with.
call 1-888-864-2002 to speak with a BRP representative.

NEXUS

·
ReTARRED
407 Posts
Phil:

First off,you should receive a confirmation letter like this one:

It took me about a month,maybe 6 weeks to get it.Note the large delivery date window.

Your dealer must register your down payment with Can Am before you receive this letter. If your dealer just sits on the money and doesnt send it in...who knows??

Around a month after I recieved that one,I recieved another congratulating me on the future purchase of a Spyder and that the jacket was on its way to the dealer. I called the dealer and he said the jackets came in a few days before and shipped it to me the same day.

I called the toll free number and was give some very vague info from some woman. I dont think Can-Am wants to commit to any time table on deliveries other than the one stated in the letter I posted. Prbably because of revisions to the trike that are in the works,which will take some time to iron out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you only placed your deposit 5 weeks ago I doubt if you will even be close to getting one of the first 600 due for fall delivery. I'd be looking at sometime after the first of the year....probably closer to next spring.
No need to get so excited. You have a long wait ahead !

Richard

One other thing.....it would be best to try to stay on good terms with your dealer because the allocation of Spyders received is totally up to them. Even those who put in an early deposit can easily be bumped to the back of the pack when the units start to arrive. Repeat customers and those who don't come across as "pains in the arse" will be getting their Spyder before a lot of others.

Richard

·
Registered
214 Posts
how do you hand over a deposit on a bike and not be able to getahold of your dealer? do they not answer the phone? Are the doors locked? I cant imagine not getting ahold of my dealer. i call them and ask dumb questions all the time. same as my car dealer.... I have now put about 300 miles on demo units my dealer had. They even let me take it home overnite a few times!! I guess im lucky to have a good rappor with my dealership.

·
Registered
314 Posts
received my letter today 8-1-08 put deposit down in june!!!

letter says :your spyder special Edition Jacket is on its way !!
brp wants to think you for being ONE of our first spyder roadster buyers
blah blah etc
your jacket wiil be at your dealer by the end of august
blah blah etc
your jacket is something only that only a few spyder riders will have so wear it
proudly,this jacket tells everyone that you are one of the original spyder owners...........................

so i dont know why everybody is saying only those with deposit before may will receive a first
owners jacket
maybe because i live in central california where the sun always shines
(mostly) it would make sense to ship to states where the spyder would be spotted on the road sooner
than other states better for advertisment (sorry east coast) Just kidding.. no hate mail !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The jackets are for the customers buying the first 2500. You should still feel special that you bought a Spyder! I feel like a million bucks when Im wearing my Spyder jacket!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts