Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dinged my rim on my Renegade, so I ordered a new one , even though I have two other sets of tires and rime here mounted off our Outys we just did not like the way the black stock Outy XT rims looked on the Renegade.

SO while I was waiting for my rim to come in I did some on line price shopping at some of our Can-amtalk.com sponsors, the rim retail $ 106.00 US $ , so I figured Canadian about $120.00 or so.

Not even close, the rim price here in Canada $160.00 ish ( bill is in truck out side) even the dealer cost, according to dealer is MORE then the US retail price.

I also needed a new throttle assembley for the Outy, retail US, $ 94.00 ( I think ) for mine in Canadian $140.00 ish ( again bill is in truck ).
Total over $360.00 Canadian for both parts.

There is no reason why the prices should be so drastically differant, the dollar is even at 95 cents , makes no sense to me.

Sorry Canadian dealers, but I know where I will be shopping for ALL my parts from now on.

AND I AM CANADIAN so this bites

Wolf

·
Registered
95 Posts
best part is its a canadian made product and its cheaper across the border, makes real good sense!

It's like this on almost all products too. We just bought a dodge Diesel down there for nearly half what it is here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
None of it makes sense. Even the price of the quads when being made in Canada were $3000 cheaper in the States !!!!!!!!!!! for the same bike at a very close dollar. Parts all came from the same place.
Then BRP puts out this memo to all the dealers in the States that they are not allowed to sell to a Canadian address and that Canadian dealers are not allowed to warrenty the quads that do come across the border? What's with that.
The only price difference in the quad should be the dollar difference, not $3000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.