Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from BRP. I was wondering if you can help me get oversized bearings for my 03 outlander 400. I have looked online and talked to my dealer, and they say that there are none avalible. This is by far the cheapest way for me to go, as a crank is somewhere around $1000.00. Can you help a guy out? I bought this unit used with the knock in the engine not imagining that the oversized bearing was not an option. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You could be waiting a long time for a BRP input, they don't seem to reply here or at Dootalk either.
but here is my 2 cents
It sounds like you need oversize bearings due to journal damage and you want to have your crank ground and bearings replaced with O/S.
Instead, I would find a crank rebuider that uses a crank welder such as a Gleason to build up the journal and grind it down to OEM specs. After heat treating it is as good as new. A crank with only 2 journals should be really cheap to repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be waiting a long time for a BRP input, they don't seem to reply here or at Dootalk either.
but here is my 2 cents
It sounds like you need oversize bearings due to journal damage and you want to have your crank ground and bearings replaced with O/S.
Instead, I would find a crank rebuider that uses a crank welder such as a Gleason to build up the journal and grind it down to OEM specs. After heat treating it is as good as new. A crank with only 2 journals should be really cheap to repair.
I am just waiting to hear back from the crank shop. They are concerned that because of the size that it might warp. I will keep you all informed. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts