Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi -

Call me an early adopter - I ordered my Spyder in San Diego and having it shipped to Washington State. But are looking for other Spyder Owners to start a regional club. Please e-mail me if you are interested in participating...

·
The Rain Rider
436 Posts
I have relatives in Washington. I can meet ya on my next vacation, it's later next fall timeframe, but do keep me in mind.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have relatives in Washington. I can meet ya on my next vacation, it's later next fall timeframe, but do keep me in mind.
Cool! My Silver Spyder will be well-seasoned by then. Let me know...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi -

Call me an early adopter - I ordered my Spyder in San Diego and having it shipped to Washington State. But are looking for other Spyder Owners to start a regional club. Please e-mail me if you are interested in participating...
Congratulations! on taking delivery of your Spyder.
I have recenly bought a new Premiere Edition 513 from Phoenix, AZ. Currently it is a showroom floor model and I cannot take delivery until March. I live in Seattle and would love to hook up for a ride and or help start a Spyder club in the PNW. If you are interrested I'm also signed up for a motorcycle/Tricycle riding safety course in April thru Evergreen Safety Counsil in Kent. Once again Congratulations!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations! on taking delivery of your Spyder.
I have recenly bought a new Premiere Edition 513 from Phoenix, AZ. Currently it is a showroom floor model and I cannot take delivery until March. I live in Seattle and would love to hook up for a ride and or help start a Spyder club in the PNW. If you are interrested I'm also signed up for a motorcycle/Tricycle riding safety course in April thru Evergreen Safety Counsil in Kent. Once again Congratulations!
Thanks! And congrats to you as well on #513! We probably are not going to have too many good riding days until then, so a March delivery would be about right.

I took the Evergreen course for my 2-wheel endorsement. It is money well spent...You get so much more out of it than reading books and learning on your own.

Let me know when you take delivery and we'll hook up for a ride and see how many 'rubberneckers' there are in Seattle!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking forward to hooking up with you and other Spyder ryders in the PNW. I've gotta imagine that there'll be a ton of "rubber neckers" and possible even followers since there are so few in the area. Sounds like fun to me. I believe you have the Black one? and I have the yellow one! Perfect...

I have taken the Evergreen Safety Course in the past as well for my motorcycle endorsement maybe we can meet up sooner if we ever get a nice day. I agree the safety course is a terrific course far better than any book.

What are you planning to do about scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on your Spyder? You might already know this but Steel Dreams in Burlington, WA is the only dealership I know of actually getting the Spyders. Let me know if you have any additional information please. Thanks

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to hooking up with you and other Spyder ryders in the PNW. I've gotta imagine that there'll be a ton of "rubber neckers" and possible even followers since there are so few in the area. Sounds like fun to me. I believe you have the Black one? and I have the yellow one! Perfect...

I have taken the Evergreen Safety Course in the past as well for my motorcycle endorsement maybe we can meet up sooner if we ever get a nice day. I agree the safety course is a terrific course far better than any book.

What are you planning to do about scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on your Spyder? You might already know this but Steel Dreams in Burlington, WA is the only dealership I know of actually getting the Spyders. Let me know if you have any additional information please. Thanks
I called Steel Dreams in Burlington on Thursday, and they are ready NOW to service/repair Can-Am Spyders. They are only about 75 miles from where I live, so it's not that far for me. As a matter of fact, they are EAGER to service my machine because they would like to see one 'in the flesh.' I will need some work done on my Spyder before the 625 mile service check (a long story) and will be taking it there.

Went out for a ride yesterday and put the first 100 miles on my Silver Spyder. Lots of gawkers and rubberneckers everywhere I went, and whenever I stopped (even at traffic lights) there were TONS of questions, starting with "What is THAT???" A fun ride overall...

I have also reserved the www.nwspyders.com domain to start up a Northwest Region Spyder Owners Club (don't bother checking the link, 'cuz there's nothing on it yet), but we need a few more owners first.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
I called Steel Dreams in Burlington on Thursday, and they are ready NOW to service/repair Can-Am Spyders. They are only about 75 miles from where I live, so it's not that far for me. As a matter of fact, they are EAGER to service my machine because they would like to see one 'in the flesh.' I will need some work done on my Spyder before the 625 mile service check (a long story) and will be taking it there.

Went out for a ride yesterday and put the first 100 miles on my Silver Spyder. Lots of gawkers and rubberneckers everywhere I went, and whenever I stopped (even at traffic lights) there were TONS of questions, starting with "What is THAT???" A fun ride overall...

I have also reserved the www.nwspyders.com domain to start up a Northwest Region Spyder Owners Club (don't bother checking the link, 'cuz there's nothing on it yet), but we need a few more owners first.
Just a suggestion about Steel Dreams, I would verify with BRP that they are actually are an authorized dealer for the Spyder. Also that they have actually sent a tech to the Spyder training provided by BRP. You really don't want problems by having some tech that has no knowledge of the Spyder screwing things up.

WA is my home state and I know the Burlington area very well, and I'm having a problem understanding why a dealer in that city would be advertising the Spyder on their web page before dealers in the Seattle/Tacoma areas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Steel Dreams has been a great place for me to call, ask questions, and do business with but a word of Caution! As of a few weeks ago they were NOT an authorized dealer and didn't expect to become one until Spring time. Also told that they do NOT have an authorized mechanic as of yet due to not being an authorized dealer. Not to mention they haven't been able to place an order for the machines until they become a dealer then and ONLY then will they send a mechanic to be qualified to work on the Spyder. Please don't get me wrong they strike me as a very reputable dealership but ask some more questions. Hope to see you on the road some time as I live 70 miles from Burlington so we are not too far away from onle another.

[/quote]

This is very exciting way to go Jomion! Keep me posted and I'll do what I can to help and or coordinate rides with you. Agree we need a few more riders here in PNW....

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Steel Dreams has been a great place for me to call, ask questions, and do business with but a word of Caution! As of a few weeks ago they were NOT an authorized dealer and didn't expect to become one until Spring time. Also told that they do NOT have an authorized mechanic as of yet due to not being an authorized dealer. Not to mention they haven't been able to place an order for the machines until they become a dealer then and ONLY then will they send a mechanic to be qualified to work on the Spyder. Please don't get me wrong they strike me as a very reputable dealership but ask some more questions. Hope to see you on the road some time as I live 70 miles from Burlington so we are not too far away from onle another.

This is very exciting way to go Jomion! Keep me posted and I'll do what I can to help and or coordinate rides with you. Agree we need a few more riders here in PNW....
Strange that they have the Spyder on their web site and make it appear as if they are a dealer and you can order one from them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Strange that they have the Spyder on their web site and make it appear as if they are a dealer and you can order one from them.
Long story short Steel Dreams is VERY confident that they will be an authorized dealership by Spring time but currently not taking any deposits. You may add your name to a waiting list (first come first serve). They expect to get only 6 Spyders on the first delivery so you need to act fast!

·
Registered
801 Posts
There are a lot of dealers across the country that are taking orders before BRP has made the formal announcement of the dealerships that will be added to their sales network. Through "inside" communication with BRP, these dealerships know that they will be announced and are taking orders to get the first units sold as quickly as possible.

When I spoke to the BRP rep at the Seattle International Motorcycle Show (when "Where's the Spyder?" was the question most asked) he stated that there will be THREE Spyder dealers established in Washington State. STEEL DREAMS was one, but I don't know where the other two will be.

·
Registered
133 Posts
But the techs will be ready to service these machines on "day one," which I'm betting will be at the end of March.

This is Fantastic News!

When I spoke to the BRP rep at the Seattle International Motorcycle Show (when "Where's the Spyder?" was the question most asked) he stated that there will be THREE Spyder dealers established in Washington State. STEEL DREAMS was one, but I don't know where the other two will be.

Can't be certain but I called PAULSON'S in Lacy, WA and they told me they were going to be an authorized dealership. No idea on a third dealership, will have to do some more research.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't be certain but I called PAULSON'S in Lacy, WA and they told me they were going to be an authorized dealership. No idea on a third dealership, will have to do some more research.
Well, I need my 625 mile service now. Called STEEL DREAMS and they have CONFIRMED that they are a factory-authorized dealership in Washington State. Further frosting on the cake is that they have one of two master mechanics in all of North America on their staff. So I made my appointment. Will let you know how the service turns out...

·
Registered
165 Posts

You have rubber neckers up there? I get followed to the grocery store. Really dont mind all the questions and attention.Ilove riding my spyder.You can count me in on the nwspyders.com, cool that you did that.As far as i know theres just me and joe in this area with spyders,although joe heard there was a gal at coos bay dmv last week Take Care Maybe Hook up one day Dennis #824 Full Moon

·
Registered
133 Posts
You have rubber neckers up there? I get followed to the grocery store. Really dont mind all the questions and attention.Ilove riding my spyder.You can count me in on the nwspyders.com, cool that you did that.As far as i know theres just me and joe in this area with spyders,although joe heard there was a gal at coos bay dmv last week Take Care Maybe Hook up one day Dennis #824 Full Moon
Hi Dennis and Welcome to the PNW glad to hear about another spyder in the area, yes lots of rubber neckers everywhere. Haven't been followed as I speed away. Congrats and Enjoy! Yellow 513

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys,

new to the forums, i ordered my Spyder from Gonnasons in Kent, they went live as a dealer april 1st, got my order in on the 2cd, prob looking like august/sept delivery for me. i work on the west side (Kent) but own on the east side (Collvile..hour and north of Spokane) so ill be riding across the state every other weekend. will check out the website your setting up.

Keep it between the ditches,

Troy, currently HD owner, soon Spyder

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys,

new to the forums, i ordered my Spyder from Gonnasons in Kent, they went live as a dealer april 1st, got my order in on the 2cd, prob looking like august/sept delivery for me. i work on the west side (Kent) but own on the east side (Collvile..hour and north of Spokane) so ill be riding across the state every other weekend. will check out the website your setting up.

Keep it between the ditches,

Troy, currently HD owner, soon Spyder
Welcome and Congrats on ordering your Spyder! Believe me it's worth the wait and you ordered from a Terrific dealership. What color did you order? You'll have to keep us posted on the progress in the meantime this is a great place for questions and answers.

Kathy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on ordering your Spyder! Believe me it's worth the wait and you ordered from a Terrific dealership. What color did you order? You'll have to keep us posted on the progress in the meantime this is a great place for questions and answers.

Kathy
i ordered the full moon cause of the price difference, im sure ill get bored over the winter and change the color on it. putting highway pegs on it. not worring about the mirror extensions until i ride abit too see if its really needed or not. How are the handgrips on them? ive found on the smaller diameter grips my hand cramps up..i like the larger diameter. my normal ride on it will be 377 miles each way. thats doorstep to doorstep for me. Gonnasons wont be getting there display model until May so it will be alittle while b4 i can actual go check one out and play on one.

Troy

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Spyder has been in PHX since I took delivery of it last Fall. I'm getting ready to ship to SEA. I would be hugely appreciative to know how other WA owners freighted their Spyders and any advise/recommendations you would like to pass on.

Many thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts