Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ReTARRED
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife emailed me after the dealer contacted her today. He said there will be a month delay in delivery because of some sort of quality control issues. He also said that their dealership will be offering some sort of financial compensation for the delay.. He also is gonna let us use a enclosed trailer to haul it home because of the snow that will inevitabley be on the ground.

No puttin` for me till spring. At least I can go home for xmas and sit on it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My wife emailed me after the dealer contacted her today. He said there will be a month delay in delivery because of some sort of quality control issues. He also said that their dealership will be offering some sort of financial compensation for the delay.. He also is gonna let us use a enclosed trailer to haul it home because of the snow that will inevitabley be on the ground.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Good News - Bad News

I just got some good news from my Tampa dealer....

He says and I quote:

Rick,
I saw that ebay listing this morning. Three Spyders came in last week and i
expect three more this week. You may be getting yours sooner than we
expected!!! I'll keep you posted.

Frank

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good News - Bad News

I just got some good news from my Tampa dealer....

He says and I quote:

Rick,
I saw that ebay listing this morning. Three Spyders came in last week and i
expect three more this week. You may be getting yours sooner than we
expected!!! I'll keep you posted.

Frank
You know this is such a sad state of affairs. Here Fl are getting spyders and putting them up on ebay, getting multiple delvieries, yet those that put down money back in march, are number 1 and 2 on a dealer list, who got the "jacket" back in june, are not getting any spyders until the snow flys. Talk about discrimination based on your location. It is not like they have to drive further to get to us, they have to go past us to get to the south. The only thing BRP is creating is anger, and loss of potential new orders and sales. Ill light my fireplace with my jacket, that is what it is worth to me right now, Hearing a dealer is getting a second shipment of spyders, that they are going up on ebay from FL, and yet we sit here as our days shrink in light and drop in temps. I thought differently before, but I really am starting to believe, BRP is truly discriminating against the northern states because we are so close to thier boarder. that we could potentally sell a spyder to a Canadian resident. I understand the south can ride year round, let them be seen where they will be garaged up in the north, but you know what, I want and well almost demand BRP backs me with an extra 6 months of warrenty at thier expense since they will deliver an UNusable product based on time of delivery. I will piss away 5 months of payments and warrenty with no miles on the spyder.

BRP has created by their own doings, a lot of anger and discontent for the company up here. As far as I am concerned I only have vaporware, my contract clearly states, I have the right to a full refund if the product is NOT delivered to me by Nov 1st. My contract also states I was to have been delivered a spyder no later than Nov 1st. and yes people, I have that IN WRITING. If I see another spyder on ebay for sale from Fl I am going to contact BRP and protest that they STOP sending all spyders to FL, that they send them to other states and give the people that actually PAID for them, a chance to collect on the BRP vaporware.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
You know this is such a sad state of affairs. Here Fl are getting spyders and putting them up on ebay, getting multiple delvieries, yet those that put down money back in march, are number 1 and 2 on a dealer list, who got the "jacket" back in june, are not getting any spyders until the snow flys. Talk about discrimination based on your location. It is not like they have to drive further to get to us, they have to go past us to get to the south. The only thing BRP is creating is anger, and loss of potential new orders and sales. Ill light my fireplace with my jacket, that is what it is worth to me right now, Hearing a dealer is getting a second shipment of spyders, that they are going up on ebay from FL, and yet we sit here as our days shrink in light and drop in temps. I thought differently before, but I really am starting to believe, BRP is truly discriminating against the northern states because we are so close to thier boarder. that we could potentally sell a spyder to a Canadian resident. I understand the south can ride year round, let them be seen where they will be garaged up in the north, but you know what, I want and well almost demand BRP backs me with an extra 6 months of warrenty at thier expense since they will deliver an UNusable product based on time of delivery. I will piss away 5 months of payments and warrenty with no miles on the spyder.

BRP has created by their own doings, a lot of anger and discontent for the company up here. As far as I am concerned I only have vaporware, my contract clearly states, I have the right to a full refund if the product is NOT delivered to me by Nov 1st. My contract also states I was to have been delivered a spyder no later than Nov 1st. and yes people, I have that IN WRITING. If I see another spyder on ebay for sale from Fl I am going to contact BRP and protest that they STOP sending all spyders to FL, that they send them to other states and give the people that actually PAID for them, a chance to collect on the BRP vaporware.
Did you hand out words of warning with the business cards on your 2 day ride? It looks like BRP is making sure they cover the "Trend" and "Fade" markets. Is'nt it said "trends start on the east coast and fades on the west"?
I got my certificate out and it also says you can get back $1000 anytime. Sad fact is you give up your invisible spot and it could be 2009 before you see one then. Presure builds when your in a vice. Seems their going state by state. Makes no sense to me either.

·
Registered
911 Posts
...my contract clearly states, I have the right to a full refund if the product is NOT delivered to me by Nov 1st. My contract also states I was to have been delivered a spyder no later than Nov 1st. and yes people, I have that IN WRITING. ...
wow, i've got my contract in hand and it reads different than stated above. here it is verbatem:

1. pre-order one or more of the my2008 spyder gs roadster with sm5 transmission between march 5th and september 15th, 2007.
2. complete this certificate in full, including signature.
3. submit a non-refundable deposit of $1000 per roadster to your dealer.
4. accept delivery of your new my2008 spyder roadster by october 1st, 2007 or within 10 calendar days from delivery to your dealer (whichever falls last). dealer will contact you at the home or office number indicated below to notify you when your spyder roadster is in stock. failure to adhere to this requirement may result in loss of deposit and benefit.
5. acknowledge that, due to the limited number of units produced, it is not possible for your dealer to guarantee a delivery date earlier than march 2008. only 600 limited edition spyder roadsters will be delivered in north america in the fall of 2007; plus, an additional 1,500 limited edition spyder roadsters will be delivered between january and march 2008. each authorized spyder dealer will receive a limited quantity of roadsters, and will be taking deposits on a "first-come, first-served" basis. each dealer will also manage the allocation of their units to their consumers having submitted a deposit. brp is not liable for any delay in delivery or for the allocation of the roadsters.
6. acknowledge that your color preference expressed below may also influence the date of delivery of your spyder roadster depending on dealer availability.

in the event that: 1) you have not received delivery of a spyder roadster prior to march 31, 2008, and 2) you confirm in writing to your dealer that you want to cancel this pre-order certificate, your dealer will refund your $1000 deposit, without interest, and remove your name from its roadster allocation list. this refund shall be your sole remedy for not receiving a spyder roadster prior to march 31, 2008.

based on the above, until april 1st 2008 you really have no recourse - unless you have a different contract.

·
Registered
911 Posts
...I got my certificate out and it also says you can get back $1000 anytime...
since you ordered yours on february 15th, i wonder if brp changed contracts and that is why there is so much difference in what some people are saying. since my contract states "between march 5th and september 15th, 2007" what does yours say?

·
Registered
314 Posts
wow, i've got my contract in hand and it reads different than stated above. here it is verbatem:

1. pre-order one or more of the my2008 spyder gs roadster with sm5 transmission between march 5th and september 15th, 2007.
4. accept delivery of your new my2008 spyder roadster by october 1st, 2007 or within 10 calendar days from delivery to your dealer (whichever falls last). dealer will contact you at the home or office number indicated below to notify you when your spyder roadster is in stock. failure to adhere to this requirement may result in loss of deposit and benefit.
5. acknowledge that, due to the limited number of units produced, it is not possible for your dealer to guarantee a delivery date earlier than march 2008. only 600 limited edition spyder roadsters will be delivered in north america in the fall of 2007; plus, an additional 1,500 limited edition spyder roadsters will be delivered between january and march 2008. each authorized spyder dealer will receive a limited quantity of roadsters, and will be taking deposits on a "first-come, first-served" basis. each dealer will also manage the allocation of their units to their consumers having submitted a deposit. brp is not liable for any delay in delivery or for the allocation of the roadsters.
6. acknowledge that your color preference expressed below may also influence the date of delivery of your spyder roadster depending on dealer availability.

in the event that: 1) you have not received delivery of a spyder roadster prior to march 31, 2008, and 2) you confirm in writing to your dealer that you want to cancel this pre-order certificate, your dealer will refund your $1000 deposit, without interest, and remove your name from its roadster allocation list. this refund shall be your sole remedy for not receiving a spyder roadster prior to march 31, 2008.

based on the above, until april 1st 2008 you really have no recourse - unless you have a different contract.
he wish's he was in ca. have been told by 3 different dealers that in ca it is against the law to refuse a refund of deposit on a new vehicle purchase before delivery is complete...true or not ? 3 dealers agree.
like nearly every one else i'am pissed about lack of truthful feedback from BRP. not so much about delay
they could have said don't expect till nov,or whenever .i do believe they knew of late delivery's for several weeks .dont be surprised if you see mine on e-bay...if i cant ride before march anyways.might as weell make a buck or 2 for all the aggravation

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

This strategy may make sense , lower riding time by 6 mos reducing wear and tear, less warranty issues.
I would ask the dealer for some help on this

·
Registered
307 Posts

I have a different contract. My deposit is 100% refundable if not delivered by Nov 1st. I was guarenteed a delivery by Nov 1st latest, earlist Oct 1st of 2007. Date signed, March 1st.

·
Registered
62 Posts
he wish's he was in ca. have been told by 3 different dealers that in ca it is against the law to refuse a refund of deposit on a new vehicle purchase before delivery is complete...true or not ? 3 dealers agree.
like nearly every one else i'am pissed about lack of truthful feedback from BRP. not so much about delay
they could have said don't expect till nov,or whenever .i do believe they knew of late delivery's for several weeks .dont be surprised if you see mine on e-bay...if i cant ride before march anyways.might as weell make a buck or 2 for all the aggravation
I was also told that my dealer would refund my desposit any time. Also they have the option of selling them for a nice profit. I saw a spot go on e-bay for 2500.00. I am hanging on to mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have waited for bikes before but this is the most blow smoke up your A$% I have ever seen, all the hype with this bike, get your deposit in come ride one, not once not twice but 3 times! sorry you are #2 at your dealer and please put your $1000.00 down but we won't be shipping as promised. My dealer is the best Filers Powerspots keeps me informed daily but they can't get info either. they are at the mercy of the factory also I am hanging in there only because of my dealer and I really want a spyder. any body know how to email the factory? there web site freezes up every time I go to it. this ebay crap is not right these people should have their b- - - s cut off. I don't care if it is their bike and $$$ let someone have it that wants to RIDE It! not sell it & make a few bucks. well thats my 2 cents. my jacket looks good hanging in the closet

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have waited for bikes before but this is the most blow smoke up your A$% I have ever seen, all the hype with this bike, get your deposit in come ride one, not once not twice but 3 times! sorry you are #2 at your dealer and please put your $1000.00 down but we won't be shipping as promised. My dealer is the best Filers Powerspots keeps me informed daily but they can't get info either. they are at the mercy of the factory also I am hanging in there only because of my dealer and I really want a spyder. any body know how to email the factory? there web site freezes up every time I go to it. this ebay crap is not right these people should have their b- - - s cut off. I don't care if it is their bike and $$$ let someone have it that wants to RIDE It! not sell it & make a few bucks. well thats my 2 cents. my jacket looks good hanging in the closet
Joe T.
Ya might wanna tone that down just a bit. Castration seems extreme don't you think?
Most of us are still waiting, my delivery date has been changed to as late as March of 2008 but I'm not going get all bent if someone else who currently has one, decides to sell it. It's a free market and as they say,
"It is what it is." Ya can't fault the guy for making a few bucks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Joe T.
Ya might wanna tone that down just a bit. Castration seems extreme don't you think?
Most of us are still waiting, my delivery date has been changed to as late as March of 2008 but I'm not going get all bent if someone else who currently has one, decides to sell it. It's a free market and as they say,
"It is what it is." Ya can't fault the guy for making a few bucks.
you are right... it is what it is... just the point of no answers no info from factory??????

·
Registered
62 Posts
you are right... it is what it is... just the point of no answers no info from factory??????
Just got off the phone and here is the latest for California. I purchased my bike in San Luis Obispo. Was just told that there were three on a truck that left the factory yesterday on the way to San Luis. Tow silver and one Yellow (that is mine) Should be tward the end of next week. I can wait.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts