Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, looks like the close of business day for Oct 16th is upon us and the Spyder is still Vapor-ware. Now let's relax and wait for the next anticipated date of 10/22 ;)

·
Registered
911 Posts
i'm thinking about the fact that the first spyder to roll off the assembly line was on september 14th. that unit was to go to jay leno (supposedly he will have it on october 22nd). what have they been doing for five weeks? based on this timeframe, it will be well into november for the first "non-celeberty" units (at best).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm thinking about the fact that the first spyder to roll off the assembly line was on september 14th. that unit was to go to jay leno (supposedly he will have it on october 22nd). what have they been doing for five weeks? based on this timeframe, it will be well into november for the first "non-celeberty" units (at best).
LOL... I never thought of that. OK so I guess mine won't be here until five weeks after Jay's

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
LOL... I never thought of that. OK so I guess mine won't be here until five weeks after Jay's
SERIOUSLY considering giving up my place in line and waiting until spring. Why store it and stare at it wishing I could ride it when there is snow on the roads. When I put money down nearly 9 months ago I thought. "Well it's a long wait until September" The last month has been worse and still waiting.

·
Registered
307 Posts
SERIOUSLY considering giving up my place in line and waiting until spring. Why store it and stare at it wishing I could ride it when there is snow on the roads. When I put money down nearly 9 months ago I thought. "Well it's a long wait until September" The last month has been worse and still waiting.
Bitten, Not sure where you live, but after all this time dude,,, hang in!!!!!! around my part, I plan on parking it under the front of my 5th wheel camper and tarping the entire thing over, so I WONT see it,, nor will anybody else for that matter. then in spring, like a birthday present, I unwrap it and WOW!!! how did santa forget to put that under the,,,,,,,, oh yea,,,, i bought that,,,,,,, lol lol so that is where I parked it lol lol lol,, NO NO<< dam squirals carried it away one night and hid it on me lol lol lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bitten ......... Don't know if you were just spoutting off due to frustration or if you were serious. I would like to see a large number of the original purchasers cancel their order (assuming they could get their deposit back) and see how BRP reacts! I fully intend to call my Dealer tomorrow and inquire as to the possibility of cancelling my order, return my jacket and then reordering sometime after the first of the year for delivery in the Spring - if it works?!!

To pour salt on the wound, I found out that my dealer is now only requiring a $250 deposit on orders - of course no coat (does that put the coat's value at $750 ... LOL)? I'm having total knee replacement 12/12/07 and I'm sure my Spyder won't be here before then! (Of course, as I've posted earlier, I'm betting I will get a call 12/13 to pick it up!!). Depending on complications, it could be well into January before I could even ride it. The worse winter months in N.C. are later in Feb, and March! ("worse" being rellative - since I'm in N.C.!!!)

Personally, I have never experienced such a poor excuse of customer service from both BRP and most of the Dealers!!

Good luck to all but I think I'm signing out for the time being since my blood pressure won't take the frustration I feel every time I check the posts about delivery, dealer (mis)information, etc. etc.!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just checked with my dealer and my November date has been pushed back to January.

Apparently BRP had some difficulties with packaging the Spyders for transport, and their production line is operating a lot slower than was anticipated.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
I just checked with my dealer and my November date has been pushed back to January.

Apparently BRP had some difficulties with packaging the Spyders for transport, and their production line is operating a lot slower than was anticipated.
If you were not 1, 2 or maybe 3 allocation from your dealer, you were always January or later.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Hevnbound
Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope you have a swift and successful recovery. I am giving it until tomorrow. I will call the dealer and if he can not give me a date, I am out.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and together we read what he was getting the dealer hotline and how may each month, 3 out of 8 plus a demo bike that he is required to keep for a period.

Dealer gets 3 in Oct, Non in Nov - Dec starts in Jan again and complete in March as of yesterday (I saw with my own eyes this current delivery schedule for him). Things could always change.

He was told BRP that they were shipping 1st round (Oct) to Calif., Az., and Florida only second round starts Nov.

I am 3rd on the list and want a yellow bike, he just happens to be getting (per the delivery schedule that WE looked at) 2 yellow and 1 silver. It's a good thing for 2 yellow as either #1 or # 2 has also ordered a yellow.
Had there been only one yellow and two silver I would be waiting until Jan sometime.

My bike was shipped Monday and the dealer expects it late afternoon today or tomorrow.

We will believe it when I see it!

·
Registered
307 Posts
He was told BRP that they were shipping 1st round (Oct) to Calif., Az., and Florida only second round starts Nov.
Hi Ken,

yea,, that aint so true lol, and would NEVER make any sense. They are comming up to MA also not to mention this has been confirmed, you need to get them into the north ASAP and not some time in november and January due to weather. Once the snow starts comming down, you cant take delivery of them around here, well let me restated that, you cant drive them once the snow is on the ground. You would have an absolute revolt if they show up in January and the dealer tells you, you have to take delivery of it to get it out of his shop or charge you, dare I say, for storage.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Hi Ken,

yea,, that aint so true lol, and would NEVER make any sense. They are comming up to MA also not to mention this has been confirmed, you need to get them into the north ASAP and not some time in november and January due to weather. Once the snow starts comming down, you cant take delivery of them around here, well let me restated that, you cant drive them once the snow is on the ground. You would have an absolute revolt if they show up in January and the dealer tells you, you have to take delivery of it to get it out of his shop or charge you, dare I say, for storage.
The delivey schedule for the dealer I saw with my own eyes, the delivery to the states was told to the dealer and then told me the 2nd round starts nov. so if you gentlemen get bikes in oct then it sounds like only one of 2 people ( Dealer or BRP ) speaks with forked tongue.

Wish they could just deliver them all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The delivey schedule for the dealer I saw with my own eyes, the delivery to the states was told to the dealer and then told me the 2nd round starts nov. so if you gentlemen get bikes in oct then it sounds like only one of 2 people ( Dealer or BRP ) speaks with forked tongue.

as a side note, i see that you are in san diego. have you paid for your spyder yet? i'm just curious what your shipping/set-up fees were.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Hey Ken,
I spoke with BRP earlier today, and after speaking with them, having been put on hold while they checked on a few things, I was told that they started shipping out on Oct 16th, that they are on the road and will start showing up at dealers any day now. That they are en-route to the North East states also. My dealer is getting one spyder in October, One in November and then One in December according to his allocation sheet he recieved on tuesday. His inside source also stated that they will be arriving in the North East any day now as they are en-route. But let us know if you see them down there!!!!

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Hey Ken,
I spoke with BRP earlier today, and after speaking with them, having been put on hold while they checked on a few things, I was told that they started shipping out on Oct 16th, that they are on the road and will start showing up at dealers any day now. That they are en-route to the North East states also. My dealer is getting one spyder in October, One in November and then One in December according to his allocation sheet he recieved on tuesday. His inside source also stated that they will be arriving in the North East any day now as they are en-route. But let us know if you see them down there!!!!
Charles

I sure will - as the dealer is really expecting them as early as late today ( I won't hold my breath) or surely tomorrw.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
as a side note, i see that you are in san diego. have you paid for your spyder yet? i'm just curious what your shipping/set-up fees were.
Interesting that you bring that up, I started talking about the out the door costs just yesterday afternoon and I was really close on all of it till that part.

We are currently negotiating it right now, but until I ink the deal I'm not talking.

Just a hint it was greater than what has been discussed on this site and I felt violated, I'm over that and the dealer and I are negotiating now and I will not jeopardize it as he reads this site to stay up on current discussion.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well Guys,
I've been keeping up with the latest up-dates on deliveries and it looks as if some of you Lucky Dogs will getting your Spyder's REAL soon.

Being #7 on the list, I can't expect to see mine until 2008 some time and that fact has me more than just a little disappointed. It's difficult for me to maintain a high interest level when I'm looking at at least another 3 months before possibly receiving mine. The anticipation has worn me down quite a bit.

This (trickle) of units arriving is cruel to some degree, like that Tease in high school. Some guys get some and some guys don't but all are waiting for their chance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well Guys,
I've been keeping up with the latest up-dates on deliveries and it looks as if some of you Lucky Dogs will getting your Spyder's REAL soon.

Being #7 on the list, I can't expect to see mine until 2008 some time and that fact has me more than just a little disappointed. It's difficult for me to maintain a high interest level when I'm looking at at least another 3 months before possibly receiving mine. The anticipation has worn me down quite a bit.
This (trickle) of units arriving is cruel to some degree, like that Tease in high school. Some guys get some and some guys don't but all are waiting for their chance.
Soooooooo true! For the first time I'm asking myself how much do I "really" want this? Anger is making me want to call my dealer and tell him what he can do with his Spyder! I've drafted several imaginary letters in my head to write to BRP as well as notifying the news media, government and Martha Stewart!!! That's how far I've gone. But, at the end of the day, I take another "wuss" pill and wait 'till the next day to see what BRP is doing to me!!! We (I) really do need a support group!! ;)

·
ReTARRED
407 Posts
Soooooooo true! For the first time I'm asking myself how much do I "really" want this? Anger is making me want to call my dealer and tell him what he can do with his Spyder! I've drafted several imaginary letters in my head to write to BRP as well as notifying the news media, government and Martha Stewart!!! That's how far I've gone. But, at the end of the day, I take another "wuss" pill and wait 'till the next day to see what BRP is doing to me!!! We (I) really do need a support group!! ;)
Like someone posted somewhere else in this forum about this,someday we all will get together and laugh about this.

I, for one, refuse to let BRP,my dealer, or CanAm,rent any space in my noggin. If it comes,great. If I have to wait,so be it. It took me many years to be able to get to this point of serenity. I aint giving it up over a machine.

Martha Stewart???LOL thats great

1 - 20 of 30 Posts