Can Am Spyder Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
I'm from Westfield, MA, near Springfield. I ordered my Spyder Sept 1 from the Palmer MA dealer. I haven't ANY idea when I will get my silver one, although I WAS promised a first owner jacket if that means anything. I ordered the touring windshield, foglights, and solo seat cover. I will be happy to get together... whenever!

-->QUOTE(Mike B @ Oct 30 2007, 11:20 AM) [post="12198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I live in southern VT and would love to meet up with other Spyder owners for a ride! I ordered mine down in Barre MA, and should have it by the end of March (so i was told). I can't wait to get it!
[/quote]
Mike, I ordered mine in Barre, MA too. Higgins Powersports? I ordered mine around the same time. What color? Let us know whe
n you get the call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I live in southern VT and would love to meet up with other Spyder owners for a ride! I ordered mine down in Barre MA, and should have it by the end of March (so i was told). I can't wait to get it!

Mike, I ordered mine in Barre, MA too. Higgins Powersports? I ordered mine around the same time. What color? Let us know whe
n you get the call.
I ordered from Higgins as well back in June. I think they only had about 3 left to sell after i ordered mine, so i am guessing i am at the end of the list as far as the March delivery goes. Time will tell, but I sure would like to have it in my posession! We should try to meet up for a ride next summer as well. My spyder will be yellow.

I'm from Westfield, MA, near Springfield. I ordered my Spyder Sept 1 from the Palmer MA dealer. I haven't ANY idea when I will get my silver one, although I WAS promised a first owner jacket if that means anything. I ordered the touring windshield, foglights, and solo seat cover. I will be happy to get together... whenever!
Hey Fly
I have my silver spyder with all options accept the cheap looking wheels and the zenon headlights, I don't like it when someone shines those things at me, so I won't use them myself. I bought from Flamingo too, they are a great bunch of people, the best and most honest dealer I have ever delt with. Just wait till you get the spyder, what a great machine, it's all the good motorcycling has to offer without the bad. I live in Palmer and ride most of the year, in fact I rode to work today on my other bike, 16 degrees this morning and 39 on the way home. It will be good to have more spyders on the road, it will take some of the pressure off us, the attention you get is unbelievable, you actually have to get gas late at night to avoid the crowd. Hope you take delivery soon, the spyder is a great piece of engineering, I have 565 miles on mine.
Mrfix

mrfix - I ordered my spyder from flamingo in March 07 - still waiting to take delivery. As to your comment that they are a great dealer, I am not getting any info from them regarding any communication from BRP. Every time I call it's like I am bothering them! Any tips on how to get better commo from them? Any one in particular I should talk to? Thanks!

mrfix - I ordered my spyder from flamingo in March 07 - still waiting to take delivery. As to your comment that they are a great dealer, I am not getting any info from them regarding any communication from BRP. Every time I call it's like I am bothering them! Any tips on how to get better commo from them? Any one in particular I should talk to? Thanks!
braaap
I.ve delt with many dealers over my many years of motorcycling and Flamingo in Palmer has the best sales staff and the most knowledgable service staff I've seen, the parts guys also know what's going on and get you what you need. The one thing they don't do at Flamingo is tell you what you want to hear, BRP is not the most communicative company, they don't overly inform the dealer network, I know you want to hear that your spyder is on the way, but if Flamingo has not recieved the fax from BRP they won't make up stories just to please you. When they know, you will know and when they get your machine, they will deliver it promptly and in the condition that it should be in, thier service department will properly prep your spyder for delivery and you will be happy. No, I don't work there, I'm just a customer that gets great service, once you get your spyder and build a relationship with the Flamingo people you will see why I say what I say.

braaap
I.ve delt with many dealers over my many years of motorcycling and Flamingo in Palmer has the best sales staff and the most knowledgable service staff I've seen, the parts guys also know what's going on and get you what you need. The one thing they don't do at Flamingo is tell you what you want to hear, BRP is not the most communicative company, they don't overly inform the dealer network, I know you want to hear that your spyder is on the way, but if Flamingo has not recieved the fax from BRP they won't make up stories just to please you. When they know, you will know and when they get your machine, they will deliver it promptly and in the condition that it should be in, thier service department will properly prep your spyder for delivery and you will be happy. No, I don't work there, I'm just a customer that gets great service, once you get your spyder and build a relationship with the Flamingo people you will see why I say what I say.
thanks for the reassurance. Good to know they are a good dealership. I live on the shore in CT and met Flamingo at the Ski-doo Tour in March 2007, so really had no idea how they were with customer service. Have bought all my sleds up north in Maine, also, so I don't know any local dealers around here either. Would love to hook up once I get my ride!

thanks for the reassurance. Good to know they are a good dealership. I live on the shore in CT and met Flamingo at the Ski-doo Tour in March 2007, so really had no idea how they were with customer service. Have bought all my sleds up north in Maine, also, so I don't know any local dealers around here either. Would love to hook up once I get my ride!
Yes, I also ordered my Spyder from Flamingo, and I absolutely concur with Mrfix. Speak with John Barry, Sales Manager, and he will give you the most up-to-date info. I spoke with him last week; he said, just as my contract indicates, that they are expecting them all in by the middle of March. I have even registered, and secured a room at a B+B for the Lake George Americade. I will be going up Thursday night and staying through Sunday. BRP has an Owners Event June 6-7 as you probably already know. (My wife thinks I'm crazy...I"You don't even have your Spyder yet!) But I have faith!
Conny

Hey Fly
I have my silver spyder with all options accept the cheap looking wheels and the zenon headlights, I don't like it when someone shines those things at me, so I won't use them myself. I bought from Flamingo too, they are a great bunch of people, the best and most honest dealer I have ever delt with. Just wait till you get the spyder, what a great machine, it's all the good motorcycling has to offer without the bad. I live in Palmer and ride most of the year, in fact I rode to work today on my other bike, 16 degrees this morning and 39 on the way home. It will be good to have more spyders on the road, it will take some of the pressure off us, the attention you get is unbelievable, you actually have to get gas late at night to avoid the crowd. Hope you take delivery soon, the spyder is a great piece of engineering, I have 565 miles on mine.
Mrfix
I may have spoken with you during Flamingo's Swap Meet! Since then, I've spoken with John and it looks like middle of March. I had some info cards already printed up so I can pass them out to the many people I expect will have questions. I decided to let Flamingo install the foglights (and also a riser), since it is easier install those items when it comes it partially disassembled, and also those items will be under warranty. (I have also ordered and received the Talon alarm, but I will install that myself.) Looking forward to it!
Conny

Best way to prevent a theft is to not let anyone on to the fact that its there. In my experiance thats a MUCH better way to protect somthing than adding chains alarms, etc.

If they dont know its there they wont try to steal it!

Also, sdimple thing to do would be remove the tires, it would be a PITA to steal with no tires.
--John
Wow I had not thought of that. I will just have to get a cross wrench and take off a wheel everytime I park it, I wonder if it will fit in the trunk....not the wrench...the wheel. I was wondering what SPyder owners did when they rode it to work, must be hard to get anything done looking out the window every few minutes to see who might be tampering with your ride.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.