Can Am Spyder Forum banner

New Ryders Group New England

11K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  newbee 
#1 ·
Hi people
Was wondering if anyone was interested in forming a New England thread?
Teach

See less See more
#8 ·
Sounds good to me! I am upstate New York (Binghamton area). Also a reminder to attend Sunday's spyder chat at 9pm here on can-amtalk

Later,

Shawn (Spyder-Dude)

#9 ·
I've taken test rides in VA and then up in central MA. Met my son there in Barre and we each took one out for a nice 30 min ride. He was quite impressed and I later sent in my deposit. I live in Pittsburgh and my nearest dealer in Buck's in Akron, NY (nr Buffalo), which is 240 miles away. I'm scheduled for the Feb/Mar delivery.

Stuart Ostroff

also riding Triumph Sprint 955 and a Kaw KLR

#10 ·
Am wondering what you ordered for add-ons? I ordered mine stock yellow, and am waiting for others to offer things at more reasonable prices.
Also, am without a garage, am wondering what might be best way to store spyder for next winter? Any thoughts?
Teach :

#12 ·
I would look into a storage facility....I know around here in upstate NY they have small ones that would fit the spyder for around $30 a month.....and it would be secure.

Later,

Shawn (Spyder-Dude)

#14 ·
Hi, Someone wanted to know where I bought my Spyder. I went for a demo ride and bought from Higgins Power Sports in Barre Mass. I got a good reference from a friend and really liked everyone there. They just sent me the "jacket" and it actually fit :rolleyes:
I live in Storrs, Connecticut which is a little bit of a hike, but not too bad. Bought the yellow one.
Teach

#16 ·
Best way to prevent a theft is to not let anyone on to the fact that its there. In my experiance thats a MUCH better way to protect somthing than adding chains alarms, etc.

If they dont know its there they wont try to steal it!

Also, sdimple thing to do would be remove the tires, it would be a PITA to steal with no tires.

--John

#37 ·
Best way to prevent a theft is to not let anyone on to the fact that its there. In my experiance thats a MUCH better way to protect somthing than adding chains alarms, etc.

If they dont know its there they wont try to steal it!

Also, sdimple thing to do would be remove the tires, it would be a PITA to steal with no tires.
--John
Wow I had not thought of that. I will just have to get a cross wrench and take off a wheel everytime I park it, I wonder if it will fit in the trunk....not the wrench...the wheel. I was wondering what SPyder owners did when they rode it to work, must be hard to get anything done looking out the window every few minutes to see who might be tampering with your ride.

#18 ·
From Binghamton, NY (Central NY, 5 Miles from PA...1 hour south of Syracuse or 3 hours north of New York City or Philadelphia)

#21 ·
I'm from Westfield, MA, near Springfield. I ordered my Spyder Sept 1 from the Palmer MA dealer. I haven't ANY idea when I will get my silver one, although I WAS promised a first owner jacket if that means anything. I ordered the touring windshield, foglights, and solo seat cover. I will be happy to get together... whenever!

#30 ·
Hey Fly
I have my silver spyder with all options accept the cheap looking wheels and the zenon headlights, I don't like it when someone shines those things at me, so I won't use them myself. I bought from Flamingo too, they are a great bunch of people, the best and most honest dealer I have ever delt with. Just wait till you get the spyder, what a great machine, it's all the good motorcycling has to offer without the bad. I live in Palmer and ride most of the year, in fact I rode to work today on my other bike, 16 degrees this morning and 39 on the way home. It will be good to have more spyders on the road, it will take some of the pressure off us, the attention you get is unbelievable, you actually have to get gas late at night to avoid the crowd. Hope you take delivery soon, the spyder is a great piece of engineering, I have 565 miles on mine.
Mrfix

#29 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I live in southern VT and would love to meet up with other Spyder owners for a ride! I ordered mine down in Barre MA, and should have it by the end of March (so i was told). I can't wait to get it!

Mike, I ordered mine in Barre, MA too. Higgins Powersports? I ordered mine around the same time. What color? Let us know whe
n you get the call.
I ordered from Higgins as well back in June. I think they only had about 3 left to sell after i ordered mine, so i am guessing i am at the end of the list as far as the March delivery goes. Time will tell, but I sure would like to have it in my posession! We should try to meet up for a ride next summer as well. My spyder will be yellow.

#28 ·
-->QUOTE(Mike B @ Oct 30 2007, 11:20 AM) [post="12198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I live in southern VT and would love to meet up with other Spyder owners for a ride! I ordered mine down in Barre MA, and should have it by the end of March (so i was told). I can't wait to get it!
[/quote]
Mike, I ordered mine in Barre, MA too. Higgins Powersports? I ordered mine around the same time. What color? Let us know whe
n you get the call.

#31 ·
mrfix - I ordered my spyder from flamingo in March 07 - still waiting to take delivery. As to your comment that they are a great dealer, I am not getting any info from them regarding any communication from BRP. Every time I call it's like I am bothering them! Any tips on how to get better commo from them? Any one in particular I should talk to? Thanks!

#32 ·
braaap
I.ve delt with many dealers over my many years of motorcycling and Flamingo in Palmer has the best sales staff and the most knowledgable service staff I've seen, the parts guys also know what's going on and get you what you need. The one thing they don't do at Flamingo is tell you what you want to hear, BRP is not the most communicative company, they don't overly inform the dealer network, I know you want to hear that your spyder is on the way, but if Flamingo has not recieved the fax from BRP they won't make up stories just to please you. When they know, you will know and when they get your machine, they will deliver it promptly and in the condition that it should be in, thier service department will properly prep your spyder for delivery and you will be happy. No, I don't work there, I'm just a customer that gets great service, once you get your spyder and build a relationship with the Flamingo people you will see why I say what I say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.