Can Am Spyder Forum banner

New Outlander 800 XT Max

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  f419sr1 
#1 ·
Well its time for a new ATV. My Polaris Sportsman 500Ho that we bought in 2003 has just over 10,000 miles on it. It has been a good machine but with my wife and I riding more I want a new machine. Well this spring (in a month or so) We are going to the Outlander Xt Max 800. We ride Ski Doos now and want to stay with BRP. Our dealer in Ft Kent is the best and I cant see myself going anywhere else. I was wondering if there are any upgrades - clutch kits or any other performance items for these machines. Is there any little flaws that I should be aware of. We were thinking Camo or Green??? Thanks for any info - John

#3 ·
you won't really need any immediate upgrades there is not a stock 4x4 that will touch this wheeler, if you are looking at a camo model you can't get max 800 xt in camo yet! but the camo is a little brittle, so be careful in the tight stuff. maybe a pipe(slip on) our shop has had some cams made for our 06 800 and they work great, but big bucks to have them made. we have experimented with some factory clutch stuff, different weights and are still experimenting, and will let you know! have fun buy a can-am!!!

#5 ·
Thanks- Guys. I'm a fan of clutch kits so I was leaning that way. I cant leave anything well-enough alone so I'm looking for all possible up-grades. Jerry you should see my X go now. It looks a lot diffrent and goes MUCH better than last year. Thanks - John

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dalton makes a real good clutch kit. Im running 27s on my 800 and on a roll snap the throttle and she will stand right up. Big gun makes an exhaust along with HMF. The HMF also has a quiet core. Iv heard both. Without the core it sounds like a small block. A little too loud for me.But sound great. Dobeck makes a EFI controler matched with the HMF they claim you gain 10 HP at the rear wheels. Ricochet makes skid plates that go all the way to the rear of the frame. I have BRP skids and extended the plate to the rear of the frame. I wouldnt ride with out them. There have been complaint about the frames. You can try myoutlander.com for the parts they are real good people to deal with. I ordered the dalton and had it in 2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.