Can Am Spyder Forum banner

My dealer expects them in by Oct 3rd

4K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  MRG 
#1 ·
Just talked to my dealer. He expects my spyder in by 10/3 (Thats this wednesday). He says if they get held up at customs at the border it could take a few more days but 10/9 is the worst case. Nice!!!! I excited!

--John

#9 ·
I just talked to my dealer here in southeast florida. He says the truck is leaving the factory October 10th. They will call him once loaded with the names (because the 1st ones are engraved) of the units on the truck. Then I will get an updated call from my dealer. With travel time, dealer set up time, etc... Looks like I won't get it until the week of 10-22.

#10 ·
Wow,
The Florida dealers seem to be great when it comes to providing info. The dealers here in California (at least my dealer) does not seem to know anything. I did not know the first few would be engraved with the owner's name. If the 10-22 date is correct for Florida, looks like us Cali folks will not see ours until Nov/Dec.
Geez, this is very disappointing.

#14 ·
I do not remember how many... 600 or 2500... But the first ones are to have the buyers name engraved in the handle bars. I had to spell out exactly how I wanted it. I also read it some where when the web site was first launched and it mentioned the jacket in the same paragraph.

#15 ·
I am telling you I am loosing my patience with BRP and also my dealer. I emailed BRP and they sent a canned response saying delivery should between October and December. And my dealer all of a sudden won't return my phone call...I have left 3 message for him. So much for customer service anymore.

I have spent over $50k with BRP/CanAm/Skidoo over the past 5 years and I expect better response that this.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I dropped by my dealer today to buy a pair of gloves and saw my sales rep. I asked him if he's heard anything new, and he then proceeded to call someone on his cell (I think a BRP rep). He asked the person when can I expect delivery, and the person on the phone told him the truck is scheduled to roll out on the 10th, and the Spyder should be here within seven days after that. What troubles me is that he said the rep told him he's only getting one bike in the first delivery. I hope it is my bike since I'm #1 on the list.

#19 ·
My dealer called me today to give me an update on my delivery.
What's supposed to be the middle of October is now he hopes probably by the end of October
he does not have a definite date on the first shipment he supposed receive.

Something that he told me that I have yet to hear from anybody else for the reason why the BRP
officials said they would be late. What my dealer said that the BRP representative told him that
the National Highway Transportation Safety Board they had to do an on-site check on the first ones
that were built at the factory. After they done thier quality controls then they would allow to
build and ship without anybody inspecting the rest from them and that has set them back farther
than they expected.

I honestly can not have any malice towards my dealer they have kept me abreast of most of the
information they have received and I in turn have informed them of what I have learned.

My frustration is now turning towards disappointment with BRP I honestly was expecting them to
have had shipped some by now to somebody.
My window of good weather riding is slowly closing and I was hoping for better news.

Nexus

#20 ·
I am with you on the disappointment and fighting the bad taste I am getting in my mouth about the whole thing. I guess it really is a huge under taking for them and it is to be expected. I really wish they would not have even announced in February as they did and waited until they could ship with confidence. That would have been a better game plan for promotional power. I was really hoping to at least get it broke in this year. I had mine ordered in February.

#21 ·
That's a painfully LONG period of time to be waiting. The delays are starting to wear on us all but little can be done except wait.
I agree with NOT announcing the release date until they were more confident of actually MEETING the date. I'm not expecting to receive mine until Nov. sometime and by then most good riding weather is gone til next spring.

#22 ·
Well I am all pissed up over this now
Up here in the boston area, November is freekin COLD!!!!! there are many times snow has fallen. Bikes are off the road by 2nd week, but no later than thanks giving!!! And to boot,, the dealer I bought from tells me earlier, that it has to be picked up from the dealer within 3 days of delivery.... Well F>>>> them!! if it is snowing out, snow on the ground,,, there is NO WAY!!!! I am taking delivery of it. You know what,, Keep it in the crate. drop ship it to my house in the crate,, shove the setup /assembly fee, cram the doc fee's as I am paying cash (saved since feb for this), Ill do my own registry running and my own assembly. Lets face it,, any monkey that goes to a day training that is paid minium wage can assembly these,, then I sure as heck can... (have done 3 off frame auto restorations and rebuilt engines)

BRP has Millions in customer money sitting on these things,,, WE DESERVE A F*&^(*&G ANSWER BRP!!!

this crap of "talk to your dealer" is done with!! Im talking to BRP, I want an ANSWER!!!! I didnt give my dealer a 1500 check for something that might show up, some day,,, They took my money,,, They placed an order with BRP,,, BRP took my money!!!! NOW BRP OWES ME AN ANSWER~!!!!!!!

#23 ·
You people are just out to lunch.... like kids that can't walk past the christmas tree every day without asking what is in the boxes.....

You'll get them when you get them....... complaining about it doesn't do any good. It's not like in the northern states you would be doing much riding for the rest of the year anyway.

They told me January.... and if it ends up being March.... I don't care.....as long as I have one of the 2500... and its here for next summer.

#25 ·
John,
Which dealer are you getting your Spyder at? I am near Tampa and was thinking if it wasn't too far I might come check it out.

Tom

PS: I went through this when I pre-ordered an RX-8. We got less info from our dealers. I agree chill out a bit it isn't doing you any good to stress so much. Besides a bunch of us in Florida will be enjoying ours year round.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Besides a bunch of us in Florida will be enjoying ours year round.

As "well intended" as that may have been. A large # of us won't have the same opportunity. The weather in Md. turns pretty crappy by late Nov. So everyday riding won't be an option until spring. For some of the more northern guys, this is major reason why we're a bit more tweaked about the delays. Waiting nearly 8 months only to have it sit another 2 or 3 because of foul weather is aggravating.

#27 ·
This is something the "southern" riders have no clue about.Chilly to most of them is 60 degrees. What they dont understand is there is a large number of northern riders that ordered this in march/april time, just as the snow was starting to receed. The snow will be here and much to cold to ride by the end of November, then into storage they go until april,,, If your lucky, and dont mind riding in the wet melting snow and sand, then late march, upto if not more than in some cases,,, a year after we ordered them. It is frustrating to look at the monthly payment on these knowing it has zero miles on it, covered in storage not to be seen for months. In my area, if it isnt delivered by nov , then I wont get to ride it until april, 5ish months of storage!!! BRP has done nothing but tell us to contact our dealers,,, that they know when they are arriving, that dealers have been contacted. 99% of us know that this is crap!! And if BRP decides to discriminate against the northern riders to get the spyders to the south for biktoberfest,,, Well,,, that is just plain wrong. Get them to the northern riders first, so they can at least get on them for a month before putting them ito storage, after all you southern riders, as you have stated, will enjoy yours year round. so you CAN take delivery in January and February. Little tough to take delivery of a bike with 2 feet of snow on the ground and 4 foot snow banks everywhere.

#28 ·
I.M.O.
These delays would be somewhat easier to take if BRP, were more "up-front" about the whole thing. Trying to get information from our dealers has proven to be very, VERY frustrating.
For me, all BRP, would have to do is to keep me in the loop, not knowing what to expect or when is frustrating to say the least. No one likes being kept in the dark. Receiving second hand information just isn't cutting it. You would think as a common courtesy BRP, would keep their dealers apprised of the current situation so they (the dealers) could pass this info. onto their customers. I know these dealers have to be feeling the heat from all of us out here.

#29 ·
very well put
With all the ranting I may do here and there, the bottom line is, they will come in, when they do, but,, big BUT,,, keeping a customer who has already put money down on a promised product in the loop goes a long LONG way in customer relations and customer satisfaction. Understandably the dealers are feeling the heat, but they are in the same boat as we are,, kept in the dark by BRP. I do not and could not fault my dealer, the MFG is totally at fault for the lack of information.

#33 ·
What a bunch of crock. This is taken right from the BRP site.
"Spyder dealers have received their allocation quantity confirmation and ETA of units under their allocation. Only they can communicate to consumers the anticipated delivery date of each unit."

In other words... thanks for your deposit on our vapor ware, now f#%k off!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL vapor ware LOL LOL woke up in a bad mood,,, smiling now lol

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
I get the felling that its not BRP its the dealers. I believe the dealers are not doing enough to get the info. Hows is it that we know more then the dealer? Its because we are the ones asking the questions to BRP. The dealers are not going to BRP and saying" When are we getting the shipments?". We all seem to get the same response from the dealer
. I believe they are not doing what they can to get the info. I told my dealer that they could call BRP to find out when the shipment is to arrive. They still looked at me like I was inconviencing them.
I do understand that they have alot of customers but the management or someone above my sells guy should be on the phone with BRP.

{Just a side thought} The dealer already knows when but will not tell you because they want to make sure that it arrives on that date. So we will just keep blaming the manufactors so people will stay off our backs.

My biggest problem with the manufactor is that they said it should be here in Sept. Its now only the first full week in Oct. but after next week that would make two full weeks I think I'm going to be really upset. Because at that point BRP should have contacted everyone with a apology and a time frame. Just my thoughts. I"m not as pissed off as some but I am concerned. This is my first open aired motor bike and I am hoping to still get a few months of riding in. Its still 80* here in N. VA so they is still sometime left for me.

Violator

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
I booked my flight to Florida yesterday morning just to recieve a call later in the day that the trucks will not be leaving BRP till Oct 16th. Oh well, one more week to wait I guess.

TJ_Spyder: Cycle riders of Orlando in, yea you guessed it....Orlando! Thats cool if you want to take a ride down, you can check out my Stacker trailer that Is being built for me to my specs. Right now its a race to see if the trailer or the spyder is done first!

--John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.