Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to my dealer. He expects my spyder in by 10/3 (Thats this wednesday). He says if they get held up at customs at the border it could take a few more days but 10/9 is the worst case. Nice!!!! I excited!

--John

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you please guys mention where your dealer is or where you are when talking about delivery. We will only bother to ask until ours arrive and then we just don't care anymore.
My reason for asking is so that I could determine roughly when the units will arrive in California. I suspect that the folks in NY and upper states would take delivery first since they are closer to the canadian border.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just talked to my dealer here in southeast florida. He says the truck is leaving the factory October 10th. They will call him once loaded with the names (because the 1st ones are engraved) of the units on the truck. Then I will get an updated call from my dealer. With travel time, dealer set up time, etc... Looks like I won't get it until the week of 10-22.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just talked to my dealer here in southeast florida. He says the truck is leaving the factory October 10th. They will call him once loaded with the names (because the 1st ones are engraved) of the units on the truck. Then I will get an updated call from my dealer. With travel time, dealer set up time, etc... Looks like I won't get it until the week of 10-22.
Wow,
The Florida dealers seem to be great when it comes to providing info. The dealers here in California (at least my dealer) does not seem to know anything. I did not know the first few would be engraved with the owner's name. If the 10-22 date is correct for Florida, looks like us Cali folks will not see ours until Nov/Dec.
Geez, this is very disappointing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I tell you what would have been great, a webcam at the end of the assembly line with the first buyers names pasted across the front so you could see your bike coming off the line. Would be bad for the Smith's, Jones and Johnson's.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I tell you what would have been great, a webcam at the end of the assembly line with the first buyers names pasted across the front so you could see your bike coming off the line. Would be bad for the Smith's, Jones and Johnson's.
Just the webcam would be nice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do not remember how many... 600 or 2500... But the first ones are to have the buyers name engraved in the handle bars. I had to spell out exactly how I wanted it. I also read it some where when the web site was first launched and it mentioned the jacket in the same paragraph.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I am telling you I am loosing my patience with BRP and also my dealer. I emailed BRP and they sent a canned response saying delivery should between October and December. And my dealer all of a sudden won't return my phone call...I have left 3 message for him. So much for customer service anymore.

I have spent over $50k with BRP/CanAm/Skidoo over the past 5 years and I expect better response that this.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, I dropped by my dealer today to buy a pair of gloves and saw my sales rep. I asked him if he's heard anything new, and he then proceeded to call someone on his cell (I think a BRP rep). He asked the person when can I expect delivery, and the person on the phone told him the truck is scheduled to roll out on the 10th, and the Spyder should be here within seven days after that. What troubles me is that he said the rep told him he's only getting one bike in the first delivery. I hope it is my bike since I'm #1 on the list.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any news yet?
My dealer called me today to give me an update on my delivery.
What's supposed to be the middle of October is now he hopes probably by the end of October
he does not have a definite date on the first shipment he supposed receive.

Something that he told me that I have yet to hear from anybody else for the reason why the BRP
officials said they would be late. What my dealer said that the BRP representative told him that
the National Highway Transportation Safety Board they had to do an on-site check on the first ones
that were built at the factory. After they done thier quality controls then they would allow to
build and ship without anybody inspecting the rest from them and that has set them back farther
than they expected.

I honestly can not have any malice towards my dealer they have kept me abreast of most of the
information they have received and I in turn have informed them of what I have learned.

My frustration is now turning towards disappointment with BRP I honestly was expecting them to
have had shipped some by now to somebody.
My window of good weather riding is slowly closing and I was hoping for better news.

Nexus

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
I am with you on the disappointment and fighting the bad taste I am getting in my mouth about the whole thing. I guess it really is a huge under taking for them and it is to be expected. I really wish they would not have even announced in February as they did and waited until they could ship with confidence. That would have been a better game plan for promotional power. I was really hoping to at least get it broke in this year. I had mine ordered in February.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.