Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as an update. My dealer took the yellow as the demo leaving me out in the street with no wheels under my seat. I pitched a wall-eyed fit and did the girl thing and whined. Yes. I whined and whined. Today I was told that they were able to swap the silver with another dealer and that my yellow spyder would be available to me by Monday.

Tip to all of those who do not have one yet....Get a girl to call for you and whine in a high pitched voice for several minutes on end. Seems to work

Thank you for all of the support from the forum that helped me get my questions andswered and have fuel to fire at the dealer.

Town and Country Motorsports in PHX really came through for me and they deserve the prop just as much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which Town & Country Motorsports (renamed to Ride Now Powersports) location did you have your deposit with? I've been working with one of their dealerships from Seattle - distance is a disadvantage!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which Town & Country Motorsports (renamed to Ride Now Powersports) location did you have your deposit with? I've been working with one of their dealerships from Seattle - distance is a disadvantage!
I know, I am in San Diego and have to fly over Sunday night to take delivery on Monday. It was the one off of Arizana blvd...just north of Elliott. Rick Hewitt is my Sales dude..I have gotten the insurance binder and the check is being overnighted by the credit union today. All that is left now is to take a trip on Sunday. Hope you gets yours soon.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
I know, I am in San Diego and have to fly over Sunday night to take delivery on Monday. It was the one off of Arizana blvd...just north of Elliott. Rick Hewitt is my Sales dude..I have gotten the insurance binder and the check is being overnighted by the credit union today. All that is left now is to take a trip on Sunday. Hope you gets yours soon.
If you are riding the Spyder back to SD, I would suggest staying in the area of the shop and getting some miles on it. Then back to the shop if you have any bugs, before taking off for SD.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I know, I am in San Diego and have to fly over Sunday night to take delivery on Monday....
i'm sure it is not an issue, but monday is a national holiday - make sure they will be open (hate to see you fly over and have to sit around for a day).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm sure it is not an issue, but monday is a national holiday - make sure they will be open (hate to see you fly over and have to sit around for a day).
Already have a time with the dealer on Monday and I will not be riding it over, Penske will be housing my new baby safe and sound. Thanks for the advice.

By the way,,,I got Yellow Number 422

·
Registered
62 Posts
Already have a time with the dealer on Monday and I will not be riding it over, Penske will be housing my new baby safe and sound. Thanks for the advice.

By the way,,,I got Yellow Number 422
Very cool, I am picking up Yellow #366 tomorrow in San Luis Obispo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rick Hewitt is my Spyderman as well. His customers would seem to come from all over the place! I'm so anxious to get "the call". Will be in PHX for Christmas, so let's just hope mine comes by then (I'm toward the top of the deposit list too) so that you'll be the only one that's had to pitch a fit. He's been good to me too. Thanks for the info. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rick Hewitt is my Spyderman as well. His customers would seem to come from all over the place! I'm so anxious to get "the call". Will be in PHX for Christmas, so let's just hope mine comes by then (I'm toward the top of the deposit list too) so that you'll be the only one that's had to pitch a fit. He's been good to me too. Thanks for the info. Enjoy!
Rick has really come through. Actually the whole dealership has. Rick wasn't there when I took delivery. BUt he called me the minute he was on american soil. He was in Mexico for a Ride Now Event. He is an awesome sales guy and I am very happy. I think yours should be in by Christmas. BRP is really sending them now. HOpefully not too long of a wait for you. Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts