Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I know not everyone interested in a Spyder is coming off a bike, but many are. Let's see your current or past rides.

This was my last that I recently sold...probably a mistake in the long run, but gone now.

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
i have/had quite a few exotic toys but here is a godd shot taken about 18 months ago

left to right:

1992 honda nr750
1997 bimota v-due
2002 benelli tornado tre l.e.
2003 mondial piega
2005 mv agusta tamborini
2000 bimota sb8rs
2006 benelli tnt
2005 ducati 999r

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's what I have owned:

First to last-

1981 Yamaha XJ750R Seca
1997 Suzuki GSXR-750
1999 Suzuki Katana 600
1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1995 Honda CBR600-F3
1999 Yamaha V-Star 650

Quads-

Yamaha Banshee (can't remember exactly what year it was)
2006 Suzuki LT-Z 400 (modded out)
2007 Suzuki King Quad 450

Most of the streetbikes I have owned were repairables that I did myself. The Seca was my first bike that I learned on and subsequently beat on. The Gixxer was bought brand new, but as a young kid it was more than I could afford and probably more than I could handle (I know what 144 mph feels like), so I sold it. The Katana was a crash damage that I fixed, rode, and sold. The Intruder was not a crash damage but did not run and was severely neglected. I fixed it, brought it back to better than showroom, rode it for 5 years and sold it for a profit (with a few trophies from local bike shows). The CBR was a crash damage that needed bodywork and forks, I fixed everything except one side panel (which was the GOOD side of the crash), rode it 2 years and sold it for a profit. Then I decided to get away from street bikes for a year, but got the itch and bought the V-Star which was...........a crash damage. I went through that one, like the others, but pulled out all the stops and went custom on most of the stuff. A couple more trophies at local bike shows with it. Traded it for my Z-400 which was new. I still see the V-Star from time to time as the dealer sold it to a local guy who absolutely loves it.

Out of all the bikes I owned, I have to say the V-Star was my favorite one. It looked, sounded, and drove the coolest out of all of them. Even though it was "only" a 650, it definately rocked.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Show off
That's some serious stuff right there

i have/had quite a few exotic toys but here is a godd shot taken about 18 months ago

left to right:

1992 honda nr750
1997 bimota v-due
2002 benelli tornado tre l.e.
2003 mondial piega
2005 mv agusta tamborini
2000 bimota sb8rs
2006 benelli tnt
2005 ducati 999r

·
Registered
911 Posts
Show off
That's some serious stuff right there
it helps to do this for a living. i am really excited about the spyder and unlike most of you, i'm anxious to get one into the shop so we can start tearing it apart. i promise we will do a better job of delivering parts than brp has done with the spyder.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it helps to do this for a living. i am really excited about the spyder and unlike most of you, i'm anxious to get one into the shop so we can start tearing it apart. i promise we will do a better job of delivering parts than brp has done with the spyder.
We all look forward to your observations and products.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
DIDO Ken really enjoy your expertise on the forum as well as your thoughts and humor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
post1.jpg
I have a 2000 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic (FHLTCI) and I tow a trailer. Great bike for road trips. Cruise control, Radio, MP3 player and GPS really help on the long trips. BUT, I have not been riding it, been having too much fun getting used to my SPYDER. The Spyder is quick, stable and gets a lot of attention. Does a mean burn out too !

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know not everyone interested in a Spyder is coming off a bike, but many are. Let's see your current or past rides.

This was my last that I recently sold...probably a mistake in the long run, but gone now.
I have a 2008 Ducati S2R 1000 Monser for riding alone, and my 2008 Yellow Spyder for riding 2 up with the wife.

·
Registered
307 Posts
burgman baby!!!!! a silver 2003 suzuki burgman 650, touring windscreen aux lights, 2 up seating, sweet machine, put 23,000 miles on it!!!! and its gone!!!!!!!!
and now I have NOTHING!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
801 Posts

I recently sold my very rare and low mileage (<6,000 miles) 1986 Honda Rebel 450. Only made for 2 years...
SANY0537.JPG

I still have my 'baby' that I don't ride - 1971 Honda SL350, less than 2,500 miles on that one...

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
M A R C ..........................

What am I doing wrong. I continue to reduce the size of my picttures and no matter how small I make them, I keep getting the following message: The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
M A R C ..........................

What am I doing wrong. I continue to reduce the size of my picttures and no matter how small I make them, I keep getting the following message: The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.
You can link to any size pic if it is hosted elsewhere with this button
. If you want to upload here, the picture needs to be under 70K. Here's a link to our Help Center with some information that may help.

Help Center Picture resizing page

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wonder sometimes why I purchased the Spyder since it is definetely not my style of riding. However, each time I ride the Spyder I have a blast! I don't think I will ever get rid of my two-wheelers. There is nothing as exhillarating as nailing a perfect curve in full lean and powering out of it at full throttle!

Of the bikes shown, I think I like my new 2007 Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 ABS the best. It is an awesome bike for he money. I have added a Holeshot performance kit and it rips.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Here is my previous ride (Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic) that I sold in September.....awaiting the spyder.

bike2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Before the Spyder I rode and owned the following;

Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
Harley Davidson Road Glide
Harley Davidson Road King Classic
Harley Davidson Street Glide
Harley Davidson Night Rod
FJR1300 (06 and 07)