Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well just got the call from my dealer. Looks like the northern and central Cali dealers will get deliveries this week and next. Southern Cali folks like me will get deliveries some where around 11/14... to funny. I really feel sorry for the dealers. I think BRP has short changed them and their customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well just got the call from my dealer. Looks like the northern and central Cali dealers will get deliveries this week and next. Southern Cali folks like me will get deliveries some where around 11/14... to funny. I really feel sorry for the dealers. I think BRP has short changed them and their customers.
why do you think that brp short changed the dlrs... did you think that maybe the delivery delay could be casued becasue of all the fires down in CA. ??? I don't understand

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Believe it when you see them

·
Registered
28 Posts
By short changed I mean BRP has been useless when it comes to information. I don't think they have given much help to the dealer network. Seems like each dealer get a different answer from BRP. By the way, I don't think the fires are the issue.
I agree 100%. As of today I have recieved a total of seven delivery dates and none have been correct. Let's hope the eight is a charm.
Have you ever thought that maybe your dlr is the issue, my dlr seems to be kept well informed, Who are you dealing with at the dlship for your info???

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I have seen "relationship" issues between dealers and snowmobile and bike makers for years. From my experience, BRP has no reason not to tell the same story to all the dealers. So if the dealers are "passing on" different information or don't have information they want to share, it likely is due to them trying to play the "goodguy" with the buyer and blame BRP for any delays, issues, etc.

I'm not saying the delays are a point of frustration, but some dealers seem to be handling the situation better than others.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you ever thought that maybe your dlr is the issue, my dlr seems to be kept well informed, Who are you dealing with at the dlship for your info???
My dealer is not the issue as I have sat in his office and listened on the speaker phone to the BRP rep tell us time and time again that his delivery would be in next week. I've heard that same line several times and to date have received seven different delivery dates. If BRP would just tell me what is going on I would truly be greatful. To add insult whenever you call BRP you get the same line "Your dealer will have delivery information"

·
Registered
801 Posts
My $0.02...

There is a communication channel between the manufacturer and the dealer network. It's called BOSSWeb (http://www.bossweb.brp.com). It's how updates, AVAILABILITY, and recalls are communicated out to the dealers that sell BRP products. I'm not too sure that the dealers are all using it...The ones that DO are well-informed and provide good communications to their customers. The ones that DO NOT appear to have their
up their
!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My $0.02...

There is a communication channel between the manufacturer and the dealer network. It's called BOSSWeb (http://www.bossweb.brp.com). It's how updates, AVAILABILITY, and recalls are communicated out to the dealers that sell BRP products. I'm not too sure that the dealers are all using it...The ones that DO are well-informed and provide good communications to their customers. The ones that DO NOT appear to have their
up their
!

LOL... I sat with the dealer as he navitaged through that site and yes it does have a great deal of information. The only problem is that it is wrong info!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I hope your delivery is what they say.
Somehow I have become a synacle man, never was before.
I am planning on March 31st...won't be disappointed then

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope your delivery is what they say.
Somehow I have become a synacle man, never was before.
I am planning on March 31st...won't be disappointed then
LOL... until your dealer calls and says "There has been a delay with emissions, system bios, customs, California fires and crating problems so your Spyder will not be delivered until June 2008.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Just returned from a long visit with my dealer and I'm heading back over about 11am tomorrow.
The truck driver called this morning to schedule a delivery time, he says noon, so I'm going to be there with camera in hand.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Just returned from a long visit with my dealer and I'm heading back over about 11am tomorrow.
The truck driver called this morning to schedule a delivery time, he says noon, so I'm going to be there with camera in hand.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
LOL... until your dealer calls and says "There has been a delay with emissions, system bios, customs, California fires and crating problems so your Spyder will not be delivered until June 2008.
LOL ...Now if that happens, I have a spyder for sale

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Nice...what number are you and when did you order?
I'm number one and ordered in March, but I'm not sure the ordering date has much to do with when the Spyders are delivered.
I'm new to this forum and just joined recently, I had plans of posting pictures of the off loading,un-crating and any other pictures I can
capture well at the dealer. But after reading all of the posts and complaints about us FL/CA owners receiving Spyders, and having all year
to ride, (which in my opinion is a bit of an exaggeration) I'm having second thoughts about causing any more issues to be complained about.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm number one and ordered in March, but I'm not sure the ordering date has much to do with when the Spyders are delivered.
I'm new to this forum and just joined recently, I had plans of posting pictures of the off loading,un-crating and any other pictures I can
capture well at the dealer. But after reading all of the posts and complaints about us FL/CA owners receiving Spyders, and having all year
to ride, (which in my opinion is a bit of an exaggeration) I'm having second thoughts about causing any more issues to be complained about.
Don't feel bad...we are all happy for you.
Just share any useful information for us.
Waiting unpatiently in SO CA

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh come on, Post them. We are all anxious, and some will have to wait. Yes I am getting heated grips put on mine so I can ride in the cold. But there is rarely snow in Bakersfield. What dealer are you dealing with?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes please post. We are happy for you and it would be good to see how they look uncrated.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Post them. :rolleyes: We are going to complain about not getting ours but never you getting yours.
I am positve that when you ordered has NOTHING to do with when you will get one. I really think they are chasing the shows and events. What is it, 85 % of the population lives with in and hour of the coasts?

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Purchased from D-H Cycles in Modesto, about 30 miles to the south and so far I'm happy with their performance and inviting me over for the arrival of Spydie.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts