Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Just talked to my dealer in Mass. and they still haven't heard much of anything more than we have. He said he would be real surprised if they had shipped any yet. He has been following the forums too and basically we know as much as they do. Obviously Brp has let them down. He thinks they'll start coming through mid-October. I'm in the middle somewhere, and probably wont see one till spring which is ok with me as storage was going to be a problem for me. Hey, maybe I'll even have enough to pay for it by then.

Just thought I'd pass this along to all you nail bitters.

Teach

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Seems a little odd that BRP would contact many dealers...but not all

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Seems a little odd that BRP would contact many dealers...but not all
The dealer was telling me the arrival was the last week in Sept.

Nowwwwww!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I was at Fun Bike Center in San Diego Ca. picking Acces. and the BRP rep and Perry (Fun Bike) are telling me the week of Oct 15th.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The dealer was telling me the arrival was the last week in Sept.

Nowwwwww!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I was at Fun Bike Center in San Diego Ca. picking Acces. and the BRP rep and Perry (Fun Bike) are telling me the week of Oct 15th.
Contacted my Dealer today and was told that their first shipment of (4) would arrive in the first week of Oct. I'm #7, so perhaps the 2dn or 3rd week of Oct.
The delay according to my Dealer is...and I quote, "Packaging" issues with the Spyder. Seems a bit far fetched to me but what do I know.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Anytime someone posts the delivery date please also post where you are located....Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It would really be helpful if members could have the state they reside in listed under their name.

Most forums have access to "view new posts". As this forum gets busier, it would really be a time saver to have that here too. No need to scan through dozens of old posts looking to find the new ones.

Richard

·
Registered
307 Posts
Think about the numbers alone, The BRP rep said that 10 to 12 spyders would be produced each day, fullfilling the first shipments by x-mas. at 12 a day, they are going going to have built 120ish spyders by the end of this week, for arrival the first week of Oct. limit each dealer to 3 (from what I have heard), and you get 40 dealers getting spyders. In Ma alone there are 4 dealers. Some have more, some have less, and one isnt getting any. so you have 11 states, getting 120 spyders potentially. This means there will be a few dealers that wont get shipments in the first week of Oct. or in oct period potentally depending on how many dealers there are. Any numbers on how many dealers?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Think about the numbers alone, The BRP rep said that 10 to 12 spyders would be produced each day, fullfilling the first shipments by x-mas. at 12 a day, they are going going to have built 120ish spyders by the end of this week, for arrival the first week of Oct. limit each dealer to 3 (from what I have heard), and you get 40 dealers getting spyders. In Ma alone there are 4 dealers. Some have more, some have less, and one isnt getting any. so you have 11 states, getting 120 spyders potentially. This means there will be a few dealers that wont get shipments in the first week of Oct. or in oct period potentally depending on how many dealers there are. Any numbers on how many dealers?
But remember....most dealers are getting atleast 1 and some 2 demo units for themselves....and I know mine said his are coming with the first shipment.

·
Registered
307 Posts
But remember....most dealers are getting atleast 1 and some 2 demo units for themselves....and I know mine said his are coming with the first shipment.
So are you thinking less dealers will get units? and dealer demos will take presedence over actual orders by customers? I would imagine BRP wanting to get out all the actual paying customer orders vrs filling up fluff with the dealers. thoughts?

·
Registered
314 Posts
It would really be helpful if members could have the state they reside in listed under their name.

Most forums have access to "view new posts". As this forum gets busier, it would really be a time saver to have that here too. No need to scan through dozens of old posts looking to find the new ones.
Richard
if you look you CAN put where you live as i have..but being able to see last post instead of the first post so i don't have to scroll to bottom would be nice. i use the next newest,next oldest at bottom .if there is a way to see the last post at top when you view them duh i have'nt found it .

·
Registered
856 Posts
FYI for anyone who has ordered from a NY Dealer.

Speaking with some other dealers around New York State it looks like no one is getting any confirmation when delivery will be but most are hoping by mid October.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Contacted my Dealer today and was told that their first shipment of (4) would arrive in the first week of Oct. I'm #7, so perhaps the 2dn or 3rd week of Oct.
The delay according to my Dealer is...and I quote, "Packaging" issues with the Spyder. Seems a bit far fetched to me but what do I know.
Was told the same thing about shipping issues. Apparently they won't quite fit 2 wide on the trucks as they expected. Gotta figure if they can only ship half as many at a time that would be a determining factor in delivery time.

Dealer aslo said BRP told him to expect all of his 14 before the end of October.

Florida

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it would be awfully kind and generous if all those of you in the frozen north allow all the initial units to be shipped to warmer climates where we can ride all winter!

·
Registered
58 Posts
NVR2L8, you think maryland taxes are high....try NY. I Live in a tiny 2 bedroom, 45 year old house and my taxes are $7,000/year (Which is VERY LOW for our area). The normal 4 bedroom house here, taxes are close to $10,000 and newer, high end houses are over $20,000!!!!

A lot of people pay more monthly in taxes than their mortgage!

--John

·
Registered
708 Posts
I hope the local economy helps to off-set those incredible tax rates. We pay around $3,000.00 per year for our place and it sits on a nice 5 acre wooded lot. Lots & lots of trees.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well all of you need to move to beautiful Alabama. I live in a home that is assesses for over a million dollars and do not pay any taxes because I am over 65 years old. If I was under 65 my taxes would be $2,900.00 annually. :>)

·
Registered
314 Posts
just called my dealer and he said he has no info YET...wow same thing i been hearing over &over OVER &over.. aagggggggghhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
12 Posts
I placed my deposit on May 27, 2007. Talk to my dealer in Orlando, Fl today. I am number 17 on his allocation list. He is scheduled to receive 7 units the beginning of October. The next 7 units will arrive in December. The next 7 units in February. Theoretically, I will not get my unit till February. According to the dealer he has had some buyers earlier on the allocation list request to defer thier purchase to later in the shipment cycle, rotating the all the names on the list earlier. He cannot promise, but feels that I may actually receive mine in December.

It could be a very Merry Christmas . . ..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well all of you need to move to beautiful Alabama. I live in a home that is assesses for over a million dollars and do not pay any taxes because I am over 65 years old. If I was under 65 my taxes would be $2,900.00 annually. :>)
Is there any catch to not having to pay property taxes once you reach 65 ???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts