Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My husband and I just got back from our Demo ride at our dealership where we had already put our deposits down. The ride was almost an hour long and we got to go out together. Our "guide" used his own motorcycle so that we could both ride a Spyder. We are buying from Nord Ride in Mt. Morris, MI (just north of Flint). We took a little skills test prior to the ride and we were shown all the details about the Spyder. This dealership most definitely wants to sell these Spyders. We went out on open roads and in traffic and varying speeds and road conditions. It was just great!! Last week when we went to a different dealership,(Burton, just south of Flint) they acted like it was an incovience to let us take them out or to show us anything. I knew more about the product than they did. Another customer was there and he asked all kinds of questions which the salesman could not answer. We only got to drive 5 minutes around the block and had to go one at a time with no rep or guide with us. So dealerships do vary tremendously even within the same area.

I asked at Nord Ride today when they are expecting their first shipment. (even though ours won't be here until March) He said in the next week or two with no exact date. He also told me something interesting. He said each dealership is only getting 3 Spyders in their first shipment and all the rest will be delivered in the Spring. Do the math, that makes sense. 166 dealerships x 3 = 498 Spyders. That leaves 102 Spyders out of the first 600 for company executives and VIP's and people like that. I hope that information doesn't upset too many people if it is correct. Happy riding everyone. Now I am even more excited for March to get here.
Deb

Oh yeah, here is a quick camera phone photo of my husband and me getting ready for our ride. I'm on the silver one he is on the yellow one. That is how we ordered our own.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer and read this post. He told me he is only getting three.....hmm....interesting.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Thanks for the up date. I was doing the math thing myself and trying to figure out what they really were going to be able to deliver this fall. BRP says 150 dealers and I counted 144 on the website. You would think they should be showing up at dealers soon as they would start running our of room to store them at the factory. the lack of them showing up yet has me wondering about "issues" and production problems. I have the same experience at dealers and truly believe that BRP should be kind to us first owners as we will be selling it more than dealers. You think they would have timed the release date a couple months ago to at least get them on the road this fall.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer and read this post. He told me he is only getting three.....hmm....interesting.
My dealer in Ft Myers Florida stated 4 & 2 demos and at the time I ordered (March), I was told the dealer in Jacksonville was getting 9.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Another thing that I was told by dealer is that they can't give estimates because of the problems that alot of dealers got into a couple of years ago with rev snowmobiles. They gave the estimated dates that the computer system showed and they ended not coming in until 2 months ago and had alot of pissed customers around the country. So I guess BRP makes sure now that no dealers gives estimates. This explains why no one seems to be getting answers from their dealers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My dealer called me the first week of June and told me my Spyder would be here in 2 weeks. Then 3 weeks later, they told me that was bad info from the rep but it would be here 4th week of Sept. Maybe he meant Sept 2008!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Contacted the sales representative about the "rumor" that I heard (3 or 4 units per dealership until '08) and she sent an e-mail to BRP to get confirmation on delivery dates (CC'd me on the letter, too). I'll let you know as soon as I hear back...

·
Registered
324 Posts
In one of my postings I reported that my dealer said he was told by a BRP rep that only one will arrive in his first shipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts