hi can any body help
my idicators have stop working , then they work then they stop ,

please can any body recommend a starting point . to find the fault ,
i have check water ingress on connections , lamps

thanks dan

·
NautiBrit
243 Posts
This sounds like a ground wire problem, which can be very difficult to diagnose. Take it to the dealer and let them check it, it's under warranty.

·
Registered
911 Posts
...my idicators have stop working , then they work then they stop...
so i understand correctly, you turn on the turn signal and it comes on, then it goes out and then it comes on again and keeps repeating...

seriously, a little more info would help. are you talking about the turn signals? if so, do both sides do the same thing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi very funny , yes the problems is when the bike is turned on it works ok and then when i get 100 yards down the road the turn signals just do not work,

then i will have a day when the problem does not occure and the deal said only bring it back if it has the problem so they can find it , as the indicator function is so intermitent i am find it hard to track , so any recomendation would be handy

·
Registered
911 Posts
ok, so both left & right turn signals do not function when you have the problem - correct? when this problem occurs, do the turn signals flash when you put the bike in reverse?

·
Registered
911 Posts
dan,

i'm trying to help here but you need to specifically answer the questions:

1. when the problem appears, is just the left side, right side or both?
2. when the problem appears, is just the fronts, rears or both?
3. when the problem appears, do the turn signals flash when you turn on the hazards switch?
4. when the problem appears, have you tried rocking the turn signal switch side to side?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dan,

i'm trying to help here but you need to specifically answer the questions:

1. when the problem appears, is just the left side, right side or both?
2. when the problem appears, is just the fronts, rears or both?
3. when the problem appears, do the turn signals flash when you turn on the hazards switch?
4. when the problem appears, have you tried rocking the turn signal switch side to side?
hi sorry

the problem, it is both front and rear both side , i have tried rocking the rocker switch , no response , and reset position
the hazard switch if working correctly , and all lamps flash ,
when i first turn on the bike ingition to on the turn signals will work for 2 0r 3 mins then stop , when i turm on egine the turn signals work then non reponsive
this has happen when i was riding not very fare from home ,
when i go to turn on again the turn signals are none responsive , so intermitent ,
tonight i tride a new main relay 1 and also small relay , still none responsive ,
this is after they worked for about 5 mins then non responsive , i have a idea it may be something to do with the auto cancel,

what do you think

thanks

dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
hi sorry

the problem, it is both front and rear both side , i have tried rocking the rocker switch , no response , and reset position
the hazard switch if working correctly , and all lamps flash ,
when i first turn on the bike ingition to on the turn signals will work for 2 0r 3 mins then stop , when i turm on egine the turn signals work then non reponsive
this has happen when i was riding not very fare from home ,
when i go to turn on again the turn signals are none responsive , so intermitent ,
tonight i tride a new main relay 1 and also small relay , still none responsive ,
this is after they worked for about 5 mins then non responsive , i have a idea it may be something to do with the auto cancel,

what do you think

thanks

dan
i'm really stumped on this one. i will need to do a little more research.

·
Lets RYde
669 Posts
In your fuse box. There is a 10A fuse that controls the turn signals and the clock. The fuse may not be completely bad, but just bad enough to screw up the functioning of the turn signals. I would replace this fuse just to see if it makes a difference. It may not, but what the heck its an inexpensive test.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In your fuse box. There is a 10A fuse that controls the turn signals and the clock. The fuse may not be completely bad, but just bad enough to screw up the functioning of the turn signals. I would replace this fuse just to see if it makes a difference. It may not, but what the heck its an inexpensive test.
thanks guys
i have got so sick of this i dove to the dealer today , they said it may be a cluster fault and they will replace it anyway , brp tech said as it is intermitent it could be cpu oriantated , so they know start to change parts till they fix it,
and guess what happened , as soon as i got back from the dealer they started to bloody work
just my luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks guys
i have got so sick of this i dove to the dealer today , they said it may be a cluster fault and they will replace it anyway , brp tech said as it is intermitent it could be cpu oriantated , so they know start to change parts till they fix it,
and guess what happened , as soon as i got back from the dealer they started to bloody work
just my luck
Tap on the gauge cluster if they work it's in the cluster, mine is doing the same thing, I have to tap on it every other time I turn I'm goin to replace my cluster soon, but it's like 400 to 500 dollar to replace it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts