Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Alex. My dad and my Uncle Craig (who is not really my uncle but I call him that) run SpyderTalk. I've ridden hundreds of miles on the back of my dad's Spyder GS and yesterday we spent the day testing the new RT. I thought I would give my impressions of the RT from the passenger's seat. Compared to our Spyder which has the backrest, riding the RT as a passenger is much different. As for comfort level, the RT is worlds better. The seat itself is large, and the backrest seems to wrap itself around you eliminating the need to hold on or sit forward when taking off. If you are not holding onto the grips, there are small padded armrests big enough for your elbow to rest on. The way the RT seat wraps around the rider does not allow for as much leaning into corners compared to our Spyder. With the RT however, the worry factor is completely gone as you could probably go on an entire ride without once touching the handles through corners, over bumps, or at take off. You sit higher on the RT which does provide better vision, but there is a little more wind on my helmet (keep in mind I am 5'10" tall). The RT foot rests are huge. They are very nice compared to the tiny pegs on our Spyder. The hand grips have the option of being heated and they made a big difference while riding home last night. The radio controls in the back are great, although my dad was blasting country music all day. Overall for me, it comes down to what type of ride I would be going on to pick my favorite. Long rides and the comfortable RT wins any day. Shorter rides for fun and performance, I like our Spyder since you feel like you are part of the ride and it's probably more fun.

Here's a video I took from our ride yesterday.

And here is a picture of me at the Mt. Morris Dam overlook in Letchworth State Park

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi I'm Alex. My dad and my Uncle Craig (who is not really my uncle but I call him that) run SpyderTalk. I've ridden hundreds of miles on the back of my dad's Spyder GS and yesterday we spent the day testing the new RT. I thought I would give my impressions of the RT from the passenger's seat. Compared to our Spyder which has the backrest, riding the RT as a passenger is much different. As for comfort level, the RT is worlds better. The seat itself is large, and the backrest seems to wrap itself around you eliminating the need to hold on or sit forward when taking off. If you are not holding onto the grips, there are small padded armrests big enough for your elbow to rest on. The way the RT seat wraps around the rider does not allow for as much leaning into corners compared to our Spyder. With the RT however, the worry factor is completely gone as you could probably go on an entire ride without once touching the handles through corners, over bumps, or at take off. You sit higher on the RT which does provide better vision, but there is a little more wind on my helmet (keep in mind I am 5'10" tall). The RT foot rests are huge. They are very nice compared to the tiny pegs on our Spyder. The hand grips have the option of being heated and they made a big difference while riding home last night. The radio controls in the back are great, although my dad was blasting country music all day. Overall for me, it comes down to what type of ride I would be going on to pick my favorite. Long rides and the comfortable RT wins any day. Shorter rides for fun and performance, I like our Spyder since you feel like you are part of the ride and it's probably more fun.

And here is a picture of me at the Mt. Morris Dam overlook in Letchworth State Park
Great review , Alex , remind your Dad the speed limit in the section of Park Road he was on is 35...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
good job alex just the post annette and i were looking for . thanks for the vid too. i did not know that the passenger had radio controls . could you post a video of a walk around of the rt-s pointing out all the feature's ie; you sitting on the rt-s with your arms on the arm rest , all the different controls
passenger and rider. the outlets in the moduler rear trunk and what they are for . and etc etc . things that are exciting about the unit. thanxs again
bill and annette

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good job alex just the post annette and i were looking for . thanks for the vid too. i did not know that the passenger had radio controls . could you post a video of a walk around of the rt-s pointing out all the feature's ie; you sitting on the rt-s with your arms on the arm rest , all the different controls
passenger and rider. the outlets in the moduler rear trunk and what they are for . and etc etc . things that are exciting about the unit. thanxs again
bill and annette
Sure we can do that

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Good report Marc and Alex

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

Great review, Alex, and excellent video as well! Well done!

Bruce

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks for posting your view from the passenger seat. We appreciate you opinions.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for posting your view from the passenger seat. We appreciate you opinions.
i see you and your lovley bride are going to a different destination for your birthday, yep i remember
you will be missed at the rally this year have fun and and be safe . hope to see you next yr.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts