Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm putting my Spyder order on eBay this week. I live in Chicago and it will start snowing in a month or so, so I'm going to flip it and hopefully it will be a good investment. I will then put that money towards another Spyder for the second shipment when Spring hits cold Chicago.

I've got a yellow/black Spyder on order for one of the Michigan dealerships. They are only releasing 3 at first and it should come in the end of September-early October.

I will post on this thread when I put it up. I'm looking to just sell my order before I pay for it. So instead of it coming to me, my salesman will work with the person that won the auction. I doubt my salesman will care since I'm buying another one from him.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I'm putting my Spyder order on eBay this week. I live in Chicago and it will start snowing in a month or so, so I'm going to flip it and hopefully it will be a good investment. I will then put that money towards another Spyder for the second shipment when Spring hits cold Chicago.

I've got a yellow/black Spyder on order for one of the Michigan dealerships. They are only releasing 3 at first and it should come in the end of September-early October.

I will post on this thread when I put it up. I'm looking to just sell my order before I pay for it. So instead of it coming to me, my salesman will work with the person that won the auction. I doubt my salesman will care since I'm buying another one from him.

Thanks all!
I think this is in bad taste... to take up one just to turn a buck... when someone else might have really wanted that unit.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Kinda like what folks were doing with the new Sony PS3's when they first hit the market. People were selling they're spot in line and getting CRAZY $$$ for it.
You would fair much better if you "actually" had the product available as opposed to a place in line. Only because most people just don't know what a Spyder is yet. I thought about doing the same thing but decided against it.
Good Luck, just the same.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this will be a debate kind of issue, but I am waiting for the electric manual anyways and put the deposit down early in the year, I didn't know back then that the auto was going to be 6 months later then the manual. So I figured that this will be a good investment towards my auto Can-Am.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes I am happy now. Thank you
Mine isn't for sale no matter what the money, I waited since February for it and I want it and all the options along with it. It's like my first vette, I waited for , it came in and I still have it 24 years later. For some, It's just not about the money, it's about the passion of having wahat others want and can't get. My first owners group spyder will be in my stable forever.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im hearing people are willing to pay upwards of $30,000 for a spyder. Think of the celebs and football players...... With that kind of profit you could sell your first and get one in the spring for "free".

I pretty much got my mind made up on keeping mine, but dam, at those numbers it makes you think. If it gets over 35K, im going ebay and going for the spring order too.

--John

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. I ordered mine first week of March and it is basically for the wife as I have a Rune and a M109 but if prices get crazy and they will for those who want one NOW, then I would sell mine and reorder for 2008 and basically get mine for free.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
isit on ebay yet?
I'm just going to pay off the bike, and whom ever wants it can work with the dealership regarding shipping which they can arrange, but I have to be payed in full. I'll have it up on eBay tomorrow or Thursday. Thank you

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
$25k

1 - 20 of 43 Posts