Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, all u renagade owner i need your opinions. I am wondering if i should update my race quad. i currently race a 800 outlander in super challenge races, cross country, some motocross, and tt racing. all in utility classes and some 2 wheel drive classes. From wat i read on the differences from the renagade to the outlander is minimal. some shocking, wheels tires, body work, clutching, and thats about it. on my outie i have dalton clutch kit, full ron woods racing kit, elka shocks quad rate springs, racing rims and tires. so my question is wat do u think i would be gaining. i mean the only real reason i would purchase this to race is because it has a motocrassy body on it. which in turn makes it easier to race that u can c the tires easier and there is less things to break when involved in a wreck. rather then bending those crappy aluminum brackets that hold the outie body work on.

so how r these things for handling compared to the outie. oh one of the other big reasons that seems to be a big update is the new positioning of the front shockes. rather that being mounted at a 90 degree angle the are slanted more which i think would correct the outkanders habit of lifting the inside rear tire.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kid...You're right about that...From what I understand they tweaked the frame to give it a better shock angle.... that may be a big difference for you if your racing. The HPG shocks and ITP meats are pretty awesome so far. I'm going riding today and tomorrow... I'll try to come back with some constructive thoughts!
It sounds like you have a pretty sweet setup already! I've only rode a 650 Outty and an 800 EXT with a plow on the front at the dealership so I can't verify how it really compares.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts