Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiked Algonquin Peak last weekend. Had a great time, weather was perfect other than the temps and wind on the summit were winterlike. Not sure if any of you hike the mountains, but it's a great experience if you get the chance.

Here are a few pics.

Marc

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like fun, I do alot of hiking, mostly in the Southern Tier of NY(Allegany State Park, Letchworth, Watkins Glen, and our hunting camp in Wellsville/Scio). I also hiked(and primitive camped), in the Pharoh Lake Wilderness Area in Essex County, that was great, nobody around cept the small group of people I was with, tons of small lakes, and we must have hiked a good 20 miles that day when we looked at the map(12 on map, 20 accounts for the zig-zags on trails).

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like fun, I do alot of hiking, mostly in the Southern Tier of NY(Allegany State Park, Letchworth, Watkins Glen, and our hunting camp in Wellsville/Scio). I also hiked(and primitive camped), in the Pharoh Lake Wilderness Area in Essex County, that was great, nobody around cept the small group of people I was with, tons of small lakes, and we must have hiked a good 20 miles that day when we looked at the map(12 on map, 20 accounts for the zig-zags on trails).
Glenn, I am from the Rochester area too. Where do you hike in in Watkins Glen (my wife is from there)...just in the State Park or other spots. I hunt Letchworth in the Fall and grew up on its border, so I know it well. Great place that not many outside WNY know about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glenn, I am from the Rochester area too. Where do you hike in in Watkins Glen (my wife is from there)...just in the State Park or other spots. I hunt Letchworth in the Fall and grew up on its border, so I know it well. Great place that not many outside WNY know about.
I've just hiked the State park for the most part, unless you count the times I go fly-fishing wading up Catherine Creek.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice pics CHEERS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.