Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished up riding for the day and put many miles and hours on the spyder (demo) on the highway. Here is what I found:
the windscreen is horrible as we all knew, it creates a large volume of wind noise in the helmet (yes I wear one by law). The spider handles ok but tends to float some. Example, the grove on the tar roads where it is traveled heavely, leaves a "hump" in the middle of the lane, the spyder tends to drift off this so you find yourself often "slideing" from the middle of the lane. I also noticed that if at higher speeds, you are in a turn of just a few degrees, the spyder wheels loose contact over larger bumps and the spyder front tends to slide to the outside of the turn by a couple of inches so beware of that tidbit. There was no head buffering as the wind hit your entire upper torso. The spyder shifts lanes VERY quickly if you dont watch your manners, a slight twist of that handle bar and it will turn on a dime. The lights throw lights in the correct direction, but I feel that they are not "brite" enough and the use of fog lights will be needed. The stearing locking is very simple to use, even though it is locked in a garage, I still lock the steering to the side. It was only in the 40's so again, I looked for the warmth from the spyder to keep my warm as I rode. I suggest "muffens" from the snowmobiles, and put them on the spyders for colder riding weather.

I also found I smack my knee on the rear hand bars often if I mount the spyder from the ground vrs standing on the peg and running my leg over it. I am 5'7" tall though and taller riders should have no issue.

It was a true head turner and as I rode through the city, I was stopped often for photos, and to have people ask questions, again though, it is a dealer demo so I handed out the remainder of his cards and then did the word of mouth thing after that to evey one else. I had people taking photos of me while on the highway, stop lights and in general traffic.

my 3 day demo ride is comming to an end now, tomorrow it goes back,, with luck,, mine will show up this week!!! I just purchased the lights for the under carriage for the front and rear, cant wait to get it all hooked up and running!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did the First Owners Jacket treat you?
good question, THe first owners jacket fits well, almost the same color silver as the spyder. The riding temp was about 58 degrees F and I found it ok at that temp. Later on in the day though, when the temps dropped into the upper 40's, I found that the air did pass through and I did get chilled. I am going to post a report on cold weather riding in a moment as it was 27 degrees,, yes,, twenty seven when I returned it this am. The jacket looked awesome though, along with my silver helmet, jacket and spyder!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts