Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy/gals and welcome , stay around as long as you want.

I have 2 GTSE 800 Twins 2002, and I only have 1 beef about them, the fuel milage is ( to me anyway ) realy , realy low, my wife and I both average only about 60 miles per tank, this is since new, we ( ok she ) does not get on to it that much, dealer has rejeted but milage still was bad.
We love them and the power and speed of them , but sure would love to get more milage out of a tank full.

Thanks
Wolf ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
There was an update for the 02 carbs but it was for a lean condition at midrange.What kind of riding do you doo? groomed trails or boondockin?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was an update for the 02 carbs but it was for a lean condition at midrange.What kind of riding do you doo? groomed trails or boondockin?
Always on groomed trails and maybe what the deal did doo was that recall, but he said he was addressing my low milage issue.

Thanks
Wolf

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 800's were all bad for heating up (EGT) when the throttle was held in the midrange for a long period. BUT, they were all jetted pretty fat in WOT (main jet). I'm assuming your dealer went down a size or two on the MJs....probably into a 480 or so. Lots of us mountain guys put aftermarket heads such as RKT Heads which have a hemi dome instead of a "bathtub" combustion chamber. Most of us were able to jet down to 460 or 450 (still running the DPM) and mileage was greatly improved. Keep in mind in the mountains we run WFO all the time....very little for long midrange pulls. Get a hold of Big John at Sledhead Racing (tell him DaveB says he's a little bastage!!)....he's a flatlander with a huge welth of knowledge about Doo's.

Sledhead Racing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts