Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that my dealer which I placed my deposit is no longer in business. BRP has my order and it is confirmed, but they cannot, or will not, let me know when to expect any type of update. I have contacted other dealers and they will deliver it to me. BRP says there is a lot of things that must be done first before any transfers can take place. They can't even tell me how my allocation number will affect delivery at another dealer. This is not a good situation but I have waited this long, I am trying to keep calm and see how BRP handles this. I also have a Ski-Doo ordered and it should be here very soon, happened to be ordered with the same dealer. Appears I am in deep sh------! My orders are confirmed with deposits, BRP has no idea how they will get them to me as of yet. Any words of advice or inspiration?

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Seems that my dealer which I placed my deposit is no longer in business. BRP has my order and it is confirmed, but they cannot, or will not, let me know when to expect any type of update. I have contacted other dealers and they will deliver it to me. BRP says there is a lot of things that must be done first before any transfers can take place. They can't even tell me how my allocation number will affect delivery at another dealer. This is not a good situation but I have waited this long, I am trying to keep calm and see how BRP handles this. I also have a Ski-Doo ordered and it should be here very soon, happened to be ordered with the same dealer. Appears I am in deep sh------! My orders are confirmed with deposits, BRP has no idea how they will get them to me as of yet. Any words of advice or inspiration?
I would go to the next closest dealer and get with their BRP Rep to work it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try calling the Hollywood Honda MC and see if Mike the store manager can help (888-573-2366) good luck. :rolleyes:
I think marc's advice is best.......
Open the yellow pages and contact all the can am and brp dealers in your area.

Do not forget to post here the most helpful ones!

Could of happened to any of us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't want to say in the open forum but it is in the Sacramento, CA area. How can I get in touch with my area BRP rep?
If you are near Sacramento, CA contact American Marine Sports at 916-635-4644. They are in Rancho Cordova off of 50 and Sunrise. 11379 Pyrites Way, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670.
That is where I did my demo ride and they all seemed very helpful. Two of the sales guys I met were Jeff Allen and SeanMGrane. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you are near Sacramento, CA contact American Marine Sports at 916-635-4644. They are in Rancho Cordova off of 50 and Sunrise. 11379 Pyrites Way, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670.
That is where I did my demo ride and they all seemed very helpful. Two of the sales guys I met were Jeff Allen and SeanMGrane. Good luck.
Talk to Shawn, he is a great guy and is friends with the BRP rep. I also think he is control of the store itself or management executive.
Tell him Greg from SO CA sent you...I have been talking with him several times and he is extremely helpful and has ridden this bike for thousands of miles

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talk to Shawn, he is a great guy and is friends with the BRP rep. I also think he is control of the store itself or management executive.
Tell him Greg from SO CA sent you...I have been talking with him several times and he is extremely helpful and has ridden this bike for thousands of miles
Thanks for all of the input. I am hoping BRP can step up and take control of this and do what is fair. I have talked to a dealer in Redding, CA and the MGR will be in touch with the Rep this coming week. I hope the details can get worked out quickly so I know where I stand in the allocation and delivery. Guess time will tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts