Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called me this morning and told me to plan on coming down to Florida on Oct 9th to pickup my spyder. He said i am getting their first unit and he may need to change the date by a day or two each way but BRP has given him dates this morning and it was definate.

Anyone else get that phone call yet?

--John

·
Registered
324 Posts
My dealer had both me and BRP on the line and I was told that mine will be here in about two weeks. Also, I was finally able to order the Touring windshield and that should be delivered around the first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No delivery date from my Tampa dealer but he says his allotment should be big enough to handle all the pre-orders. I'm hoping to get it in 2 weeks like they are promising. I was driving from Chicago to Fla for the winter and got a call from a pollster hired by Can-Am to answer a bunch of questions about my Spyder purchase and pre-order. Stuff like - did I have a motorcycle background? How much money do I make? How old? etc etc. He was also interested in what I thought about accys. Will I buy them? which ones are important to me, etc etc. Also about the auto trans. Would I have ordered it if it were available now? I have to wonder if there is a lot of pre-orders or not. My luck with Fla people has not been good at all and when I ran across this web-site and noticed that a lot of the people were talking about an authorization number from Can-Am I got to thinking. I had not received any sort of number so I called the dealer and found out that they just forgot to send me a copy. They finally faxed it to me and I must be registered with the factory because I got the poll call. I just hope I don't get jacked around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, I never got any "Authorization number" or any of those magical numbers that was later proven to have nothing to do with the VIN or production number.

I bought mine from cycle riders of orlando, and he did say the date might change by a day or two either way but thats basicly my date. Man I feel lucky im never first =)

Might as well share somthing really cool my girl got me for my birthday. Cruzin Cooler... www.cruzincooler.com It is VERY cool.... =)

--John

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called my dealer Tuesday, he said that their first shipment is first week in October and is 3. When I bought it, they told me I was number 4. Of course when I spoke to him he could not remember and did not have the paperwork handy. He also said he didn't know what colors were in the first shipment, so he didn't know which customers would get them, but he said it wouldn't be mine in their. Also one of the first 3 is a dealer demo.

Beyond all that he did say they would be getting monthly shipments, and that is all the info that they have from the BRP rep.

BTW I am in upstate NY, near Albany.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Makes sence that Florida would get theirs first so they are seen all around biketoberfest........at least if I was BRP thats what I would do.

--John

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got a date!!!!!! the week ending Oct 5th, it can come in between monday the 1st and the 5th. I have number one out of the shop!!!! MA dealer BTW!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts