Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gatlinburg 2008 - Plan to attend?
Yes, I/we plan to attend 4853.33%
Sounds interesting, I may attend - Will see how it unfolds3640.00%
No, I won't be coming (bad date, too far, etc)66.67%

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Please vote and also post your thoughts in here. This may be a 20 person event or it may be a 1000 person event. We can scale up or down as needed, but as time moves on we will need to start making plans based on number of attendees.

Thanks.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Please vote and also post your thoughts in here. This may be a 20 person event or it may be a 1000 person event. We can scale up or down as needed, but as time moves on we will need to start making plans based on number of attendees.

Thanks.
OK after that long discussion on a central location that clearly fell on deaf ears,
(Only one way) not including time for gas, meals ECT. - just plain old seat time from El Cajon Ca. to Gaitlinberg is 36 hrs 57 min and a one way distance of 2,242.7 miles.

I plan to attend.

Marc I expect a hat upon arrival.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
OK after that long discussion on a central location that clearly fell on deaf ears,
(Only way) not including time for gas, meals ECT. - just plain old seat time from El Cajon Ca. to Gaitlinberg is 36 hrs 57 min and a one way distance of 2,242.7 miles.

I plan to attend.

ken thank you so much for attending this gathering i know its a long way but if you never have been there you will have a great time your comments did not go unoticed but just for instence i will be going to gatlinburg 3 times in nov to start getting the ball rolling and i plan on many more trips in the next 11 mo
so we will all have a orginized trouble free time

again thanks
billybob

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(Only way) not including time for gas, meals ECT. - just plain old seat time from El Cajon Ca. to Gaitlinberg is 36 hrs 57 min and a one way distance of 2,242.7 miles.

I plan to attend.

LOL, we'll have an award for whoever travels the farthest...better than a hat

·
Registered
188 Posts
ken thank you so much for attending this gathering i know its a long way but if you never have been there you will have a great time your comments did not go unoticed but just for instence i will be going to gatlinburg 3 times in nov to start getting the ball rolling and i plan on many more trips in the next 11 mo

again thanks
billybob
Thanks billybob. For most of us, we need to have an event where someone is willing to step up to the plate to make it happen. So I want to thank you for taking on this task, and Marc also, who appears to be helping out quite a bit. If someone out in Colorado or Iowa (or whatever state is most central) wants to step up and be the host / organizer for an event, I'll do my darnedest to attend that one too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you need more help I would be more than happy to do my part as well. I live in Georgia and I have a great deal of experience in working with events of all different sizes. Let me know what I can do.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you need more help I would be more than happy to do my part as well. I live in Georgia and I have a great deal of experience in working with events of all different sizes. Let me know what I can do.
Would welcome your help, thanks! We'll touch base soon.

Welcome to the site btw

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts

again thanks
billybob
I have no doubt that the event will be successful and that you and your staff of helpers will do a wonderful job.

Also I know what it takes to put together an event like this and with all the other Spyder owners that will be helping you can't go wrong, so thank you for being the driving force.

When you start to run out of gas, remember that I'm coming because of you and you efforts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great idea, I have been to Gatlinburg three times in the last two years all on my motorcycles, I love the place.....oh and it's just a hour and half from Deals Gap too! We may have to work on the dates though!
If you're needing help with any rides while there I can help out and with lodgeing like I said i've been there so I know my way around the area.......now all I need is my Spyder!?
Congrats to all that have their Spyders!

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Billybob

Is there a dealer close by and how far from Gaitlinberg?

I will need an oil change before I head home

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Billybob

ken not as yet but lets see what comes up by then in knoxville if worst comes to worst i will have a filter and oil and so far with the folks coming w'ell GIT er DONE

·
Registered
488 Posts
Billybob

I'm sure by then that BRP will have made arrangements with Can-Am dealers to work on the Spyder in states that they are not approved. I think there is a good Can-Am dealer in Kodak, TN - about 20 miles north of Gatlinburg. That dealer would be a target to participate in our rally since I'm sure they are looking forward to the time they can sell Spyders!! Wheelers near Deals Gap can work on any kind of open air vehicle!! Since the engine is built by Rotax, any dealer that works on Aprilia bikes can work on the Spyder's engine. Who knows ..... maybe even a HD shop might be able to work on it since the new Buell 1125R sportbike has a Rotax engine...

Hopefully we can have some vendors at the Rally selling parts related to the Spyder; e.g. Oil, filters, tires, brake pads, etc.. It will really depend on the numberof participants we can pull in.

Like Billy is saying .......... don't let that stop you .......... we'll see to it that anyone who attends will be able to get what they need!! Besides, the Spyder doesn't break - not a single Spyder "owner" as of yet has had any mechanical failure at all!!!!

By-the-way Ken ....... so far you have the "long distance" award locked up ... 2,224 miles !!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Great idea, I have been to Gatlinburg three times in the last two years all on my motorcycles, I love the place.....oh and it's just a hour and half from Deals Gap too! We may have to work on the dates though!
If you're needing help with any rides while there I can help out and with lodgeing like I said i've been there so I know my way around the area.......now all I need is my Spyder!?
Congrats to all that have their Spyders!
Diamonbird .......... What dealer are you working with? I'm about 95 miles south of you - hopefully we can do some miles together one-of-these-days!! Mine is on order from Honda House, Colonial Heights, VA (Richmond).

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
I'm sure by then that BRP will have made arrangements with Can-Am dealers to work on the Spyder in states that they are not approved. I think there is a good Can-Am dealer in Kodak, TN - about 20 miles north of Gatlinburg. That dealer would be a target to participate in our rally since I'm sure they are looking forward to the time they can sell Spyders!! Wheelers near Deals Gap can work on any kind of open air vehicle!! Since the engine is built by Rotax, any dealer that works on Aprilia bikes can work on the Spyder's engine. Who knows ..... maybe even a HD shop might be able to work on it since the new Buell 1125R sportbike has a Rotax engine...

Hopefully we can have some vendors at the Rally selling parts related to the Spyder; e.g. Oil, filters, tires, brake pads, etc.. It will really depend on the numberof participants we can pull in.

Like Billy is saying .......... don't let that stop you .......... we'll see to it that anyone who attends will be able to get what they need!! Besides, the Spyder doesn't break - not a single Spyder "owner" as of yet has had any mechanical failure at all!!!!

By-the-way Ken ....... so far you have the "long distance" award locked up ... 2,224 miles !!!
hevnbound

Great I won't worry about it till I get there, the way I figure it - one way plus all the riding over the event will get me close to the oil change.

you do know that will be an iron butt ride, I will give a report on the so called "tour seat " and how comfortable it really is.

Just in case there are any other Spyder ryders that would like to tag on, if you are on the route (I'll post the route) when I go bye you all are welcome to jump on.

I will be GPSing the ride and have proof of miles and travel hrs moving, stopped hours, total hours, average speed and of course highest speed.

There will be NO trailering allowed, the Spyder was made to ride - so let just do it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
thanks to all of you folk spearheading this endevour !
i was planning on riding my spyder to the dragon next summer anyway . should be a hoot to meet and greet those that show up

1 - 20 of 46 Posts