Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to have the first registered Can-AM Spyder Roadster in the great state of North Carolina !

·
Registered
488 Posts
I hope you are wrong!! .. Ha, Ha!! I was hoping for #1 in NC - but you could be #2 ...
Seriously, have you been notified by your dealer that yours is due in soon? I haven't heard anything.

Where did you buy yours? I purchased from Honda House, Colonial Heights, VA

Sam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you are wrong!! .. Ha, Ha!! I was hoping for #1 in NC - but you could be #2 ...
Seriously, have you been notified by your dealer that yours is due in soon? I haven't heard anything.

Where did you buy yours? I purchased from Honda House, Colonial Heights, VA

Sam
I put my money down at Honda House Richmond , Va first week of May I'm 19th on the dealers list , but i e-mailed Can-Am in Feb. requesting a premier edition ... my dealer contact said that would push me up the list from Can-Am ... so my fingers and toes are crossed :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I put my money down at Honda House Richmond , Va first week of May I'm 19th on the dealers list , but i e-mailed Can-Am in Feb. requesting a premier edition ... my dealer contact said that would push me up the list from Can-Am ... so my fingers and toes are crossed :)
Let me know when they contact you and I'll do the same. I put my money down in April so I shouldn't be too far ahead of you. Did you actually buy it at their Richmond location or in Colonial Heights. Purchased mine from Mike Studd. They seem to be great folks although they haven't volunteered any information. I call them from time-to-time to check in.

Sam

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope to have the first registered Can-AM Spyder Roadster in the great state of North Carolina !
I was so close to being the first! I got a call from my dealer in Jacksonville, Florida telling me to come pick up my spyder. i'm a teacher so i got a sub, took time off work, called my husband so he could ask off for work, etc...when i got home that evening they called me back to tell me that the silver was their demo so I had to wait for the next shipment.
I just got a call saturday and they told me they should be getting at least 2 more by december.
i'm not getting my hopes up this time! i live in morganton, nc by the way and i'm dying to hit the parkway which is only 30 minutes away! i hope we can all meet up sometime and ride the mountains.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Will have Yellow & Black Spyder #391 in Statesville this Friday!!
Hallelujah!!
I go down Thursday to pick mine up in Jacksonville, Florida. I'll race you back to NC!
If you are back by Sunday I'll would love to meet up with you and show off my black/silver. I'm leaving at 5:00 am so I won't get to check the computer until we get back Saturday night, but if you'll send be an email I'll contact you so we can meet up and maybe go ride around. We live only 50 miles from Statesville....

·
Registered
64 Posts
spyder #664 is home. we got back yesterday evening finally. we stayed an extra day and rode 245 miles. my husband is already down stairs in the garage wanting to add a "few" things. he's already had jacksonville powersports put on the wheels which i had had no intention of buying. they do look good though. sam i hope you made it home ok and i'm sorry you had such an ordeal. when you get it home you'll forget all the stress and pain and will have a big smile on your face.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when I went to the NC DMV to register ... I asked them to use my VIN # and tell me where the other Spyders are and when they were registered ... I was # 4 in NC ... Vilias , Statesville , Morganton and now Clayton ... more to come later I'm sure !!!my plate ... VYNOMUS ... will be here soon !!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hevnbound, I see that you are in Statesville. I just moved here from Michigan and live in Mooresville. I just got word today that my Spyders have been delivered to Michigan. I bought two, one for the wife and I, both silver. I am hoping that there is going to be a dealer in the area here soon, but if not, where did you buy from and how far away is it so I can drive there for the first service? Or, is there another dealer closer to us than where you purchased? How was your interaction with the dealer? My dealer in Michigan was horrendous and I am thankful that I am far away from them.

Thanks for any information, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hevnbound, I see that you are in Statesville. I just moved here from Michigan and live in Mooresville. I just got word today that my Spyders have been delivered to Michigan. I bought two, one for the wife and I, both siver. I am hoping that there is going to be a dealer in the area here soon, but if not, where did you buy from and how far away is it so I can drive there for the first service? Or, is there another dealer closer to us than where you purchased? How was your interaction with the dealer? My dealer in Michigan was horrendous and I am thankful that I am far away from them.

Thanks for any information, I appreciate it.
Welcome to Mooresville. Your timing may be just right. Lake Norman Power Sports in Cornelius is having a Spyder demo ride April 12th & 13th. I would think that if they are having a demo ride, they will be getting Spyders very soon. It's possible that they already have a service person trained on the Spyder - if so, they can do the service. www.lakenormanpowersports.com

Honda of Winston-Salem is also having a demo ride April 18th - 20th. I assume the same would apply. www.hondaws.com

I plan on attending both demos on my Spyder. Perhaps we can meet up in Cornelius?

If that fails, I would recommend Swampfox Motorsports in Bluefield, VA. I did not buy my Spyder from them but they are much closer than Honda House in Colonial Heights, VA where I purchased mine. I've talked to them and they sound very nice - I purchased my Shop Manual from them and received it promptly - at full retail price, however!! I believe NCSPYDERWOMAN had her first service performed there. She could tell you of her experiences. You can call Swampfox at: 276-322-4386 or 276-322-3478. It's about 150 miles from Mooresville.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to Mooresville. Your timing may be just right. Lake Norman Power Sports in Cornelius is having a Spyder demo ride April 12th & 13th. I would think that if they are having a demo ride, they will be getting Spyders very soon. It's possible that they already have a service person trained on the Spyder - if so, they can do the service. www.lakenormanpowersports.com

Honda of Winston-Salem is also having a demo ride April 18th - 20th. I assume the same would apply. www.hondaws.com

I plan on attending both demos on my Spyder. Perhaps we can meet up in Cornelius?

If that fails, I would recommend Swampfox Motorsports in Bluefield, VA. I did not buy my Spyder from them but they are much closer than Honda House in Colonial Heights, VA where I purchased mine. I've talked to them and they sound very nice - I purchased my Shop Manual from them and received it promptly - at full retail price, however!! I believe NCSPYDERWOMAN had her first service performed there. She could tell you of her experiences. You can call Swampfox at: 276-322-4386 or 276-322-3478. It's about 150 miles from Mooresville.
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. My dealer in MI is trying to charge me some very excessive fees from what I have seen posted here on the board for setup and freight. Plus, at no fault of the dealership, I have to pay 6% MI sales tax plus the 3% NC registration fee. The taxes are almost as bad as Canada! I am thinking about backing out of the deal because I should be able to get my $1000 deposit back because they did not deliver by 3/31. I've had nothing but problems trying to get answers and correct information out of my dealer in MI and so have others on this forum, so I really do not feel like supporting someone that has not treated me right. Heck, they wouldn't even give me the stupid first owner jackets until I took delivery of the bike. I might head over to the dealer here in Cornelius today to see what they would offer me.

I'm sure that I will see you around here sometime. I have an uncanny knack of running into people that I "know" when I move from place to place where I should never recognize anyone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
welcome to nc 2spyderman!
i hope you can work out your issues with your dealer. i know how frustrating they can be. we took my spyder to swampfox motorsports in bluefield, virginia. they were really nice people. our total cost was $226.56, but some of that was 4 extra qts. of synthetic oil and an oil filter. it took about 2 hours. the labor cost was $91.66. they let us sit in the shop and watch them do the service. even showed us some cool stuff about our spyder on the computer when they hooked it up. just make sure you call a couple weeks in advance to set up an appt. i've called the nc dealer in taylorsville, the closet one to us, and they said they would not be ready to service them for about a month. bluefield in about 3 hours from us in morganton.

·
Registered
64 Posts
welcome to nc 2spyderman!
i hope you can work out your issues with your dealer. i know how frustrating they can be. we took my spyder to swampfox motorsports in bluefield, virginia. they were really nice people. our total cost was $226.56, but some of that was 4 extra qts. of synthetic oil and an oil filter. it took about 2 hours. the labor cost was $91.66. they let us sit in the shop and watch them do the service. even showed us some cool stuff about our spyder on the computer when they hooked it up. just make sure you call a couple weeks in advance to set up an appt. i've called the nc dealer in taylorsville, the closet one to us, and they said they would not be ready to service them for about a month. bluefield in about 3 hours from us in morganton.
Thanks for the information and the welcome. I'm still waiting on my Spyder. My fabulous dealer in Michigan called me last night at 8pm to tell me that they were not going to deliver the Spyder yesterday like they were supposed to. Why they couldn't call sooner, I do not know, but as my wife said, "Does it surprise you?" They said that they were going to deliver today, but I have not heard anything yet. I am going to try to get over to Lake Norman Powersports this weekend when they have the Spyder tour there and ask when they will be ready for service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts