1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think with a "buy it now" price that low, it bring's down the price for everyone else that wants to sell their Spyder and screws up an investment for them. I think that person would do a lot better if they just started the price at $17,900 instead of ending it there.

I kept each eBay auction from when people had their Spyder's on eBay. But since they didn't have it at their houses yet, they had to take it off eBay. But one went up to $23,000 and still had a few days left on the auction. The other's were nearing in on $20,000 at the start of the auction's.

·
Registered
911 Posts
interesting that it was listed as used with only three miles. this might be a way for a dealer to get around the brp requirement that they not mark up the m.s.r.p..

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm surprised it was listed at such a low price. After tax, title and so on, seems hardly worth it to the seller. Might have walked away with $2,400 in his pocket. Not a bad profit but certainly nothing to brag about considering the difficulty in obtaining one at this particular point in time. I would have expected to see them going for somewhere in the 25K range and they still may.

·
Registered
488 Posts
interesting that it was listed as used with only three miles. this might be a way for a dealer to get around the brp requirement that they not mark up the m.s.r.p..
Out of curiosity I emailed the seller asking him if he had the unit in his possession, was it stock and, why was he selling it. Here is his response:

Dear hevnbound1,

The bike is here and ready to ride. We have left it stock. No mods. Its actually new. Ebay wont let me list one stated "new" I dont know why!? It has never been titled or ridden other than the teck who serviced it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Seller does not have a REAL photo of the bike. My guess is it's a scam. If there was a photo of this bike in the garage or driveway posted, then I'd consider it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seller does not have a REAL photo of the bike. My guess is it's a scam. If there was a photo of this bike in the garage or driveway posted, then I'd consider it...
I just can not believe that already a dealer is selling a Spyder on ebay! As of now there are somewhere close to 587+/- buyers waiting to get their delievery of a Spyder, and here is some dealer selling one on ebay... You would think that BRP would have had a stipulation against such a thing happening from a dealer selling their product.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
"I think with a "buy it now" price that low, it bring's down the price for everyone else that wants to sell their Spyder and screws up an investment for them. "

Well, no one said they should be trying to whore these out as an investment in the first place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You know what pissing me off about the e-bay sale? Why would they send a Spyder to a dealer that there was no deposit on?
So someone got a Spyder before all the people who been waiting. This burns me up.

That said, I'm still waiting patiently and grates to all that have received theres.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You know what pissing me off about the e-bay sale? Why would they send a Spyder to a dealer that there was no deposit on?
So someone got a Spyder before all the people who been waiting. This burns me up.

That said, I'm still waiting patiently and grates to all that have received theres.
It may have been the Dealers Demo unit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts